Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Space Dust Leaderboard - June 4 2019

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The player that bought that pack in my local LB thought he had bought himself an easy second place on the board. I decided to show him otherwise and worked my way up with some finger-crippling work to pass him by 4,000 points, two hours before the end of the LB, even though he tried to save his position by buying the second value pack.

Thing is that I would have let him keep his spot at second place if he had worked his way up. But I decided to show him that money wasn’t everything after he chose to leapfrog all the players on the LB I was in by buying that pack.
    Hello, deadpixel. I'm the player who bought that value pack in your group. You're making a lot of assumptions about what I did and what I thought, all of them wrong. I bought the pack thinking it was a major typo, and envisioned myself calling out S8 for it and requesting a refund. I was stunned when the points showed up. What was I supposed to do then, complain that they had honored the offer? And no, I did not think I had "bought" myself an easy second place on the LB. I'm a lower-level player and not nearly as experienced as most of you on the forum, but I do know to expect the unexpected on leaderboards, and to take nothing for granted. And no, I most definitely did not buy the second value pack. Why would you just assume I had? To make it look like you outwitted some stupid jerk who's throwing money around? I did use a boost, and had scaly pears ready, and big-hour dragons on the roost, the nest, and the evolution chamber. But nope. No second pack. As for trying to save my position, at that point I was trying to save my position only on the Global because, as a lower-level player, I need maps and apples way more than I need another dragon. So as you bask in all the kudos and back-slapping here for your heroic job in "showing me," please realize you did me a huge favor by beating me, and I thank you for the apples and maps. But I don't thank you for spreading unflattering, untrue assumptions about me and my game-play, not only here on the forum but also on others players' walls. Especially when, in a previous post, you expressed remorse at having missed out on the 35k points yourself. So if you would have bought the pack in time, it would have been a perfectly fine game move. The hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness in your post are a bit overwhelming.
    Last edited by lynniefish; 06-11-19 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    That is too funny! The saddest part is that 35,000 doesn?t even get someone in the top 100.
    Someone who bought two was in the top ten

Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post
    Hello, deadpixel. I'm the player who bought that value pack in your group. You're making a lot of assumptions about what I did and what I thought, all of them wrong. I bought the pack thinking it was a major typo, and envisioned myself calling out S8 for it and requesting a refund. I was stunned when the points showed up. What was I supposed to do then, complain that they had honored the offer? And no, I did not think I had "bought" myself an easy second place on the LB. I'm a lower-level player and not nearly as experienced as most of you on the forum, but I do know to expect the unexpected on leaderboards, and to take nothing for granted. And no, I most definitely did not buy the second value pack. Why would you just assume I had? To make it look like you outwitted some stupid jerk who's throwing money around? I did use a boost, and had scaly pears ready, and big-hour dragons on the roost, the nest, and the evolution chamber. But nope. No second pack. As for trying to save my position, at that point I was trying to save my position only on the Global because, as a lower-level player, I need maps and apples way more than I need another dragon. So as you bask in all the kudos and back-slapping here for your heroic job in "showing me," please realize you did me a huge favor by beating me, and I thank you for the apples and maps. But I don't thank you for spreading unflattering, untrue assumptions about me and my game-play, not only here on the forum but also on others players' walls. Especially when, in a previous post, you expressed remorse at having missed out on the 35k points yourself. So if you would have bought the pack in time, it would have been a perfectly fine game move. The hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness in your post are a bit overwhelming.
    Hi Lynniefish,

Firstly, I apologize, unreservedly, for my assumptions that you had thought to have bought yourself an easy second place. I should have contacted you on your quiet wall to better understand your move instead of assuming that you had taken advantage of a programming error.

Secondly, I also apologize for my follow-up assumption that you had made a second value pack purchase. The number of points that your LB score jumped by made it look as if such an action had taken place; I should have made checks before jumping to this conclusion.

It is said that one should not follow-up an apology with an excuse, but your accusation of "hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness" deserves a reply.

My posted "remorse" about missing out on the pack was made in jest. Perhaps you might have seen my other thread about "35,000 LB Points Offered in Value Pack?" There were follow up private messages that I made to S8 staff members concerning this issue. No complaints, but requests to have my posts deleted to prevent unhappiness; I am not allowed to repeat what was said here. BTW, my style of writing is always to make light of bad situations; you'll recognize these by the grinning, winking and tongue-out emojis.

Also, my intention wasn't to make you look like a jerk nor parade my "victory" in front of everyone by dragging you naked through the streets of Rome. Had that been the case, I would have included your island name and even screenshots of the "victory." You may also notice that I did not mention my island name nor mine or your placement on the Global Leader Board, hence not revealing your identity. If you had reached out to me concerning my post in a private message, I would have publicly retracted my post, apologized to you and clarified the mistake; something that I always do when I am wrong, and I don't mean deleting my post to hide the mistake.

I made that post about beating you because of a mistaken assumption that a player had exploited a loophole created by an error left by the developers. Unlike your current assumption that I wanted to "bask in all the kudos and back-slapping" for my "heroic job" in showing you up, I made that post to highlight that it was possible, in the LB, to overtake players who buy themselves large numbers of points to leapfrog others; I guess I made the post sound like a boast in my elated state. But if you would recall the last four hours of the LB, I made the takeover with two hours left on the LB clock, barely overtaking you by a few hundred points, then waited for some time for a response to the challenge before using the boosts I'd already started in the dens and nests to push my score up.

Two LBs ago, another player reached out to me on my wall and we synched our scores for a tie. I apologize for failing to do that with you in my frustrated state. This is a lesson for me and I will not fail to make this offer to future opponents on the LB.

Oh, and as to your question about "complaining that they had honored the offer," my answer is "yes." I'd done something like that in other games though I wouldn't call those complaints, more like carefully worded queries.

Once again, I apologize for shaming you. I have learned from this that I should reach out to players, especially in the craziness of DS' LBs. If we meet again in another LB, I won't make the same mistake again.

DP

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Hi Lynniefish,

Firstly, I apologize, unreservedly, for my assumptions that you had thought to have bought yourself an easy second place. I should have contacted you on your quiet wall to better understand your move instead of assuming that you had taken advantage of a programming error.

Secondly, I also apologize for my follow-up assumption that you had made a second value pack purchase. The number of points that your LB score jumped by made it look as if such an action had taken place; I should have made checks before jumping to this conclusion.

It is said that one should not follow-up an apology with an excuse, but your accusation of "hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness" deserves a reply.

My posted "remorse" about missing out on the pack was made in jest. Perhaps you might have seen my other thread about "35,000 LB Points Offered in Value Pack?" There were follow up private messages that I made to S8 staff members concerning this issue. No complaints, but requests to have my posts deleted to prevent unhappiness; I am not allowed to repeat what was said here. BTW, my style of writing is always to make light of bad situations; you'll recognize these by the grinning, winking and tongue-out emojis.

Also, my intention wasn't to make you look like a jerk nor parade my "victory" in front of everyone by dragging you naked through the streets of Rome. Had that been the case, I would have included your island name and even screenshots of the "victory." You may also notice that I did not mention my island name nor mine or your placement on the Global Leader Board, hence not revealing your identity. If you had reached out to me concerning my post in a private message, I would have publicly retracted my post, apologized to you and clarified the mistake; something that I always do when I am wrong, and I don't mean deleting my post to hide the mistake.

I made that post about beating you because of a mistaken assumption that a player had exploited a loophole created by an error left by the developers. Unlike your current assumption that I wanted to "bask in all the kudos and back-slapping" for my "heroic job" in showing you up, I made that post to highlight that it was possible, in the LB, to overtake players who buy themselves large numbers of points to leapfrog others; I guess I made the post sound like a boast in my elated state. But if you would recall the last four hours of the LB, I made the takeover with two hours left on the LB clock, barely overtaking you by a few hundred points, then waited for some time for a response to the challenge before using the boosts I'd already started in the dens and nests to push my score up.

Two LBs ago, another player reached out to me on my wall and we synched our scores for a tie. I apologize for failing to do that with you in my frustrated state. This is a lesson for me and I will not fail to make this offer to future opponents on the LB.

Oh, and as to your question about "complaining that they had honored the offer," my answer is "yes." I'd done something like that in other games though I wouldn't call those complaints, more like carefully worded queries.

Once again, I apologize for shaming you. I have learned from this that I should reach out to players, especially in the craziness of DS' LBs. If we meet again in another LB, I won't make the same mistake again.

DP
    I don’t know why more players do not sync scores, we see it on GB all the time. It would save a lot of stress and gold etc, and make it more of a community event and not an unfair battle.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    I don’t know why more players do not sync scores, we see it on GB all the time. It would save a lot of stress and gold etc, and make it more of a community event and not an unfair battle.
    I share the same sentiments as you and in past LBs, have made overtures to the others to sync our points. When they do not reply, I'd usually try to sync anyway, but they always just jump ahead minutes or hours later which invariably leads to a free-for-all battle for points.

I should make it clear that I always try to put my island in the top 100 for the food reward so I will usually only make an offer to sync with players who are pushing themselves up there. However, if my food levels are already high enough for the Dragon Tales event, then I'd take on any offer to sync, just to save gold and yes, stress too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123