Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Andromeda Dragon Tournament 6/4/19

  1. #1
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The name says it all
    Posts
    1,256

    Andromeda Dragon Tournament 6/4/19

    Hello Fellow Caretakers and welcome to a new month and it appears this month's theme is the cosmic universe. For the first tournament of Cosmic June we have Andromeda - a really nice dragon. Win 30 battles and this cosmic creature can be yours! I'll post the battle chart and opponents in a few...

    Andromeda Dragon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andromeda_Epic.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	51989
    Rarity: Super Rare
    Type: Cosmic, Red
    Habitat: Cosmic Expanse, Red Rocks
    Available at: Level 30
    Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
    Selling Price: 100 Coin
    Incubation: 15 hours
    Exp Gained: 780 Exp

    Dragon Battles

    Please note:
    Posting or discussing third party sites is not allowed. This includes third party forum calculators.

    Helpful tips on battling


    Level 32 is the minimum level for Battle Tournaments
    Level 15 is the minimum level for the Battle Arena

    Type advantages
    Enemy Type Use Avoid Using
    Red Yellow, Blue, Stone, Tropic, Champion Green, Dino, Zodiac, Metal, Soccer
    Green Red, Mythic, Dino, Gemstone, Royal, Champion, Soccer Purple, Black, Stone
    Yellow Pink, Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Champion Red, Blue, Gold
    Blue Yellow, Purple, Rainbow, Gemstone, Champion, Metal Red, White, Stone
    Purple Green, Pink, Gold, Zodiac, Royal, Champion Blue, White, Cosmic, Soccer
    White Blue, Purple, Stone, Rainbow, Champion, Egypt, Soccer Black, Mythic, Cosmic, Royal
    Pink Black, Gold, Fairytale, Gemstone, Champion, Soccer Yellow, Purple, Mythic, Royal
    Black Green, White, Cosmic, Rainbow, Royal, Champion, Egypt Yellow, Pink, Fairytale, Gemstone
    Diamond Diamond Gold, Gemstone, Metal
    Mythic White, Pink, Fairytale, Dino, Champion Green, Rainbow, Zodiac, Tropic, Egypt
    Cosmic Purple, White, Champion Yellow, Black, Fairytale, Zodiac
    Gold Yellow, Diamond, Champion, Metal, Soccer Purple, Pink, Rainbow, Royal, Egypt
    Fairytale Black, Cosmic, Zodiac, Royal, Champion, Soccer Pink, Mythic, Rainbow, Tropic
    Stone Green, Blue, Tropic, Royal, Champion, Egypt Red, White, Dino
    Dino Red, Stone, Tropic, Champion Green, Cosmic, Gemstone, Soccer
    Rainbow Mythic, Gold, Fairytale, Champion Blue, White, Black, Tropic, Metal
    Gemstone Diamond, Black, Dino, Champion Green, Blue, Pink, Royal
    Zodiac Red, Mythic, Cosmic, Champion, Metal Yellow, Purple, Fairytale, Soccer
    Tropic Mythic, Fairytale, Rainbow, Champion Red, Stone, Dino
    Royal White, Pink, Gold, Gemstone, Champion Green, Purple, Black, Stone, Fairytale, Egypt
    Ice Age Abominable, Champion Blizzard
    Abominable Blizzard, Champion Ice Age
    Blizzard Ice Age, Champion Abominable
    Champion Type has no effect here Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Pink, Black, Mythic, Cosmic, Gold, Fairytale, Stone, Dino, Rainbow, Gemstone, Zodiac, Tropic, Royal, Ice Age, Abominable, Blizzard, Champion
    Valentine Type has no effect here Type has no effect here
    Metal Red, Diamond, Rainbow Blue, Gold, Zodiac
    Egypt Mythic, Gold, Royal White, Black, Stone
    Soccer Red, Purple Green, White, Pink, Gold, Fairytale
    Olympus Type has no effect here Type has no effect here




    Additional info about champ and dark/corrupt types...
    Enemy Type
    Use
    Avoid using
    Champion The following types are "neutral" to champion types: Diamond, Egypt, Metal, Olympus, Soccer, Valentine

    **Users have reported that low level dragons are sometimes useful against high level champs
    Black, Blue, Champion, Cosmic, Dino, Fairytale, Gemstone, Gold, Green, Mythic, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, Red, Royal, Stone, Tropic, White, Yellow, Zodiac
    Dark (corrupt) Unknown; some have success with champs & white types (Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider dragons that are strong against black types: green, white, cosmic, rainbow, royal, champion, Egypt) Unknown (Corrupt dragons use black "smoke" magic; consider avoiding dragons that are weak against black types: yellow, pink, fairytale, gemstone)




    Notes on new type dragons (something to take in account when choosing your fighters):

    Red Fire Magic: Elemental, Holiday, Dynamite, Map
    Black Smoke Magic: Dark, Spooky
    Pink Sword Magic: Olympus, Fey, Valentine
    Blue Bubble Magic: Arcane, World, Bomb
    Purple Spell Magic: Tarot
    Yellow Tornado Magic: Egypt, Beast
    Green Vine Magic: Soccer, Dino, Food, Flower

    Dragon Opponents

    1. Beacon 3
    2. Diamond 4
    3. Swedish 5
    4. Neo Purple 6
    5. Award 7
    6. Angelfire 8
    7. Immovable 9
    8. Lovers Tree 10
    9. Depths 11
    10. Rogue 12
    11. Gale Spirit 13
    12. Snowfall 14
    13. Mother Earth 15
    14. Neo Valiant 16
    15. Firefly 17
    16. Seahorse 18
    17. Skeletal Knight 19
    18. Swamp 20
    19. Seaqueen 16
    20. Poetry 17
    21. Gilded Knight 17
    22. Jack 17
    23. Flamingo 18
    24. Fortune 18
    25. Night Bloom 18
    26. Cleric 19
    27. Autumn 19
    28. Courier 19
    29. Prize Fighter 20
    30. Andromeda 20
    Last edited by skyharbor602; 06-04-19 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The name says it all
    Posts
    1,256
    My battles so far. I assure you there is no theme going on here, lol.

    Andromeda Tourney
    (Debuts are with asterisk *, losses are in red)

    1. Beacon 3 - *Neo Moon 7 Bb
    2. Diamond 4 - Eclipse 8 bbm
    3. Swedish 5 - Neptune 10 bB
    4. Neo Purple 6 - Neo Meteor 14 mB
    5. Award 7 - Novadream 14 bM
    6. Angelfire 8 - Creator 14 bbm
    7. Immovable 9 - Lonestar 14 B
    8. Lovers Tree 10 - Star Lorikeet 12 M (Protector 12)
    9. Depths 11 - Nightwing 10 B
    10. Rogue 12 - Lonestar 14 bB (Novadream 14, Nightwing 10)
    11. Gale Spirit 13 - Starstruck 10 bM
    12. Snowfall 14 - Jupiter 12 mB
    13. Mother Earth 15 - Protector 12 B
    14. Neo Valiant 16 - Dark 15 Mb (Lonestar 14)
    15. Firefly 17 - Jupiter 12 bB
    16. Seahorse 18 - *Orbit 6 B
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190605-070650.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	51993
    17. Skeletal Knight 19 - Dark 15 bB
    18. Swamp 20 - Neo Meteor 14 Bb
    19. Seaqueen 16 - Creator 14 bM
    20. Poetry 17 - Nightwing 10 B (Nightwing 10)
    21. Gilded Knight 17 - Dark 15 bB
    22. Jack 17 - Starstruck 10 bB
    23. Flamingo 18 - Neptune 10 B
    24. Fortune 18 - Protector 12 B
    25. Night Bloom 18 - Jupiter 12 bB
    26. Cleric 19 - Dark 15 M
    27. Autumn 19 - Neo Meteor 14 B
    28. Courier 19 - Stargazer 12 bB
    29. Prize Fighter 20 - Dark 15 B
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190606-121355.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	51997
    30. Andromeda 20 - Transformation 8 B (Jupiter 12)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190606-141255.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	51998

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190606-141303.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	51999
    Last edited by skyharbor602; 06-06-19 at 02:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    My battles so far. I assure you there is no theme going on here, lol.

    Andromeda Tourney
    (Debuts are with asterisk *, losses are in red)

    1. Beacon 1 - *Neo Moon 7 Bb
    2. Diamond 4 - Eclipse 8 bbm
    3. Swedish 5 - Neptune 10 bB
    4. Neo Purple 6 - Neo Meteor 14 mB
    5. Award 7 - Novadream 14 bM
    6. Angelfire 8 - Creator 14 bbm
    7. Immovable 9 - Lonestar 14 B
    8. Lovers Tree 10 - Star Lorikeet 12 M (Protector 12)
    9. Depths 11 - Nightwing 10 B
    10. Rogue 12 - Lonestar 14 bB (Novadream 14, Nightwing 10)
    Skyharbor602.. It looks like all your dragons you chose, are all trying to "fly high above the sky"...lol

  4. #4
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    721
    I haven't really tried my Nightfire dragon (Royal and Purple) on my older accounts, but she is kicking rear ends and taking names in my baby account. She has been one of my go to dragons. Well, stupid Rogue dragon just took down both my Neo Glasswing and my Neo Valiant, so I was afraid that I would be stuck, but Nightfire took him down handily and went on to take down Gale Spirit after that. Now I have to wait an hour for my next battle. I got through the first 9 rounds with only Neo Glasswing. Maybe I wore him out.

  5. #5
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The name says it all
    Posts
    1,256
    Unlike previous tournaments where I was able to use all heart dragons or single element commons, I have no cosmic dragons that can consistently beat champions yet so I had to substitute Dark on all of those battles.

  6. #6
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    526
    Posting winning dragons. (__ losses)

    1. Beacon 3 - peacock 7
    2. Diamond 4 - diamond 6
    3. Swedish 5 - trouble 8
    4. Neo Purple 6 - peony 10
    5. Award 7 - lightning 10

    6. Angelfire 8 - metal 15
    7. Immovable 9 - fortune teller 14
    8. Lovers Tree 10 - rose quartz 13
    9. Depths 11 - hopeless 14
    10. Rogue 12 - metal 15

    11. Gale Spirit 13 - fortune teller 14
    12. Snowfall 14 - fortune teller 14
    13. Mother Earth 15 - defender 15
    14. Neo Valiant 16 - achilles 15
    15. Firefly 17 - wardrum 15 rollback wardrum 15


    16. Seahorse 18 - wardrum 15
    17. Skeletal Knight 19 - infinity 15 rollback infinity 15
    18. Swamp 20 - defender 15 rollback defender 15
    19. Seaqueen 16 - neo glasswing 15
    20. Poetry 17 - mithril 15

    21. Gilded Knight 17 - diamond 15 rollback diamond 15
    22. Jack 17 - fortune teller 14
    23. Flamingo 18 - moonrise 15 rollback novadream 15
    24. Fortune 18 - neo glasswing 15
    25. Night Bloom 18 - mithril 15

    26. Cleric 19 - mithril 15
    27. Autumn 19 - aquarkinight 15
    28. Courier 19 - fortune teller 14
    29. Prize Fighter 20 - diamond 15
    30. Andromeda 20 - aquarknight 15

    Skyharbor, thanks for starting the thread!
    Last edited by Nuicakes; 06-07-19 at 08:44 PM.
    ~~~~~~
    Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest: Nuicakes
    Playing on an iPad Pro 11" with 4 GB RAM (and 512 GB storage memory).
    I routinely clear my RAM (short term memory) to avoid crashes, rollbacks or problems
    watching videos
    .

  7. #7
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    Posting winning dragons. (__ losses)

    1. Beacon 3 - peacock 7
    2. Diamond 4 - diamond 6
    3. Swedish 5 - trouble 8
    4. Neo Purple 6 - peony 10
    5. Award 7 - lightning 10

    6. Angelfire 8 - metal 15
    This is insane! How can your metal 15 took out angelfire 8 but my metal 15 couldn’t??? It wasn’t even close. There was a huge amount of life left on the enemy dragon. I just don’t understand the machanics behind battling in this game

    Next I threw diamond 15 at it. Failed too. Now I’m throwing level 14 dragons at it. Fail after fail. The frustrating thing is, angelfire is only level 8

    Don’t know what to use next. I’ve only got metal and diamond as level 15. And those failed miserably on this friggen level 8 dragon

  8. #8
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    This is insane! How can your metal 15 took out angelfire 8 but my metal 15 couldn’t??? It wasn’t even close. There was a huge amount of life left on the enemy dragon. I just don’t understand the machanics behind battling in this game

    Next I threw diamond 15 at it. Failed too. Now I’m throwing level 14 dragons at it. Fail after fail. The frustrating thing is, angelfire is only level 8

    Don’t know what to use next. I’ve only got metal and diamond as level 15. And those failed miserably on this friggen level 8 dragon
    Remember that each time you battle, you only have "x" percentage of winning. I can't remember the percentage. Your idol, Skyharbor, can most likely tell you that information. But there is no guarantee that because a particular dragon worked for someone else that it will work for you. I have 3 accounts, and sometimes a dragon that works on one account doesn't work on the other against the same opponent. Sometimes my champions lose against what seem like "basic" colored dragons to me. Level of your dragon is also not a guarantee that it will work against a lower level dragon. Don't worry that you only have 2 level 15 dragons. Very few of my dragons are level 15, and none of my champs are. There is an element of luck that no one can control, so you can do everything right, and it still doesn't guarantee that it will work.

  9. #9
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    This is insane! How can your metal 15 took out angelfire 8 but my metal 15 couldn’t??? It wasn’t even close. There was a huge amount of life left on the enemy dragon. I just don’t understand the machanics behind battling in this game

    Next I threw diamond 15 at it. Failed too. Now I’m throwing level 14 dragons at it. Fail after fail. The frustrating thing is, angelfire is only level 8

    Don’t know what to use next. I’ve only got metal and diamond as level 15. And those failed miserably on this friggen level 8 dragon
    i feel your pain... seriously... you can scroll back to past tournaments and see my rants.

    I'm probably jinxing this but I've used Metal level 15 against the first pure champ for the past few tournies so it's just become a thing for me. In the past I was very successful using Fire level 15.

    Take a look at everyone's results. Is there someone who has similar winning dragons? My winning dragons may work well in my game but some dragons seem to work great for some but not for others. I always pout about the fact that the Dark dragon is fantastic for some people but is really bad in my game.

    If it were me I'd try my high level common dragons or maybe something from dragon tales.
    Last edited by Nuicakes; 06-06-19 at 01:31 PM.
    ~~~~~~
    Dragon Story, Castle Story, Fantasy Forest: Nuicakes
    Playing on an iPad Pro 11" with 4 GB RAM (and 512 GB storage memory).
    I routinely clear my RAM (short term memory) to avoid crashes, rollbacks or problems
    watching videos
    .

  10. #10
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The name says it all
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    This is insane! How can your metal 15 took out angelfire 8 but my metal 15 couldn’t??? It wasn’t even close. There was a huge amount of life left on the enemy dragon. I just don’t understand the machanics behind battling in this game

    Next I threw diamond 15 at it. Failed too. Now I’m throwing level 14 dragons at it. Fail after fail. The frustrating thing is, angelfire is only level 8

    Don’t know what to use next. I’ve only got metal and diamond as level 15. And those failed miserably on this friggen level 8 dragon
    All dragons have a percentage assigned to them against certain opponents. In the case of a level 8 Angelfire, any level Metal has a 45% chance of winning, any Diamond has a 55% chance of winning. What some players in tournaments past failed to realize is there's a chance to lose. In Angelfire's case, the Metal had a 55% chance of losing and Diamond had a 45% chance of losing. This explains why some people can win with certain dragons but others can lose with the same dragon.
    In later battles with champions, the percentage goes down to 10% in most cases, 15% for ADIPS dragons which means the odds are stacked to where there's an 85-90% chance of losing. People have said the tourneys are rigged. I can't agree with certainty to that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •