• I had trouble spawning fangbeasts

93 51.67%
  • I wasn't able to get 3 magic mushies daily

108 60.00%
  • I got Portia Bella

135 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/23: A Sporadic Occurrence event | goals and inventory info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Disappointed with size & look of Level 6 building. I had the kids arranged around it, now they cant be seen. It may go in storage if all it gives is coins.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by topmom952 View Post
    Me too, trumpet is the only one I still need.
    I?d gladly give it to you if I could. For some reason S8 has never added a trade with neighbors type of feature.

Fashion Designer
    Just a POTP for remaining three of the fungi five. Thank you forum.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 04966 View Post
    Hey thanks! ��

200 is a lot of energy to burn through with no monsters. That sounds so frustrating!! I sure hope the endangered species status of fangbeasts is lifted for you asap!!!
    Finally got my second fangbeast and mushroom gave me the final kid I needed so now I have truffle!!!! Woo hoo!!!! No turtle, but likening my deco kids and truffle

Host(ess)
    I have been going to the mushroom groves as often as I can get the mushrooms and still no turtles. I have been doing it since the quest unlocked. Am I just horribly unlucky?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 4taz View Post
    I have been going to the mushroom groves as often as I can get the mushrooms and still no turtles. I have been doing it since the quest unlocked. Am I just horribly unlucky?
    Yes, it is pretty rare drop. But there is hope - turle is possible ( I've got 3) - sorry, I know this is unfair.

This event is full of glitches. Fulfilling the tasks only because of Portabella who has the drops of an Alicorn. Trollcamp doesn't give the textile every drop, and the collecting time is uncomfortably long. Speeding up its collection time requires too many gems. As the result of setting timer for max trollcamp collecting i got bad migrains because my sleep rhythm is destroyed. Seriously, IMHO would be better no event at all than such a glitchy and hardly doable event. At least I could do the Hidden Forest Part 3. So frustrated.

Executive Chef
    And the past few events the drops havent been as listed! I got Truffle, and all I get are mushrooms, with an iron here & there. Yet that is listed as part of 4 standard drops, and I've collected more than 4 times. Better if they say "chance of....." if the Wisp/Lantern drops are going to be rare. I'd rather S8 be honest, instead of our being disappointed.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    No turtle for me as well. I have everything except that. We do have a few more days to get it. Hopefully we get some luck.

Rhino Keeper
    I suspect the S8 coders must loathe Castle Story. It must be a nightmare to work on. It's old code, so will have been security patched umpteen times. It was never written to last this long, it was designed to be a story with an end. Then someone invented the short term goal, so now it goes on an on forever. If they run the same timed goal code, the players complain it's the same as X goal. But if they write and add new code, it's so complex and fiddly now they're almost guaranteed to break something either in that code or some other part of the game.

Add to that the artists must love it because it gives them a chance to be completely free in their creativity ( mushroom people? Weird fantasy animals? Any culture you care to appropriate...) and the shareholders must love it because it's one of their biggest earners, and the poor coders are stuck trying to squish the bugs while always being expected to produce something new. And the players love it and grumble at every new bug, but the coders have to keep churning out new timed goals without getting any time to fix old ones. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack over this latest fiasco.

I really feel for them. Maybe it's time to retire CS, finish the story and send our team on a new quest in a new game (with new, clean code). CS could be left as a legacy game for people to play through to complete the story, build a departure point and gather resources for the quest. You could even make it so the kingdom could send resources to the new quest, so all those hours and dollars spent would still give an advantage to long time players, who could continue to use CS for that, and maybe 4 seasonal goals a year, just for those still playing. Lots of opportunity, and new, fresh, written from scratch code.

I open CS and I think of the coders version of 99 bottles.... 99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the codd, take one down, fix it around, 106 little bugs in the code!