Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by thephdcookie View Post
    It?s my first time playing with a leaderboard. If another player reaches the last goal before me does that mean I can no longer reach it? Or can I reach the last goal regardless of where I am on the rank? Thanks!
    Those are individual goals so you may reach them any time during the event, which is 7 days. If you don?t complete them all, it?s okay. But, it has nothing to do with your neighbors reaching those goals. The only competition is for the place that you complete in your 20 kindgom leaderboard. If you click on the prizes tab, it will tell you what each person receives based upon their rank 1-20.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    Has anyone been able to spawn a Kelpie from a swampy pond?
    Yes, I did. The Oasis Pond from a previous event (the one with the walker Allegra) works too.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Fashion Designer
    I love leaderboard events! Collecting coins, fighting beasts, it’s so much fun! This one is not as much fun, however, because 1st place in my board already has 12,453. He hasn’t boosted once either which is soooooo strange to have that many points.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    She will post the drops as soon as someone collects and posts it?s here. Spiritwind goes through the board posts and gathers all of the information to post on page one so we have a reference point. She doesn?t give us the information directly from S8, but rather waits until we tell her what?s happening in each event and then summarizes and puts it in all one place. That way we don?t need to go through all of the posts. And, some of us (like me) sometimes scan page one too quickly and don?t find the answer so ask questions that were actually answered. I appreciate all of you who spend gems to speed up and figure out the tasks and for Spiritwind for putting it all together.
    My question was not a critique of SpiritWind, but rather a question for S8 in general. Feels like often we are operating in the dark. Shouldn't have to wait for people to spend real money on gems to speed through so we know what we are getting.

Fashion Designer
    I love leaderboard events! Collecting coins, fighting beasts, it’s so much fun! This one is not as much fun, however, because 1st place in my board already has 12,453. He hasn’t boosted once either which is soooooo strange to have that many points.
    Maybe this is obvious, but can you actually tell when they boost? Does the arrow icon show up on the leaderboard? I’ve never seen it on a neighbor on the leaderboard.

—-

Also, thanks for the replies about the swampy pond. I’ve collected from it about 10 times with no spawn. Mermaid pond has an awesome spawn rate though.

Executive Chef
    My mermaid pond has always spawned a beast so far, across all accounts. Swampy pond spawn has been random.

Emerald Gnome spawned a skunkupine this morning too.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    Maybe this is obvious, but can you actually tell when they boost? Does the arrow icon show up on the leaderboard? I’ve never seen it on a neighbor on the leaderboard.

—-

Also, thanks for the replies about the swampy pond. I’ve collected from it about 10 times with no spawn. Mermaid pond has an awesome spawn rate though.
    If you look at the page where it lists your 20 kingdom competitors it says rank, kingdom name, points and boost. If someone has purchased either of the boosts, it will show up under the boost column while the boost is active.

Executive Chef
    If you look at the page where it lists your 20 kingdom competitors it says rank, kingdom name, points and boost. If someone has purchased either of the boosts, it will show up under the boost column while the boost is active.
    I thought it just showed your boost, not someone else's.

Executive Chef
    I’ Noticed some items give energy that I didn’t realize did before. I recently noticed Direloves and Onyx boars give a couple energy. It seems something else surprised me with energy but I don’t remember what.

I have several weekly and daily Alicorns but I don’t use them that often. I save for stuff I really want. I hope they do more of the monster hunts where you can get old items you missed. I too use these mostly for the gold coins.

Good luck to everyone who wants a kelpie.

Executive Chef
    I disagree; an event that only 2 out of 20 people can get the "prize" is not fun. Deliberately excluding most people from getting the prize is not fun, when it's possible to design an event such that the prize is won if effort is put in. Monster Hunts like the Siren one allowed everyone to work toward what they wanted, without people being disappointed that only a select few were able to obtain a prize.
    Real Life is skewed enough, gaming is supposed to be a fun, stress relieving activity......not one that causes sadness. I personally am not interested in the prize Kelpie, but I can't help but feel for people who would enjoy having another cute animal and can't. I know how bad I felt in previous Leaderboards when I couldn't possibly win.....it's why I quit playing/buying gems in Dragon Story. I hope Castle Story staff don't follow this Leaderboard/Monster Hunt format in future.
    Software glitches are bound to happen & it's bad enough that people can't play or finish an event when they occur, without designing the event to deliberately exclude 90% of the people playing.
    Its also frustrating that I couldn't write this post without having to log in AGAIN.

That being said....it's great to see more Monster Hunts! And since the Blue Dire Boars are spawning only once daily, I have been trying to spawn Forest Wisps from White Trillium and also the wisps from Cloudberry bushes to fill in tokens.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx