Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Is that "10th goal" Kelpie really just a pond on legs in respect of its drops?

Nightclub Owner
    It's odd that only some players seem to be getting tokens from spawned Aquanthers. I just spawned one of both colors and both dropped all three types of tokens. 8-10 Shield tokens, 4-5 Sword and 1-2 Staff each to be specific.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4322.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	52019

Perhaps it's a bug of some sort that s8 should look into?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Thank you. I think I'll be shooting for an Armored Direwolf. It seems kind of insane to spend 4000 stored energy to get something that will drop 20-60 energy every 5 days (according to hub). Figure 40 energy on average, and 39 since it uses one to collect, that's 512 days of faithful collections. So it'll take a year and a half for it to return what it took, not to mention the 75 mithril that took a few years to accumulate.

Hmm. I think I just talked myself out of it.

Arguably it's the same issue for the Wizards portal. Nominal energy for the tokens and essence aside, 85 coins takes maybe 2 golems (2-3 bronze trades and a gold trade), and golems are averaging 35 energy for me... so that's 70 energy per coin. That's 5950 energy spent to get a wizard's portal that pumps out 4 to 12 energy a day at that first level, no additional gold coins needed. Say you collect faithfully 3 times a day... 12 energy. It'd be 495 days before you break even on all that spent energy.

Maybe it's all just silly and I should go back to the Mermaid thing. It was worth it to get the Tinker Camp which has immeasurable value of time, getting 50% more crafts done in the same amount of check ins. The animals are seeming less and less appealing when you do the math.

Am I wrong? Without a regular gold nugget dropper, I don't think these are worth it.
    My previous post was a reply on this post

(SW here, copied your post here for you)
    I thought like this first but in the end when you get more and more pets, alicorns etc that drop energy it will greatly help in your game play as you can also ?store? the energy from them instead of only relaying on the 40 energy every 2 hours from the game. After a while you will be always maxed in a lot of stuff like mithril as wel.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-08-19 at 03:48 AM.

Farm Supplier
    SO MAD!!!Just sent this ticket into storm8. I hope they respond. I want to quit. I don’t care if it sounds angry. GRRRR

Hello there, I am playing the current monster hunt . I just reached one of the goals of 760 points where the prize is 2 chests. It did not let me open the chests but asked me if I wanted to put them in storage. I said yes. There is nothing to be found. Please give me these chests before this event ends. I worked very hard and spent time and energy earning these chests to get nothing from them. This is not fair. Please help.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by beachinhawaii View Post
    SO MAD!!!Just sent this ticket into storm8. I hope they respond. I want to quit. I don?t care if it sounds angry. GRRRR
    ... snip...
    The chests we get for the milestones are not physical chests to chop. The items automatically get added to your inventory. Please refer to the first page for further details on the items the chests provide.

And for future reference, we're not permitted to post about our interactions with S8 support. Not sure why (something about privacy or what have you) but it is a rule they're pretty firm with either way.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    How were you able to save so much energy? Do you have a lot of alicorns?
    I don't have many alicorns but if you keep collecting from whatever energy sources you have it all adds up. You just keep adding to the 40 max energy, but you do lose the 3 minute additions. Took me about a week to store up 1500. I puzzled for ages how people were able to store so much up until I was told this about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    I thought like this first but in the end when you get more and more pets, alicorns etc that drop energy it will greatly help in your game play as you can also ?store? the energy from them instead of only relaying on the 40 energy every 2 hours from the game. After a while you will be always maxed in a lot of stuff like mithril as wel.
    Thanks. I agree- I started this MH with a little over 4000 energy saved. For a few years I saved every gem earned through adventures and trades to use on Black Friday for Alicorns (thanks forums!) did every video watch for a chance to win an alicorn (did twice, hooray!) and ever MH used 40 energy + wizard schoolss + neighbor visits to scrimp and save tokens for armored alicorns and unicorns. Then I most recently went a few weeks without playing at all - not accomplishing any tasks or crafting - besides collecting from energy sources. That's how I amassed 4000 energy. I ended up stopping checking for energy and going on a game hiatus.

Now that I hopped into this MH finally able to rack up gold tokens and I've spent nearly all of the energy I worked to save, I realize I'll need to sit out again for weeks to get it back and any new MRC animal I craft won't support that energy reclaim all that much. I'm realizing if I can get 120 energy a day from dailies + schools and 200 a week from weeklies, it'll take me 18 days of doing absolutely nothing but collecting energy again. If I sat out the MH, I'd be up to 4600 energy now and still plugging along with mermaid and Sabina, not sitting out for two weeks at the end of this.

::shrug:: I guess I'm just not seeing MH as being that useful when an energy source is now a whopping 85 coins when armored alicorn used to be 15 coins. That felt useful. This - not so much.
    Last edited by peachtreeshoppe; 06-08-19 at 04:27 AM. Reason: 18 days of doing absolutely nothing (no craft, no gold mine, no adventures) but energy, not 12

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The chests we get for the milestones are not physical chests to chop. The items automatically get added to your inventory. Please refer to the first page for further details on the items the chests provide.

And for future reference, we're not permitted to post about our interactions with S8 support. Not sure why (something about privacy or what have you) but it is a rule they're pretty firm with either way.

Thank you for letting me know. I was more trying to see if anyone else experienced this. . I checked my inventory and there was nothing new. Also I only had 765 points after it all and I figured one of the chests would contain points so my point count will at least go up. I did not receive my reward from these chests whatsoever.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsandRandoms View Post
    I don't have many alicorns but if you keep collecting from whatever energy sources you have it all adds up. You just keep adding to the 40 max energy, but you do lose the 3 minute additions. Took me about a week to store up 1500. I puzzled for ages how people were able to store so much up until I was told this about a month ago.
    I had no idea that could be done! Awesome! Thanks for the tip!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by beachinhawaii View Post
    Thank you for letting me know. I was more trying to see if anyone else experienced this. . I checked my inventory and there was nothing new. Also I only had 765 points after it all and I figured one of the chests would contain points so my point count will at least go up. I did not receive my reward from these chests whatsoever.
    You likely received coins (which don’t show up in inventory) and something that you are already maxed on, but the opening of them happens automatically and very quickly so it’s hard to see sometimes.