Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story game down

Quote Originally Posted by sophiesonsters View Post
    I only have 1 account don't know if it makes a difference but I'm in Australia last time I could log on was 3am it's now 2.45pm here and still not allowing me access and I have also tried on multiple devices. I have already completed this weeks event yesterday so not to worried about not getting through that but the bingo is now worry some as other players now have a 12hr advantage or who knows how long it?s going to take to get back in 
    How old is your DS account? I'm curious because players with new accounts are getting into their Storm8 games without issues, whereas the long-time players all seem to be locked out.

I have no issues getting into CS, even though I have a level-50 (the maximum level) game because my CS account is relatively new, perhaps only two, or at most three, years old. Over on DS and FFS, all my accounts that have been around since the release of those games cannot connect to play; however, my baby accounts of one to two years have no issues.

This difference in our login success is leading me to believe that perhaps Storm8 is hosting our account data on different servers and that it is not the game server that is down but maybe the server hosting all the older accounts. I hope they have a complete backup of our game data though that may not be likely if this was an unexpected crash ゞ◎Д◎ヾ

Rhino Keeper
    I too am in Australia. I got locked out at about 9am - it’s now 3.45pm. I’m worried about getting to end of tournament and end of Community Event. The latter was ready for harvest/hatching/and evolution at 9am so I’ve missed out on heaps of points. I’m wondering if they will give us extra time - of course I know that would be a NO from past experience. But perhaps they will credit us with the points we would have got if server wasn’t down. Another example warning us not to spend gold to hurry up events in early stages of game. On this occasion especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I too am in Australia. I got locked out at about 9am - it’s now 3.45pm. I’m worried about getting to end of tournament and end of Community Event. The latter was ready for harvest/hatching/and evolution at 9am so I’ve missed out on heaps of points. I’m wondering if they will give us extra time - of course I know that would be a NO from past experience. But perhaps they will credit us with the points we would have got if server wasn’t down. Another example warning us not to spend gold to hurry up events in early stages of game. On this occasion especially.
    I have now created a ticket with storm8 letting them know my issue with opening/loading the game one can only hope it’s fixed quickly as yes many points, food collecting etc is being lost not to mention all the players still trying to complete this weeks events I feel for you

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    How old is your DS account? I'm curious because players with new accounts are getting into their Storm8 games without issues, whereas the long-time players all seem to be locked out.

I have no issues getting into CS, even though I have a level-50 (the maximum level) game because my CS account is relatively new, perhaps only two, or at most three, years old. Over on DS and FFS, all my accounts that have been around since the release of those games cannot connect to play; however, my baby accounts of one to two years have no issues.

This difference in our login success is leading me to believe that perhaps Storm8 is hosting our account data on different servers and that it is not the game server that is down but maybe the server hosting all the older accounts. I hope they have a complete backup of our game data though that may not be likely if this was an unexpected crash ゞ◎Д◎ヾ
    My account is at least 6-7yrs old, I’ve had a few times before this happen but it’s only lasted say an hour or so never this long which is a worry. Hopefully is sorted soon would hate to loose out on the bingo as I can’t get in when I’ve tried so hard to get to 1st

Same issue here
    My account is also several years old
    Same issue with Castle Story

Quote Originally Posted by sophiesonsters View Post
    I have now created a ticket with storm8 letting them know my issue with opening/loading the game one can only hope it’s fixed quickly as yes many points, food collecting etc is being lost not to mention all the players still trying to complete this weeks events I feel for you
    You mentioned that you'd completed the tasks for this event. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that all your game data, right up to the completion of this event, was properly saved on the server and that a full backup was successfully done. Otherwise... o(^_-)O

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    You mentioned that you'd completed the tasks for this event. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that all your game data, right up to the completion of this event, was properly saved on the server and that a full backup was successfully done. Otherwise... o(^_-)O
    Yes have completed the spring winds events milestones and got the tournament dragon thankfully I finished all of that yesterday morning so was just concentrating on the bingo play, I really hope it is all saved and not lost as that would be a disaster really don’t even want to think about the what if’s omg

Hmm... My baby accounts for DS have suddenly decided to go on strike too

Oops, sorry, I'm using the wrong device

The baby accounts are still getting in without issues
    Last edited by deadpixel; 05-07-19 at 12:26 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Still no access to Dragon Story - about 8 hour lockout now
    Oddly I just tried Castle and Fantasy Forest - neither of which I’ve even opened for at least 2 years - straight in with no problem!
    Of course after such a long absence I have no idea what’s going on in either of them and I am so over Storm8 that I can not be bothered even trying.

If we don’t get back into DS in next couple of hours there is little hope that I can finish current events. Very frustrating - especially the tournament as I have only got as far as I have by using alarm to wake up hourly during the night.

Downtime Notifications

Would it be possible for a Storm8 staff member to put up notifications in this (and other Storm8 game forums), whenever there are any severe downtimes like the one we are experiencing now?

Let us know:
    1. That Storm8 is sorry this has happened
    2. That Storm8 has people working 24/7 to fix it
    3. What happened (it is okay to use vague generalities)
    4. An estimate of when we might get back to our addictions
    5. That our game accounts are still intact
    6. That the event schedule might be adjusted to compensate for the downtime
    7. That Storm8 will compensate players in some way

# 6 and 7 are optional but are excellent ways to appease angry customers

# 4 is essential so that customers don't keep getting disappointed and angry when they try and fail time and again

I really hope that someone takes this suggestion seriously

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast