Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Farm Supplier
    I believe players who have so many are spending money to get them. I also think people who win the leader board have to be spending money or gems. You have to boost and speed things along to get all items from the magic forge you need to win. I really like the leader board. If you’re not trying to win it’s nice not to have to rush around and chop a million things. I just try to get enough points to get the final prize (the kelpie here) and work to get as many gold tokens as possible. I don’t think the prize you can win from the leader board is that much better that items you can get for gold tokens. I look at it as a nice break and enjoy it. Most people playing don’t win.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-08-19 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Post edited pm sent

Farm Supplier
    I love monster hunts and crafting new cool animals in the MRC, but like most people greatly dislike the whole leaderboard concept. Other games I play ASK ME if I want to participate in the leaderboards. S8 could easily add that feature and I for one, wish they would. Then those of us who feel an odd sense of distaste as we enjoy the game, could play Willy nilly guilt free.

I never rank above 6 on the leaderboards. I don't try to advance at all, just go for the big point prize and gold tokens, so really my fault. At first I felt like a handicapped kid being tossed onto a track of professional athletes and told good luck! But now I just play, and wish my competitors well. I even make some new friends. But it does nick to always lose out on the top prizes, just a little.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I thought it just showed your boost, not someone else's.
    I think this is the case as well. In DS (not sure about FFS, never played it) when I played, everyone in the same bracket could see if anyone else in that same bracket was using a boost. But in all the LBs for CS, I've never seen the symbol show up for anyone other than my own usage even when another was obviously using it. Of course, this is back when I participated in the LBs so it may have changed but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    This one is not as much fun, however, because 1st place in my board already has 12,453. He hasn?t boosted once either which is soooooo strange to have that many points.
    You must have gotten a lot of points in the last LB. The game monitors your score and puts you in group that is high or low scoring based on your past performance.

Rhino Keeper
    For those that don't know, the yellow wisps that spawn from cloudberry bushes as well as faun (fawn) give tokens. Both shield and sword tokens. These spawn once you start the storyline In Search of Sabina.

For me trolls, aquanthers, and marmosea spawned do not give any tokens.

Trudyscandles

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    For those that don't know, the yellow wisps that spawn from cloudberry bushes as well as faun (fawn) give tokens. Both shield and sword tokens. These spawn once you start the storyline In Search of Sabina.

For me trolls, aquanthers, and marmosea spawned do not give any tokens.

Trudyscandles
    Have you finished the mermaid arc in its entirety? I'm wondering if that has something to do with whether or not a player receives hunt tokens from the mermaid spawns. I get token drops from all the mermaid spawns and my story is still active. I've completed all but the last two steps - I want to max out all the crafts needed to build the prison before I build it.

EDIT: Am I correct in thinking that the Bell Ringer walker is a permanent addition to our Town Squares?
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 06-08-19 at 03:18 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Have you finished the mermaid arc in its entirety? I'm wondering if that has something to do with whether or not a player receives hunt tokens from the mermaid spawns. I get token drops from all the mermaid spawns and my story is still active. I've completed all but the last two steps - I want to max out all the crafts needed to build the prison before I build it.

EDIT: Am I correct in thinking that the Bell Ringer walker is a permanent addition to our Town Squares?
    Yes, I have finished the mermaid storyline. I wonder if that does make a difference. Interesting....

Trudyscandles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    You must have gotten a lot of points in the last LB. The game monitors your score and puts you in group that is high or low scoring based on your past performance.
    If that is true, then IMO their monitor is broken. Except for my first few leaderboards here, where 2-3 of my accounts were all on the same board, I note that while most of us are close in ranking, the #1 spot seems to be someone with thousands of energy, and multiple alicorns. Seems like the number of weekly/daily alis should factor into that equation somehow! There will always be people who store energy for a monster hunt, but it seems the last year my main account (which won 1 Leaderboard) has been mixed in with accounts that have 50+ alicorns and is a good 10K points ahead of the rest of us.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Yes, I have finished the mermaid storyline. I wonder if that does make a difference. Interesting....

Trudyscandles
    Thought I’d give it a try. My Mermaid storyline is finished. I spawned both a pink and blue Aquanther. Both dropped a shield token with each hit that also counted points. Dropped 4 sword and 1 staff when defeated. A marmosea, purple one I think, also dropped Shield tokens and points per hit but only 4 staff tokens when defeated.

I echo what others have said about Leaderboards, I despise them. I’ve been fighting lots of golems working toward the regular Kelpie. Disappointed it’s only a pond in disguise, but guess I’ll continue to just get a horse of a different color. I’m in 3rd with about 1480 points. 1st and 2nd jumped way ahead right away. The Royal Kelpie, while pretty, has drops that are of no use unless some new storyline needs Mermaid pieces, and how often has S8 ever reused items. Oh, I guess the elves request them, but I don’t usually bother with them and their stingy trades.

By the way, I posted once before that time perception does get distorted. Unless there are some that participated in development/beta testing, the length of time playing Castle Story is 6 years and 9 months at the most. Castle Story debuted in September 2012.

Nightclub Owner

Trudyscandles
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Thought I?d give it a try. My Mermaid storyline is finished. I spawned both a pink and blue Aquanther. Both dropped a shield token with each hit that also counted points. Dropped 4 sword and 1 staff when defeated. A marmosea, purple one I think, also dropped Shield tokens and points per hit but only 4 staff tokens when defeated.

...snip....
    Well, there goes that theory! If it's not due to whether or not the storyline is active, I'm out of ideas as to why the mermaid spawns are only dropping tokens for some players. Chalk that one up to another randomization in CS, I guess.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-08-19 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Post edited. Pm sent