Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portal/Codex for BS

Nightclub Owner

Portal/Codex for BS

I've been thinking a lot lately on the current state of the game. Many long time players are leaving, unhappy with the lack of content other than goals which they're not happy with either. This made me wonder what the game could offer players that wouldn't require more daily work from the already bogged down team. This is what I landed on: A Trading Portal for Bakery items!

It would be great if BS and RS could have an Exchange Shop or something along those lines. I'm thinking of the Dragon Story Codex and Portal where players can trade a duplicate dragon for Essence then turn around and use those Essence to craft a dragon they need. In BS and RS, we could trade our duplicate crate items for some sort of currency - for the purpose of this post we'll call them Points.

Over the years, I've amassed so many duplicate decos that a large majority of them never see the light of day, forever relegated to my storage. I know I'm not alone in this and it's a discouraging factor when considering a Mystery Crate purchase. If we had a way to use these unwanted duplicates, I think players would be more apt to make more Mystery Crate purchases. I know I would!

If I knew I could trade my duplicates in for Points that could then be used to craft an item I had no luck in winning... I'd tap a box every time I had the gems to spare. This would also be a great way for S8 to offer locked goal items to players who originally missed the goal or bring back Holiday LTOs or even offer exclusive prizes from other S8 games in BS.

When trading Crate items: the 4th Prizes could offer 10 Points, the 3rd Prizes 20 Points, the 2nd Prizes 30 Points and the 1st Prizes 50 Points. Then, we could craft any Mystery Crate item we wanted with the accumulated Points.

Again, the amount of points needed would be dependent on how rare the prize was to begin with; the 4th Prizes requiring the least points (maybe 25 or so) to craft and the 1st Prizes costing the most, like 100 Points. For locked goal items: the tables, chairs and counters would require the least points to craft, the ovens and recipes a bit more, the coin decos would cost even more and the gem items would - of course - require the most Points to craft.

Naturally these trades wouldn't be instant, each trade would require a few hours as they do in DS. The lowest trade could take 3 hours and the time would increase by 3 hours with each level, ending with the highest trade taking 12 hours. And perhaps we could win Points when completing goals as well. Once the Exchange is established in the game the possible applications would be limited only by the teams imagination.

There are many various ways this Point scale could be set up to offer players long term enjoyment and continued interest in the game. I can't see that anyone would lose out with this system. S8 would get more gem purchases and renewed player interest. Players would have the ability to earn long wanted items and have something other than goals to focus their time and effort on.

This could really work to help revitalize the game, I think. And after the initial set up, it would require little attention from the team long term so they could keep focusing on new goals and crates as they are now.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 05-28-19 at 07:33 PM.

Fashion Designer
    This could be a good idea. Would very much depend on how it was implemented. They tend to make things more expensive than necessary so you would have to turn in too many items just to get one. If they did that many would not be happy. Plus Bakery always gets the short end of the stick on new updates. As if it is the unwanted step child. I would love to see updates implemented equally between the two games, rather than the obvious favoritism towards restaurant.

Anyway, if this could be expanded to other items too that would be great. Over the years We have been forced to buy so many items because events required it that I now own 4 chairs, and 4 tables of various designs that I never wanted. As well as various “any decor item” that I still do not want. I would love to have a way to get rid of them other than selling them for pennies on the dollar. If they could get rid of this forced buy feature in events that would be nice too.

I would imagine getting rid of these forced purchases would help them as well. They keep removing items to (I assume) relieve storage space in their system. And yet because we have been forced to buy stuff we would not normally have bought on our own they are having to store additional data because of it. Would be a win for both sides if we were not forced to buy 4 specific tables, chairs or “any decor item” when there is not anything we want so just buy something to complete the event.

What many of us would love to see is a way to keep the items list from popping back to the first item when decorating with items that are no longer available. It makes redecorating take 5 times longer than it should. I have other games that have done it so I know it’s possible.
    Otherwise a new tab just for holiday items would help. And/or a separate tab just for dividers would also be helpful. When you use dividers you tend to use many to create a wall and boy is it a pain to keep getting put back to the first item in the list 20-30 times just to make a wall.
    or a tab just for items that are no longer available would even help. Many different solutions to the same problem.

Just making the games more user friendly and adding new decor items would make many happier. When there is no new content, just repeats of the same old stuff we get bored. I will not even mention adding double tap to spend gems feature that we have begged for, since I know it won’t happen. I play other games that have added a double tap and people freely buy gems because they know they will not accidentally lose them. What a concept.
    Last edited by Lueann; 12-15-19 at 09:31 AM. Reason: System turned all quotes and apostrophes into ?

Rhino Keeper
    I think the idea is awesome. I just started playing about a year ago and there are so many past items that I would love to have. This of course wouldn’t be quite so necessary if the caliber of gifts were equal to those given in the past. In the two Christmases I’ve played BS I’ve only had goals that were winter not Holiday. I have had to spend so much money on crates to get decent Christmas decor. The decor offered to RS is so much better. So to have the ability to purchase (swap, trade or whatever would be so nice. I understand there are only so many ideas for Christmas, but the last two goals back to back offered blue theme winter decor with Christmas trees and or gifts. Why couldn’t they make goal items from RS available to BS and BS to RS as well?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    This could be a good idea. Would very much depend on how it was implemented. They tend to make things more expensive than necessary so you would have to turn in too many items just to get one. If they did that many would not be happy. Plus Bakery always gets the short end of the stick on new updates. As if it is the unwanted step child. I would love to see updates implemented equally between the two games, rather than the obvious favoritism towards restaurant.

Anyway, if this could be expanded to other items too that would be great. Over the years We have been forced to buy so many items because events required it that I now own 4 chairs, and 4 tables of various designs that I never wanted. As well as various ?any decor item? that I still do not want. I would love to have a way to get rid of them other than selling them for pennies on the dollar. If they could get rid of this forced buy feature in events that would be nice too.

I would imagine getting rid of these forced purchases would help them as well. They keep removing items to (I assume) relieve storage space in their system. And yet because we have been forced to buy stuff we would not normally have bought on our own they are having to store additional data because of it. Would be a win for both sides if we were not forced to buy 4 specific tables, chairs or ?any decor item? when there is not anything we want so just buy something to complete the event.

What many of us would love to see is a way to keep the items list from popping back to the first item when decorating with items that are no longer available. It makes redecorating take 5 times longer than it should. I have other games that have done it so I know it?s possible.
    Otherwise a new tab just for holiday items would help. And/or a separate tab just for dividers would also be helpful. When you use dividers you tend to use many to create a wall and boy is it a pain to keep getting put back to the first item in the list 20-30 times just to make a wall.
    or a tab just for items that are no longer available would even help. Many different solutions to the same problem.

Just making the games more user friendly and adding new decor items would make many happier. When there is no new content, just repeats of the same old stuff we get bored. I will not even mention adding double tap to spend gems feature that we have begged for, since I know it won?t happen. I play other games that have added a double tap and people freely buy gems because they know they will not accidentally lose them. What a concept.
    I definitely agree. In my opinion, I think they need to lower the need to buy things for goals.

4 tables/4 chairs, just between them it costs up to at least 100.000k, or if they're going to make us buy things just to get to a different part of the goal, they at least need to lower the pricing to it. As to be honest, most of the things that I have to buy for the goal, I will sell/ or just never use.

And to even sell the tables/chairs that cost about 14,000, will only get you 1,400 back.

However I disagree (respectfully) with the favouritism with Restaurant to a certain extent. I think Bakery Story is favoured more in terms of new boxes/crates (restaurant has only gotten 1 box this past year, whereas bakery has at least gotten over 5+) while some of the goal items in Restaurant Story is better, I just think they're falling flat on Bakery Story with goal items, compared to Restaurant Story, but in my opinion, I don't think it's because of favouritism. I think it's just the lack of trying, and I definitely feel like they could have potential to make Bakery Story the best/or the same level as Restaurant Story, in terms of good/great goal designs.
    Last edited by kappy333; 12-17-19 at 06:52 PM.

Great idea! I've been thinking about the same thing!

I would love to be able to unlock items from missed goals. Is there a way now to do that?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiabassets View Post
    I would love to be able to unlock items from missed goals. Is there a way now to do that?
    As of right now, no - you have to unlock the items while the goal is active or they remain locked indefinitely. The only current exceptions are if the goal item is relisted in a sale or in a 5 Day Goal.

This is such a great idea! I’ve wished for a long time that we could trade items with other players, but I love your idea. Listen up, Storm8!

Executive Chef
    I would even be willing to sell excess event decos or items for Zero (like DS does), just to clear my inventory. And making the Sort tabs work should be a high priority too.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

I also have wondered if we could trade items and share food with our neighbors..so we don’t have so much inventory that we aren’t using. Also, I think it would be easier to gift if all the “basic” were together, instead of having to scroll through all of them to get to the basic parts, like a little menu bar that you click on to select categories, it’s time consuming enough to get through all our neighbors, and for those like me who’s reset time is Midnight PST, it’s a struggle to stay awake, if I wait until morning, everyone is maxed.
    These are just a few ideas I wanted to share..

TY

CHICKENnWAFFLES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast