• I had trouble spawning fangbeasts

93 51.67%
  • I wasn't able to get 3 magic mushies daily

108 60.00%
  • I got Portia Bella

135 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/23: A Sporadic Occurrence event | goals and inventory info on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I suspect the S8 coders must loathe Castle Story. It must be a nightmare to work on. It's old code, so will have been security patched umpteen times. It was never written to last this long, it was designed to be a story with an end. Then someone invented the short term goal, so now it goes on an on forever. If they run the same timed goal code, the players complain it's the same as X goal. But if they write and add new code, it's so complex and fiddly now they're almost guaranteed to break something either in that code or some other part of the game.

Add to that the artists must love it because it gives them a chance to be completely free in their creativity ( mushroom people? Weird fantasy animals? Any culture you care to appropriate...) and the shareholders must love it because it's one of their biggest earners, and the poor coders are stuck trying to squish the bugs while always being expected to produce something new. And the players love it and grumble at every new bug, but the coders have to keep churning out new timed goals without getting any time to fix old ones. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack over this latest fiasco.

I really feel for them. Maybe it's time to retire CS, finish the story and send our team on a new quest in a new game (with new, clean code). CS could be left as a legacy game for people to play through to complete the story, build a departure point and gather resources for the quest. You could even make it so the kingdom could send resources to the new quest, so all those hours and dollars spent would still give an advantage to long time players, who could continue to use CS for that, and maybe 4 seasonal goals a year, just for those still playing. Lots of opportunity, and new, fresh, written from scratch code.

I open CS and I think of the coders version of 99 bottles.... 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the codd, take one down, fix it around, 106 little bugs in the code!
    I would be surprised if Castle Story isnt an object oriented programming code(OOP) which doesnt have the problems truly "old" code does. OOP is relativly easy to change graphics & reuse, hence the format where the events are repeats. So its NOT a "nightmare". Properly written OOP doesnt affect other parts (i.e. main storyline). IMO yes they were rushed a bit (upcoming holiday), someone didnt pay attention, the mushroom gift generator included a finished L6 fortress by mistake......the rest is our current history.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impylou (Queen Impylou on CS, Lil Sof on DS), aaerie.
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx!
    Also have a non playing Level 6 acct just for sending out reqs: BigNutKracker (BNK).
    I rarely post on walls, will post on mine when taking a break

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyperidot View Post
    I?d gladly give it to you if I could. For some reason S8 has never added a trade with neighbors type of feature.
    POTP. I got Trumpet this morning and Truffle with no problem. Not trying for turtle. Good luck everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Yes. I love when they do that. I have my three whacking each other. I might bring the Troll with the umbrella into the fray at some point. Probably should throw them all into the Jousting arena and let them have a go at each other!

Attachment 51984
    I put mine with my Gentleman Troll so they can whack on stuff together like he?s training his little protege. Now I?m off to my inventory to find something for them to whack. Hmm... Where did I put that Baron scarecrow?
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Fashion Designer
    Truffle also drops glimmerdust. Still waiting on lantern....
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impylou (Queen Impylou on CS, Lil Sof on DS), aaerie.
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx!
    Also have a non playing Level 6 acct just for sending out reqs: BigNutKracker (BNK).
    I rarely post on walls, will post on mine when taking a break

Executive Chef
    I haven't gotten any midnight goals since yesterday so I can't try for Chanterelle now, I looked at the first page and I don't see anything on the 2 goals being removed completely.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

New Resident
    Help! Portia Bella disappeared when I tried to place her in my kingdom. She is not in my inventory / decorations.
    I tried to close the game and open it again, but she is still missing...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    I haven't gotten any midnight goals since yesterday so I can't try for Chanterelle now, I looked at the first page and I don't see anything on the 2 goals being removed completely.
    They haven't been removed. I just completed the neighbour daily goal. I doubt I'll waste time trying to spawn 2 fangbeasts since they're about as scarce as hens' teeth in my kingdom these days. I just upgraded my building to level 5 in hopes of getting more crowns. With only three days to go I have only managed to acquire about 500+ mushroom crowns. Since I'm this close I'll try to upgrade the silly building all the way even though it's headed for storage anyway. Smh.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda_81 View Post
    Help! Portia Bella disappeared when I tried to place her in my kingdom. She is not in my inventory / decorations.
    I tried to close the game and open it again, but she is still missing...
    This right here is frightening. I hope she's in there or on your board hiding somewhere and that you'll find her after sending out a proper and thorough search party. Otherwise you'll have to go through the hell that is sending a Support ticket.

Rhino Keeper
    Thurston gave me three mushrooms a short while ago. Didn?t get any more kids but I have plenty. I also finished my last blanket thing so did the final upgrade and got Portia Bella, who is sticking around.

The kids are all down by the river looking for mushrooms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67B1D273-D289-482F-9664-4A7CA82E6A80.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	51985

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspernme1 View Post
    Under the impression from page 1, if you get the 4 kids you would automatically get Truffle. Got the 4 kids and no Truffle. Looked in inventory and no Truffle.
    Try restarting. I got the 4th kid and it went into storage, leaving Truffle trying to be placed. I placed him and went into inventory for the 4th kid.

Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast