Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spring Sprouts Leaderboard May 10 2019

Banned
    The players who have found loopholes have me aggravated . I also think if they can get multiples what else can they be doing that's not quite right. If they want to spend hundreds of dollars to get those scores is not the issue here because despite the money they are still getting additional bonuses from those dragons and whatever else.

I have 13 GPD I can buy the treasure dragon but waiting to build up gold for that. But I cannot get 2 more to 16 because they are retired. So those multiples would be a help to me, plus they wouldn't lessen my gold amount. So that adds to the unfairness of the situation, if you ask me....

What I haven't read here at all and what is more disturbing is S8 knows about these players and as far as I can tell, has done NOTHING!!!! Those players still have the dragons, they have not been banned, nothing...crazy LBs continue. I think we should be more upset with S8 's silence on this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiesonsters View Post
    I guess the point is I do spend hundreds so I expect the same rules apply for all, and its hundreds they are not having to spend (like buying the 4000 gold producing dragons), if its a 1 limit per account dragon then its that way for a reason and I abide by the rules and do not go against the TOS to take advantage of a loophole that has just not been found how to fix yet. easy fix get rid of the LB then they wont have anyone to disadvantage and they can go on there merry ways with as many dragons as they like in their island, its what we dont see that Im more worried about as if you know how to do this what else are they getting away with?
    I found Sophie's post ...farse2 which has conveniently been closed which complains that nothing has been done by S8 about the multiple dragons... so my prior post is not correct about noone talking bout S8 not doing something.

But by S8 closing that it effectively shuts down discussion there... I love the S8 reply too.... the dragons have nothing to do with LB...and they are a separate investigation!! Okay, investigate how those players can do that so you can close the loophole. But how much does S8 need to investigate to close down those islands??

Executive Chef
    If players can hack their accounts to get multiple limited dragons, they can hack their accounts to do anything. Once it's hacked, they can manipulate it to do other things that give them advantages in getting LB points.

Also the fact that some players have made efforts to hide their multiple dragons proves that they know that they are doing something wrong.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    If players can hack their accounts to get multiple limited dragons, they can hack their accounts to do anything. Once it's hacked, they can manipulate it to do other things that give them advantages in getting LB points.

Also the fact that some players have made efforts to hide their multiple dragons proves that they know that they are doing something wrong.
    Yep, they are rogue and those who believe they are spending big money are sadly naive.
    Kudos to well meaning players exposing the problem & stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post

We want to tread cautiously here because exploiting a loophole isn’t the same as hacking.

Let’s say (just as an example) that we accidentally found that putting a limited dragon into the stable and force-restarting the game, suddenly allows you to buy/craft another of that dragon. If you get rid of that dragon and report the exploit, that closes the loophole. But if you quietly keep the dragon, then you have exploited the loophole, even if you do not continue to do it. This goes even for simple actions like quietly buying dragons that have been accidentally priced at zero gold/coins or purchasing large amounts of gold marked at prices you know should not be possible.

But, if you deliberately root or jailbreak your devices to make changes to the stored data or application (some likelihood), or if you snuck into their servers (quite unlikely) to manipulate your stored data, that would be hacking and is illegal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    We want to tread cautiously here because exploiting a loophole isn?t the same as hacking.

But, if you deliberately root or jailbreak your devices to make changes to the stored data or application (some likelihood), or if you snuck into their servers (quite unlikely) to manipulate your stored data, that would be hacking and is illegal.
    Depends on the game’s TOS. Since we’re not allowed to name names here, I can’t give you names of games where it is clearly stated in their TOS that exploiting a loophole or glitches = *****ing and gets you instant ban.

Games that allow loophole/glitches exploitation, they KNOW which accounts do it but choose to do nothing for a reason, even when the owners of the accounts admit they exploit, nothing happens to them. Then, it’s up to our own moral compass to exploit or not to exploit

It’s like you see a wallet on the ground. You pick it up and it has lots of money in it. Do you keep quiet and keep the money, or do you try to find the owner and return it to him?
    Last edited by cosmolife; 05-11-19 at 05:00 PM.

Everyone hopes for a level playing field, but there will always be some who find ways to get an advantage. In the case of some of these players, the advantage they have is in having multiples of a limited-to-one GPD, particularly the one that is crafted with Adventure Tickets. But what I'm pointing out is that if you do the math, you'd realize that they still have to spend a huge amount of money, probably far more than you and I would be willing to and for what? And there is evidence that they spend money and time building up their scores because several of them were angrily pointing out that one player was making impossible leaps points.

But with the disaster in the GLB gang last week, it remains to be seen whether they'll band together and attempt a synchronized first placing again. It doesn't pay to spend a couple of hundreds just to get bumped off by one self-serving joker LOL
    Most of the smart regular top20 of the Global Leaderboard have gone to ground there running scared they dont want anyone to see there multiples and they certainly dont want any new screenshots and reports sent to storm8 now that more people are aware what to look for, even though weve been onto them for months and already have plenty of screenshots etc  nice try losers. totally respect your personal point of view and I respectfully disagree that exploiting a loophole is not against the TOS. They wanna call me the GOOD COP well im proud to wear that badge and they can talk about me all they want on their walls! anyone that wants to message me please feel free to always happy to chat about this or any other issue, more people standing together will be much more successful in being heard and until this practice stops we need to continue to stand up.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LOVELY DRAGONSTORY MUMMAS OUT THERE TO

Let’s talk about how this issue could be resolved an easy way in my mind if storm8 can’t figure out how to shut down the loophole to stop the multiples of 1 limit dragons occurring in my mind the simplest resolution is to NOT HAVE 1per account limit dragons, let everyone craft 5,6,7 gold horizons if they want, let me buy another dark mountain if I want why keep it as a 1 limit dragon. Problem solver here not problem maker.

You?re frustrated, I understand that.

What I?m gathering, from sifting through your post, is that you are saying that having multiples of those limited-to-one dragons is giving these players an unfair advantage over us mere mortals in the LLB and GLB? Considering that they are limited to eight Treasure Terraces like everyone else, I really don?t see the tremendous advantage that they are supposed to have. I don?t see the relation between them having these dragons and the way they work at building up their score.
    And yes, I am aware that the player I mentioned has multiples of the Limited-to-one dragons. But I don?t see the relation between that and her high scores.
    From what I can see, if it is the same player, she has 5 gold horizon that are supposed to be limited to one per player and 12 gold habitats, four of them she has tried to hide. The advantage is the extra gold she can generate every day that legitimate players don?t get. She obviously spends a lot of real money too. She is not on the GB at this time.
    Last edited by cherrycastleorchard; 05-12-19 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Repeated words

Banned
    I say the way to shut all of this down is to discontinue Leaderboards altogether but it would cut a major revenue source from S8. After all, I used to call Leaderboards, "************s" or "Storm8 fundraisers".

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast