Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    And I tried some Whisps (the ones from the white trillium) but it didn't drop many tokens. (it does drop forest whisp essence for the Hidden Forest goal, so that is nice)
    What are Whisps, and do you have to be at certain level to spawn them? I think my white trillium spawned a skunkupine, but I am not sure.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    boo, nope, I have a lock on the Cursed Reef and none in storage either.
    I have one in storage, but it's no use if you haven't unlocked them in the store/ via the goal.
    I tried chopping it, but it didn't drop anything.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    What are Whisps, and do you have to be at certain level to spawn them? I think my white trillium spawned a skunkupine, but I am not sure.
    Wisps are enemies that spawn from white trillium. They drop 'Forest Wisp Essens' that you can use for 'forest Blade' and 'Forest Compass' for the 'Hidden Forest' quest.
    I think they only spawn if you need them for a quest, but I'm not sure.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by IttyBittyInc View Post
    Issue...Armored Kelpie requires cursed pearls. Cursed pearls apparently come from cursed reefs. Cursed reefs locked by goal. Is there any other drop location for these?
    I wouldn't worry too much about the Armored options during the Monster Hunts. They are permanent additions to the Mythic Research Center that can be crafted at any time. I'd focus on crafting the other options and save that one for future.

Wisps are enemies that spawn from white trillium. They drop 'Forest Wisp Essens' that you can use for 'forest Blade' and 'Forest Compass' for the 'Hidden Forest' quest.
    I think they only spawn if you need them for a quest, but I'm not sure.
    Yes, the green Forest Wisps spawn from White Trillium but only when a players is actively working on the Hidden Forest Storyline or after it has been completed.

There are also the regular yellow Wisps that spawn from Cloudberry Bushes which spawn continuously after reaching the Search for Sabina Storyline.

What are your favorites from the Mythic Research Center? I'd like to figure out which to craft...
    A few notes:
    - I'm maxed on regular Unicorns.
    - I have enough Mithril, Spellbound Dew, Golden Apple, and glimmer shard/fragment sources.
    - I have one golden peacock but haven't noted the frequency of a nugget drop... (I don't need more Golden Eggs.)
    - I have an Armored manticore and don't think it's given me much.
    - I have one Armored Flyer but I don't think I've ever gotten a permit or trade ticket from it... am I not paying attention?

I'm thinking Armored Direwolf (but need 50 coins... probably next MH) and I'd consider the Armored Lion, but 30 nuggets is a lot to give up.

What would you do?

I've been on a hiatus and can't recall from when I was last playing... what's only here temporarily? Just the two new ones?

Executive Chef
    I'm talking about spawned Aquanthers too, so I guess it's just me..
    Not just you, me too. My spawned blue Aquanther didn?t drop tokens for me.

I love the Kelpie!! Excellent design S8. I hate LB events so I won?t be getting one unfortunately. Maybe somewhere down the line if it?s released for sale. Multiple spawns of blue dire boar is sorely needed.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

After reading some comments I now feel I'm being very unfair to the players on my leaderboard who might want the Royal Kelpie. I had 1500 energy saved when this event started and I used a lot of it fighting gollums to get the gold troll tokens. I want another armoured direwolf. All those fights have put me more than 1000 points ahead of the other players but I don't want to win, I only want as many gold tokens as i can get over the next week, but that means my LB points will keep accumulating and I'll end up taking the 1st prize from someone who wants it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsandRandoms View Post
    After reading some comments I now feel I'm being very unfair to the players on my leaderboard who might want the Royal Kelpie. I had 1500 energy saved when this event started and I used a lot of it fighting gollums to get the gold troll tokens. I want another armoured direwolf. All those fights have put me more than 1000 points ahead of the other players but I don't want to win, I only want as many gold tokens as i can get over the next week, but that means my LB points will keep accumulating and I'll end up taking the 1st prize from someone who wants it.
    I felt like that the first few LBs as well. I've been playing for many years, have lots of energy sources and more stored energy than I can use at any given time. That's just what happens after years of dedicated daily playing and most will find themselves in the same situation eventually. After discussing the fair/unfair issue with fellow players, I realized that it's not on me to ensure another player is enjoying their game.

Is it fair the way they randomly throw groups together? No, absolutely not. But that's not really something we can fix. I feel for those who find themselves at a disadvantage in regards to energy in any event. We've all been there at some point in the game and it's not a great feeling. Ultimately, not playing the hunt to your full advantage isn't going to do anything in the long run other than set you back.

Now, when an LB is on, I post a message on my wall saying I'm not interested in the LB but I am going to get as many tokens as I can. This way, any of those that are vying for the LB can see where I stand and factor that into their play. Other than that, I ignore it altogether. Playing this way makes it much more enjoyable (and less stressful) for me, personally.

Rhino Keeper
    Do cottages, farmhouses spawn any monsters during Monster Hunt? Any other buildings?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast