• I had trouble spawning fangbeasts

93 51.67%
  • I wasn't able to get 3 magic mushies daily

108 60.00%
  • I got Portia Bella

135 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/23: A Sporadic Occurrence event | goals and inventory info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KadeeDid View Post
    S8 removed the third due to issues people had. It had been the most reliable for me. 
    Aha. That explains it. I must have missed that part, thank you!
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I suspect the S8 coders must loathe Castle Story. It must be a nightmare to work on. It's old code, so will have been security patched umpteen times. It was never written to last this long, it was designed to be a story with an end. Then someone invented the short term goal, so now it goes on an on forever. If they run the same timed goal code, the players complain it's the same as X goal. But if they write and add new code, it's so complex and fiddly now they're almost guaranteed to break something either in that code or some other part of the game.

Add to that the artists must love it because it gives them a chance to be completely free in their creativity ( mushroom people? Weird fantasy animals? Any culture you care to appropriate...) and the shareholders must love it because it's one of their biggest earners, and the poor coders are stuck trying to squish the bugs while always being expected to produce something new. And the players love it and grumble at every new bug, but the coders have to keep churning out new timed goals without getting any time to fix old ones. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack over this latest fiasco.

I really feel for them. Maybe it's time to retire CS, finish the story and send our team on a new quest in a new game (with new, clean code). CS could be left as a legacy game for people to play through to complete the story, build a departure point and gather resources for the quest. You could even make it so the kingdom could send resources to the new quest, so all those hours and dollars spent would still give an advantage to long time players, who could continue to use CS for that, and maybe 4 seasonal goals a year, just for those still playing. Lots of opportunity, and new, fresh, written from scratch code.

I open CS and I think of the coders version of 99 bottles.... 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the codd, take one down, fix it around, 106 little bugs in the code!
    Yes, I’ve thought that a lot over the years based on posts I’ve read from folks who do this kind of thing. Sometimes I think it’s a wonder the game still runs at all. I wouldn’t mind a reboot. It was the story that I was enjoying anyway. You know, back when content updates were monthly and we had time to do goals... Anyway, we do this for fun, don’t we? It is a game after all.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Executive Chef
    All finished.

Love that Portia has great drops.
    Wish she was bigger tho - she should be the same size as Aetas and Darling Damsel.

The Mushroom Fortress looks great!
    Hopefully drops will improve post event.

Love the Mushroom Turtle.
    Good luck to everyone still trying to find one.
    I think drop rate would’ve been <3% - which is too rare Storm8.

I was also very lucky to get all Fungi Five.
    (with no double ups!)
    I don’t like their design/animation tho - doesn’t quite fit - so they’ll all end up in storage.
    (except Enoki - he is hanging in Ivy’s Garden dreaming off into the stars)
    Wish they had been designed more like Porcini from The Toadlettes event.

Executive Chef
    I finally gave up on getting the turtle haven?t been keeping count but my guess at least 40 adventures and countless gems and gold spent trying to get the five blue mushrooms required.

I tried the power of the post but still no Turtle. Chanterelle is the only one I only have one of I have at least two of the other kids so I guess that?s where my luck is. I like Enoki the best:-) she reminds me of Gemma or whatever the girl knights name is without the stupid hand in front of her face; I like how she looks like she?s contemplating life

Executive Chef
    The fangbeast has always been an issue with pretty much everyone because it is a super rare spawn when it’s needed which is the ONLY reason Storm8 decided to double the rewards for it. People will buy or use the traps they got from extremely rare quest drops.

If the next event that starts on D Day is this glitchy it may just be the end for me. Maybe it’s the coding folks that are dooming this game from what the other poster said. They do rework tons of things. The mushrooms are really cute and creative. I do wish they would at least finish the story. It’s kind of implied that Greselda knows the truth that the ruler is the heir and the Baron kidnapped her and put her in this distant land.

I suspect the S8 coders must loathe Castle Story. It must be a nightmare to work on. It's old code, so will have been security patched umpteen times. It was never written to last this long, it was designed to be a story with an end. Then someone invented the short term goal, so now it goes on an on forever. If they run the same timed goal code, the players complain it's the same as X goal. But if they write and add new code, it's so complex and fiddly now they're almost guaranteed to break something either in that code or some other part of the game.

Add to that the artists must love it because it gives them a chance to be completely free in their creativity ( mushroom people? Weird fantasy animals? Any culture you care to appropriate...) and the shareholders must love it because it's one of their biggest earners, and the poor coders are stuck trying to squish the bugs while always being expected to produce something new. And the players love it and grumble at every new bug, but the coders have to keep churning out new timed goals without getting any time to fix old ones. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack over this latest fiasco.
    I really feel for them.

➡️Maybe it's time to retire CS, finish the story and send our team on a new quest in a new game (with new, clean code). CS could be left as a legacy game for people to play through to complete the story, build a departure point and gather resources for the quest. You could even make it so the kingdom could send resources to the new quest, so all those hours and dollars spent would still give an advantage to long time players, who could continue to use CS for that, and maybe 4 seasonal goals a year, just for those still playing. Lots of opportunity, and new, fresh, written from scratch code.

I open CS and I think of the coders version of 99 bottles.... 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the codd, take one down, fix it around, 106 little bugs in the code!
    Hey, S8! Great idea here⬆️. Can you think about this?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so i have little Crimino. i rotated him. the piece of wood (or whatever is in his hand) changes hands when you rotate him
    Yes. I love when they do that. I have my three whacking each other. I might bring the Troll with the umbrella into the fray at some point. Probably should throw them all into the Jousting arena and let them have a go at each other!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CEC21171-C934-4648-938C-CDB19970AAFA.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	51984

Executive Chef

I really feel for them. Maybe it's time to retire CS, finish the story and send our team on a new quest in a new game (with new, clean code). CS could be left as a legacy game for people to play through to complete the story, build a departure point and gather resources for the quest. You could even make it so the kingdom could send resources to the new quest, so all those hours and dollars spent would still give an advantage to long time players, who could continue to use CS for that, and maybe 4 seasonal goals a year, just for those still playing. Lots of opportunity, and new, fresh, written from scratch code.

I would be surprised if Castle Story isnt an object oriented programming code(OOP) which doesnt have the problems truly "old" code does. OOP is relativly easy to change graphics & reuse, hence the format where the events are repeats. So its NOT a "nightmare". Properly written OOP doesnt affect other parts (i.e. main storyline). IMO yes they were rushed a bit (upcoming holiday), someone didnt pay attention, the mushroom gift generator included a finished L6 fortress by mistake......the rest is our current history.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyperidot View Post
    I?d gladly give it to you if I could. For some reason S8 has never added a trade with neighbors type of feature.
    POTP. I got Trumpet this morning and Truffle with no problem. Not trying for turtle. Good luck everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Yes. I love when they do that. I have my three whacking each other. I might bring the Troll with the umbrella into the fray at some point. Probably should throw them all into the Jousting arena and let them have a go at each other!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CEC21171-C934-4648-938C-CDB19970AAFA.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	51984
    I put mine with my Gentleman Troll so they can whack on stuff together like he?s training his little protege. Now I?m off to my inventory to find something for them to whack. Hmm... Where did I put that Baron scarecrow?