Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Monile Dragon : Battle Tournament May 10 2019

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    The fact that baby dragons work for some people on the "difficult" dragons just speaks to how broken the code is with respect to tournaments. That should not be the case. I've tried that technique when having trouble and it has never worked for me over the years.

The math has always shown the tournaments to be broken. Always has and always will. People who have worked hard to upgrade a versatile crop of arena dragons should not be subjected to this kind of garbage. Tournaments shouldn't be a cake walk, but if you have an elite fighting squad, you should be able to reap those benefits instead of getting *****ed.
    I see your frustration point. But if you look at it from the view point of new players, how will they ever have a chance at these tournaments if they’re required to have an “elite fighting squad” which would take months, if not years to build

I’ve been playing this game for only couple months I think, or maybe 3 months. Can’t remember exactly haha. I’m level 100. This is my first tournament that I’m attempting to get to the end. I have 90% doubt I can do it . As for my *elite fighting squad* I’ve only got Huntress 14 and Neo Diamond 14. The rest are babies level 4 mostly ��

So then am I supposed to sit and twiddle my thumbs for months and years while building up an “elite fighting squad” and can’t participate in tournaments? There has got to be a balance so both new and old players can play the tournaments and nobody has to sit out. Just saying..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    I see your frustration point. But if you look at it from the view point of new players, how will they ever have a chance at these tournaments if they’re required to have an “elite fighting squad” which would take months, if not years to build

I’ve been playing this game for only couple months I think, or maybe 3 months. Can’t remember exactly haha. I’m level 100. This is my first tournament that I’m attempting to get to the end. I have 90% doubt I can do it . As for my *elite fighting squad* I’ve only got Huntress 14 and Neo Diamond 14. The rest are babies level 4 mostly ��

So then am I supposed to sit and twiddle my thumbs for months and years while building up an “elite fighting squad” and can’t participate in tournaments? There has got to be a balance so both new and old players can play the tournaments and nobody has to sit out. Just saying..
    My guess is that baby dragons being able to win against large odds is specifically designed for lower level players. That was a poor choice of words on my part in saying that should not be the case. The real frustration is that I'd have better odds at winning the lottery than having the loss streaks I've had in tournaments using the best dragons possible against the "problem" dragons. That's not an exaggeration.

It's probably not even worth bringing it up any more though. It's been going on for years. It's designed to nickel and dime gold from players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    Omg I just ****ed Prize Fighter 19 with my baby Crusader 3

This makes me think... should I not evolve some of my dragons and just keep them in baby form forever? What dragons is everyone keeping as babies for battle purposes? I need ideas which dragons please

I was waiting for evo temple to free up to put crusader in. But after failing on prize fighter for like 4-5 times, I just thought to chuck baby crusader in there. Omg didn’t think he could do it but he did!
    In most cases, all dragons have a 10% chance of beating high level champions except ADIPS dragons (Achilles, Diamond, Infinity, Passion and Soccer) which all have a 15% shot. Your level 3 Crusader was one of the lucky 10% and I congratulate you but I warn you it's not of the normal. Fact is a level 1 Coral can beat a level 20 champion on any given day. But, with that, I wish you the best of luck in finishing the tournament and good job in thinking outside the box in choosing your level 3 Crusader against Prize Fighter. As I always suggest to others, thinking outside the box works sometimes.

Finally beat Prize Fighter after like 87 defeats with a level 6 Quetzal.

Banned
    For those who are at lower levels in the game (maybe 32-100), it is not impossible to win tournaments. Once upon a time I was at a lower level and didn't have the exotic ADIPS dragons (didn't have a Diamond Dragon until I was at level 123 or so) but with patience and keeping a notebook of winning dragons did I finally get the hang of these things. As I stated before, you don't necessarily have to have ADIPS dragons to win hard battles because all dragons have 10% odds to beat any champion dragon in the game. It is very conceivable that a level 1 Fruitful can beat a level 20 Guardian Angel. Yes it's frustrating to find that one dragon but it's very possible to find it. Try not to give up and use your ultimate as a last resort.
    For all other dragons in a tourney, remember, the color chart on page 1 can be your best friend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    Hi Skyharbor, glad you checked in on us.
    I play on an iPod Touch iOS device and will clear the cache and/or reboot to help when I can't beat a particular dragon. Nuicakes is on an IPad so she might have some insight as well.
    In my mind, it certainly can't hurt! Great suggestion, thanks!
    P.S. Check out Paulsonsplace post results. They have a Diamond raised up to 15 now that battled rounds 1-14. The remaining battles were won with lower level dragons of all sorts.
    Very interesting & impressive. Possibly a kindred spirit to our master dragon slayer? I mean Peridot L-6 was a force!
    I think Paulsonsplace is a kindered spirit. I like their style.

I completely neglected the tourney yesterday so had to play catch up for the last nine battles today. Except for Prize Fighter and Odyssey, my Glasswing steamrolled over her opponents; Shaman defeated Odyssey and Passion took out the Prize Fighter.

Here's the 15-hour egg in the nest:

I think I'll put some effort into raising this on as high as possible.

Executive Chef
    I just used Needle to finish off Monile.

Yes, the tournaments have been easier on my brand new account, so I think they do somehow manipulate the odds to help us when we are brand new. But I already see it getting harder with my Neo Glasswing and Neo Valiant having lost some of there rounds. Just reached level 42, so it must be around level 40 that the odds get more evened out. I started this account in April and, I kid you not, I got through the 100 rounds to get Furylord with only about 5 losses the whole month and easily won the tournament before this one, too. Now I expect it will be more difficult going forward.

Farm Supplier
    Never got a video to use for this tournament at all

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    1) Cornucopia 3 - Luna L-10
    Arcane/pink, Bb
    2) Shooting Star 4 - Confectionery 10 Gift/wht, mMm
    3) Villainess 5 - Hypernova L10, Cosmic/purp/Blue bB
    4) Dizzy 6 - Banshee L10 Blu/white - B
    5) Cherry Blossom 7 -
    Rhondite L 11 Grn/Blk/Pink mM

6) AMAZON 8 - Neo Air 14 Yellow B (lost to Argentina 14 Blu/Yell)
    7 )Sweetie 9 - Rose Quartz 14
    Gem & Pink / B
    8)Aqua Fyre 10 - Tourmaline 13 gem/pink/grn Bm
    9)Spirit Crystal 11 - Neo Tinsel
    14; gift/metal/yellow mM
    10) THE DARK ONE 12 -
    Glasswing 14, Champ/rainbow bB

11) Shoreline 13 - Music 13, Bb
    12) Snowdrop 14 - Fungi 14 B
    Red/wht/blue
    13) Earth 15 - Vietnamese 14 bB
    world/green/blue
    14) ROSE KNIGHT 16 -
    Achilles 13 Mb Olympus/Diamond
    15) Camelot 17 - Merfolk 13 mM
    Tropic/pink/white

16) Sunstone 18 - Mexican 12 Bb
    World/pink/black
    17) CENTURIAN 19 - Neo Diam 15
    (Lost Fire 15; Passion 14-2x, Achilles, Neo Diamond)
    18) Lacewing 20- Girlpower 14 bB
    Passion, pink, blk
    19) Raindance 16 - Tribal 13 Mm
    Champ/yellow
    20) Crown Jewel 17 - Achilles 13, bB
    Olympus/Diamond - finally!
    lost -Glasswing 14 champ/rainbow 2x Crusader- Diamond/Red; Neo Unicorn L10, Achilles 13 took 2 tries.

21) CLERIC 17 - Mithril 14 bB
    Champ/metal
    22) Opal 17 - Vietnamese 14 bB
    World/green/blue
    23) Fir 18 - Fungi 14 wht/red/Blu bBb
    LOST - Ifrit 13 mythic/blue/red
    Defender 15, fairytale/champ/red
    24) Franken 18-Shaman 15 Bb champ
    lost - tourmaline 13 Gem/pink/green
    25) Sailor 18 - Hyacinth 14 bBm
    Flower/blue/purple

26) PRIZE FIGHTER 19-Passion bB
    Lost - 11 dragons
    27) Noble Prince 19 - Mithril 14 bBm
    Champ/metal
    28) Clownfish 19 -Dread Captn. 15
    3 loses including Dread C. 1st time
    29)Odyssey 20-Anubis 14 Diam/purp
    Lost- Nova Dream 14; Shaman 15
    30) Monile 20 - Nova Dream 14 bM
    Arcane/cosmic/green -
    Lost -Star lorikeet- cosmic/white/blue

Got a little dicey towards the end, but managed to finish.
    Thanks everyone for posting, encouragement & recommendations.
    I got ahead of myself & used Nova Dream for Odyssey & he almost won!
    TY Nuicakes, after the spa, he proved to be a perfect choice against Monile.
    Good luck to those still in it!
    Good day could some please explain the above for me please thanks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast