Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story: Current Bugs and Issues (Thread 2)

Grand Emperor

Bakery Story: Current Bugs and Issues (Thread 2)

If you would like to report a bug or issue, please make sure to include the following:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and its version number (check under settings-device)
    2. Your game version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. A screenshot of the problem if possible/applicable (How To A Post Photo On The Forum)

You can either post in one of the following:
    1. Bakery Story: Current Bugs and Issues thread
    2. existing thread of the same problem
    3. start a new thread

Before you start a new thread, please check to see if there is any existing thread of the same problem as yours to avoid duplicate threads.

iOS General Issues
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.
    For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Android General Issues
    To check your device version - go to Settings, About Phone, Android Version *note - you can check for updates in About Phone, System Updates
    To check game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    Open App Market/Google Play, either go to My Apps, or search game name (or teamlava), click on app, open Description information, on the bottom it will show the current game version

If your Android device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game *note - reinstalled games will need to be moved to the SD card again
    Move game to the SD Card - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Move to SD Card" or "Move to Internal Storage"
    Clear cache - go to Settings, Apps, specific game, click "Clear Cache"
    You can use a task ****er/manager to help free up memory for your device

Kindle General Issues
    To check for your device version - Go to Settings, More, Device, System Version
    To check game version in game:
    Open Amazon Market, search game name (or teamlava), scroll down to see current version

If your Kindle is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    Restart your device
    Delete and reinstall the game
    Go to Settings, More, Applications - find your game, click, clear cache
    If you're not able to get into the game - Go go Settings, Wifi, turn wifi off then back on

Previous thread: Bakery Story: Current Bugs and Issues (Thread 1)

Grand Emperor
    What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (Found in Post #23 in Game Guide)

iOS General Issues
    If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    • Restart your device
    • Delete and reinstall the game
    • Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
    1. Force shut game
    2. Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
    3. Switch off device
    4. Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
    5. Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
    6. Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
    Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
    • Store away some (if not all) animated decorations in your bakery
    • Avoid running other apps in the background
    • Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Restart device and game
    • Storing and retrieving the item or rotating the item
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
    Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
    • If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
    • You can force save your game progress by visiting another bakery.
    • Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.

New Resident
    First, I have already updated, deleted/reinstalled, turned off/on etc.
    Current iOS ( brand new one also)
    iPad mini3
    Current game update
    So- while playing my game starts randomly closing itself. Ever since the last update. To tip all of my neighbors it closes close to every 5 minutes or less. Super frustrating. Please look into this, thank you!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by jennm13 View Post
    First, I have already updated, deleted/reinstalled, turned off/on etc.
    Current iOS ( brand new one also)
    iPad mini3
    Current game update
    So- while playing my game starts randomly closing itself. Ever since the last update. To tip all of my neighbors it closes close to every 5 minutes or less. Super frustrating. Please look into this, thank you!
    What are your device and game versions? Can you try playing the game without other apps running in the background? You may need to check your device further, see section Device Performance issues in Post 2. App crashing usually occurs when the device does not have sufficient resources to run it. The bigger the game board is, the more resources are needed.

P.S. I tested running Bakery on an iPad mini and it's working fine.

New Resident
    iOS 12.3.1
    Game version 1.8.3
    Nothing running in background.
    Plenty of space.
    I have a screen recording I just took showing it crashing in 1min 20sec but I don’t know how to upload it.

Grand Emperor
    I'm playing on the same os and game versions as you, jennm13. No issue on my end, game play as normal, no crashes while in game for hours or visiting fully expanded bakeries. I think you need to check on your end. perhaps you want to check your connection as well as device. Try clearing device cache and see if that helps, or try another network. Hope you can find and fix the issue soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jennm13 View Post
    iOS 12.3.1
    Game version 1.8.3
    Nothing running in background.
    Plenty of space.
    I have a screen recording I just took showing it crashing in 1min 20sec but I don’t know how to upload it.
    I have random crashes while finding things to cook on appliances and scrolling quickly through decorations

New Resident
    Device: Samsung S6
    Android 5.0.2
    Game version 1.6.0.3g

Game keeps crashing too many times. It SPECIFICALLY crashes only when I open a neighbour/ community member's wall. Rest of the game runs fine, but the moment I start typing or scrolling on someone's wall it crashes. The issue persists even when I force stop the game from the app manager and start it up again. There are no apps running in the background as well.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by iodine131 View Post
    Device: Samsung S6
    Android 5.0.2
    Game version 1.6.0.3g

Game keeps crashing too many times. It SPECIFICALLY crashes only when I open a neighbour/ community member's wall. Rest of the game runs fine, but the moment I start typing or scrolling on someone's wall it crashes. The issue persists even when I force stop the game from the app manager and start it up again. There are no apps running in the background as well.
    Does this happen when you post on your own wall? I'm thinking those walls which cause your game to crash may be walls that have tons of posts on it. A wall holds about at least 1 hundred posts if the player does not clean out his wall, so your game crash when it doesn't have sufficient device resources to handle. See section Device Performance Issue under chapter What can I do to try to resolve my game issue? in Game Guide.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Does this happen when you post on your own wall? I'm thinking those walls which cause your game to crash may be walls that have tons of posts on it. A wall holds about at least 1 hundred posts if the player does not clean out his wall, so your game crash when it doesn't have sufficient device resources to handle. See section Device Performance Issue under chapter What can I do to try to resolve my game issue? in Game Guide.
    That makes sense. Its never crashed on my own wall and I clear my wall daily. Will get back to you if the problem persists. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast