Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portal/Codex for BS

I?m not sure. Sounds sort of complicated. There are prizes from previous goals that I?d like to unlock, but doing something more to earn points sounds like it will make the game more time consuming than its already turned into.
    Why not give players the option to trade items between themselves? There could be a portal where players can put items in & others can take an item out that a nbr agreed to trade for. S8 could charge a nominal fee for access..nothing too extravagant as a lot of players don?t have a lot of gems & cant afford to buy them. Plus I think more players would buy if the fee were maybe 10 gems per transaction. 10 for the seller and 10 for the buyer. Any player can show what they have by displaying in a corner of their stor, or nbrs can say, I?m looking for Fountain, or a holiday decor.
    Player can display what they have.
    I just don?t want to do a lot more cooking or saving to earn points plus try to keep up with goals.
    Would also be awesome if players could exchange decor from one game to another. Say bs & rs can trade or sell decor from either.l

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by enveeme2 View Post
    I?m not sure. Sounds sort of complicated. There are prizes from previous goals that I?d like to unlock, but doing something more to earn points sounds like it will make the game more time consuming than its already turned into.
    Why not give players the option to trade items between themselves? There could be a portal where players can put items in & others can take an item out that a nbr agreed to trade for. S8 could charge a nominal fee for access..nothing too extravagant as a lot of players don?t have a lot of gems & cant afford to buy them. Plus I think more players would buy if the fee were maybe 10 gems per transaction. 10 for the seller and 10 for the buyer. Any player can show what they have by displaying in a corner of their stor, or nbrs can say, I?m looking for Fountain, or a holiday decor.
    I just don?t want to do a lot more cooking or saving to earn points plus try to keep up with goals.
    Would also be awesome if players could exchange decor from one game to another. Say bs & rs can trade or sell decor from either.l
    I like this idea as well - any trading system is good in my books

The reason why my initial post was based around the premise of trading our own items within our own games and not direct trading with neighbors was mainly from a programming standpoint. Over the years, the main framework of the game hasn't really upgraded a lot (or at all) so for them to implement a system that would work like trading in FS2 would require a LOT of time and effort on the team's part to add the new system and update the framework to support it. And that's not even getting into all of the possible/likely issues we'd see with trying to get this new system to work within the a framework that's old and already starting to see issues with basic functions (like no notifications, videos not playing, etc.).

The self-trading system, is very like the Portal/Codex system they've already set up in Dragon Story. Since DS's initial framework was sort of similar and hasn't been changed entirely since release (though it has been updated more than BS) it makes it a better comparison to BS/RS; the games are different while still having a lot of similarities in the way the systems work, I think.

Farm Story 2/Bakery Story 2, however, are obviously run on a very, very different base system - very little in those games can be directly compared to BS/RS. Things that are possible in those games won't ever be possible in BS/RS without taking the games offline to basically change the game foundations entirely. I think it's much more likely that if we were to ever get a trading system, it would be one that requires as little extra work for the team, has been proved to work already and will cause the least amount of bugs when integrated into the game's current system.

My overall point, however, is that trading seems like the natural next step in the game regardless of which version they choose to use or how they choose to add it into our games. ANY trading would be a great improvement over nothing at all!

Account suspended
    Will I still be able to get my account back after being suspended? Made a report about an accidental purchase but they suspended the acct right away. I just ignored the purchase and just informed support that the activity was just an error. Can somebody pls help me. I can't access my acct anymore. I miss playing restaurant and bakery story.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by enveeme2 View Post
    I completely agree!

I really want my Candy Robot over on my DeadlyFangs bakery. I would at least like to exchange between 2 bakeries - I would only do it once, however. Not between neighbours, as this is the only item I want, as the other items I want, can eventually be gotten via box/ or sale. The Candy Robot cannot be gotten that way. Or gotten at all.

But I would pay good money just to even get my Candy Robot transferred. As I believe 98% that it never will be re-released again. Due to it being apart of a promotion. When promotional items are done, the likelyhood of the same item returning - are slim to none.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5929819-8223-447D-A7A7-EA0D50F762A6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	55160

I would at LEAST pay over 30 dollars (and more) if that meant I could get my Candy Robot over there. He would look so much better over there, in my snowy ville bakery, as it looks so much better over there than on my kappy bakery. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84F14CD5-A3E5-4F32-9AAC-FB2FB54B8313.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	55159

I would be so happy if it were to happen, though I unfortunately don't see it ever happening, unfortunately

So I'll just admire it displayed in my kappy333 bakery
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

New Resident
    I love this idea.
    Trading for points would be great for crate and larger locked items.
    I also think that trading players for parts would be great! If you?re concerned about it happening during goals.... then it could only be available after a goal is complete. I have so many extras in my inventory from old goals where I got too many of a part and someone else could probably use them.

You could also bring back old ovens or recipes. Once we reach 4, we have nothing to shoot for by cooking that recipe. Or maybe increase the 4 to 8. That gives us another way to earn gems. I?ve lost several neighbors who have gotten bored with the game. We need incentives, plus fix the crashing. A few updates would be great and so would being able to get ovens that are locked. I?d buy gems if I could open up locked stuff.

Farm Supplier
    I think the points system, while powerful, does require the development of the exchange itself and seems a little complicated. I would suggest instead the ability to browse inventories of other players, only being able to see items they designate as being willing to barter. This would incentivize visiting lots of restaurants, increasing user engagement. You select the item you want from their designated inventory, make them an offer, and wait up to 7 days for a reply. After 7 days, barter requests go away. So it's all person to person, with no larger points system.

I definitely would like to be able to trade/gift items on BS & RS. My daughter plays and & I would like to give her some items she likes that I do not use anymore. Of course it would be fun to be able to do with other neighbors too!!

HERE, HERE!!!!!!! I?VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! I actually haven?t been able to play (ANY) 😢😔😩 of my S8 Games (on ANY devices) for a really long time, plus-like katequilter53 says, we?re loosing friends & neighbors ?...bcuz they?ve gotten bored with the game.? I know I had; or was gonna, the way things were going. Freezing, crashing, no updates, losing items (bcuz of lack of updates...!) I have actually had this happen to almost all of my favorite games, now! Well, at least the ONLINE games... They should at least allow us all to be able to buy decorations for our bakery (slash-whatever we have... store, rest?t, etc.) & even decorate OFFLINE, if they?re not gonna update it anymore! Or make them COMPLETELY OFFLINE! I?m just saying, tho.

U know, back when the game was popular... Everyone was happy to visit/make new neighbors! U could get ideas, see some really creative fun stuff...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast