Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SALE: Darling Doorbuster 2019 Sale

Grand Emperor
    Ok I bought the Magnetic Mesa and was trying to decide where it fits in my forest....

I don't have a Space Quad for my Space creatures. I like the design of the Space Quad set from Storm8 but I didn't buy them cos they have gaps between them unfortunately. Suprisingly the Magnetic Mesa fitted nicely with my space habitats. Not perfect but not too bad for a DIY I think. Now I have my own Space Quad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	51855

I love sales and will usually splurge during one, but I've resolved not to spend another red cent in FFS until its future becomes clearer or at least unstuck from the tar pit it seems to have fallen into.

Executive Chef
    This week's theme is the Harry Potter/magic themed animals and habitats. Not my interest. I was really looking forward to scooping up another 80 gem habitat, but these are all 160 and then upgradeable for 100 more gems to hold 5 animals instead of 4. I don't really like the looks of The Ptich and Bygone Alley, but Sorcerer's School is kind of cool.

Airy Otter never goes on sale any cheaper than this, I don't think, and is never breedable, so if this is one you've been wanting, this is the time to get it. I don't believe that Red Weasely and Wise Eagle are breedable, either, but I think I have seen Wise Eagle on sale for less than the current asking price of 180 gems. I could be wrong, though.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    This week's theme is the Harry Potter/magic themed animals and habitats. Not my interest. I was really looking forward to scooping up another 80 gem habitat, but these are all 160 and then upgradeable for 100 more gems to hold 5 animals instead of 4. I don't really like the looks of The Ptich and Bygone Alley, but Sorcerer's School is kind of cool.

Airy Otter never goes on sale any cheaper than this, I don't think, and is never breedable, so if this is one you've been wanting, this is the time to get it. I don't believe that Red Weasely and Wise Eagle are breedable, either, but I think I have seen Wise Eagle on sale for less than the current asking price of 180 gems. I could be wrong, though.
    Aye, me too, I was looking forward to the 80 gem habitats, mildly disappointed, but I'm glad others can enjoy this sale cos the prices for these items are the lowest I've seen so far.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    Ok I bought the Magnetic Mesa and was trying to decide where it fits in my forest....

I don't have a Space Quad for my Space creatures. I like the design of the Space Quad set from Storm8 but I didn't buy them cos they have gaps between them unfortunately. Suprisingly the Magnetic Mesa fitted nicely with my space habitats. Not perfect but not too bad for a DIY I think. Now I have my own Space Quad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	51855
    Looks good! In December we had a trio instead of a quad, but I put another Christmas habitat in there, and it fit right in, too. Sometimes we just have to be creative.

Executive Chef
    This week the Fountain of Youth (FOY) habitats are on sale for 160 gems. Couple things about this: I wish that they were still selling habitats for 80 gems. Anything over 150 isn't really much of a deal in my opinion. I know that these habitats are typically 400 gems, which is ludicrous, so it's a bargain in that sense. These habitats only hold 4 animals and are not upgradeable. Second, why didn't they ever create FOY habitats for *all* the elements?? Another half-you-know-what job on S8 behalf. I would love to have ones for lightning, dark, and crystal animals. I have these on my older accounts. I will probably pick up a Foreverland for my baby account because it holds water, leaf, *and* fire.

Animals on sale are Rocking Horse (270 gems), Storking (75 gems - very tempting!), and Icegator (210) gems - I don't think I have an Icegator on any of my accounts yet, but I'm also not sure I want to spend approx $7 US on one. Storking *might* be breedable and was on sale a few months ago for 100 gems, so this is a good bargain, but I would breed for it first. Rocking Horse has *never* been breedable. He was on sale more cheaply a few months ago, so this isn't the best price. Icegator *might* be breedable, and he usually sells for more gems than this, so this is a bargain for him. The only connection I see between them is that they are winter/holiday animals I guess? (Rocking Horse is a popular children's gift at Christmas.)

Funny thing is that when I started this new account, my whole plan was to not focus on the animals that are always in the market and breedable, but to make this account about everything *new* going forward, and now there is not much new coming out, and it is so tempting to buy these older animals at good prices.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Looks good! In December we had a trio instead of a quad, but I put another Christmas habitat in there, and it fit right in, too. Sometimes we just have to be creative.
    Oh I love to see what you did with them. Feel free to post in the Christmas Habitats thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...stmas-Habitats

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast