Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: GOAL: Bee Time! - 2019 May 21 (15 Days)

Executive Chef
    I'm still on the last recipe, hope I can finish in time.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    Have these goals become harder to reach? I haven't done too many, but I recall the ones I've done before were easier. I'll have to spend gems to finish.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Have these goals become harder to reach? I haven't done too many, but I recall the ones I've done before were easier. I'll have to spend gems to finish.
    They have most assuredly become harder over the last month or so since they've increased the amount of recipes required. Even after they started this whole collectibles nonsense for the goals I would finish with at least 5 days to spare. Now, I'm finishing with mere hours to spare.

If I wasn't such a completionist I'd stop playing after unlocking the goals but I think we both know that's not my style, lol.

Farm Supplier
    I think they're ramped up the difficulty a little, but I can still finish both main & side goals with 2-3 days to spare. I'm LVL 99 though, and have 20 ovens going at any given time plus 275 neighbours, many of whom are active and respond within half a day to goal part requests.
    The trick is to keep up a semi-regular drumbeat of neighbour invites to keep at least 30 daily active neighbours, and max out your oven count.
    I also don't always do side goals - it's OK to pass on the ones that don't give you very cute/desirable rewards. If I do that I usually finish goals with at least 4-5 days left.

Executive Chef
    I won’t be finishing this goal, it’s a shame I love the final prize but I refuse to spend gems again to finish. If you’re not glued to your device you have no hope of finishing these goals since they increased the amount of times you need to bake each dish.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Nightclub Owner
    Well, I finished this one on Monday, a whole day before the goal finished. That's good, I guess. However, all these close calls have been making me wonder if it's time to change my playing style - the one I've had since I started playing.

On one hand: I know that goals would be easier if I built more goal ovens. On the other hand: it chafes against my sensibilities to build more than three ovens. I've always built 3 of each oven, from the very beginning of the BS limited time goals. After years of playing like this, in my mind it just seems ridiculous for me to have to build a bunch of ovens to finish a goal only to turn around and sell the surplus ovens at the end of two weeks. Seems like such a waste to me.

But taking into account how difficult these new requirements are making goals, I'm left vacillating between playing efficiently or playing easily. I'll have to spend this next day (before the new goal starts) weighing out whether it's more important for me to be frugal in my playing or if it's more important that I finish the goals even earlier.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Well, I finished this one on Monday, a whole day before the goal finished. That's good, I guess. However, all these close calls have been making me wonder if it's time to change my playing style - the one I've had since I started playing.

On one hand: I know that goals would be easier if I built more goal ovens. On the other hand: it chafes against my sensibilities to build more than three ovens. I've always built 3 of each oven, from the very beginning of the BS limited time goals. After years of playing like this, in my mind it just seems ridiculous for me to have to build a bunch of ovens to finish a goal only to turn around and sell the surplus ovens at the end of two weeks. Seems like such a waste to me.

But taking into account how difficult these new requirements are making goals, I'm left vacillating between playing efficiently or playing easily. I'll have to spend this next day (before the new goal starts) weighing out whether it's more important for me to be frugal in my playing or if it's more important that I finish the goals even earlier.
    Yes, changing how you’ve played from the beginning isn’t an easy thing to do. I think if you have the ability to build more ovens then that’s the way you should go, if I could build more ovens I would but I keep a very small neighbour list so it’s slow going for me to collect all the parts I need. If I had more neighbours who consistently played goals and accepted requests I’d just build more ovens and then store them once done (I don’t think I could sell them incase they’re needed for some future side goal etc, so they can just sit as they are).

Completing goals early is nice because it allows you to return to regular game play for a while so you don’t always feel like you’re in the midst of a goal, which gets a little tiresome after a while in my opinion. It’s nice to just bake at leisure, complete some unfinished recipes or redecorate without the hassle of goals. It also allows you to take a break from constantly checking into your game if you so wish. I always check in to accept requests no matter what but I don’t have to hang around in the game if my goals are done.

As it is I just go from one goal set to the next. I no longer always complete the goals and I’ve decided to not use gems to finish if possible. I have a few neighbours who I noticed no longer do the goals, they still send goal parts but just want basic parts in return. Goals are becoming a pain for some players when really they should be enjoyable, they shouldn’t be taking over from regular play though. I still enjoy the goals but like you I need to try figure something out because my current state of playing isn’t working anymore.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloDeLuca View Post
    So we have sticky cake forever? I think I we have now. because goal is gone and recipe still there???
    Attachment 51995
    It's likely seeing as the other recipes they've added to basic appliances for goals these last few months have remained in BS and RS. Though, it's equally likely that it will be removed at some time in the future with little to no notice as has happened to items recently. *shrugs* It's pretty much an even toss up at this point, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I finished this goal but the goal prize is still locked for me. Can anyone help? 😩

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieJo84 View Post
    I finished this goal but the goal prize is still locked for me. Can anyone help? ��
    Try closing your game and restarting it - if you finished the goal it should be unlocked; it might just be a sync issue.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789