Thread: New Phone = New account or old account?

New Phone = New account or old account?

I upgraded my phone today and I am in the unique position of being able to start up a new Storm8 account.

Currently, I am level 200 on the old one and maxed out on space with no room to grow. I did grab the Marble Key Dragon and the MK habitat but even that will be slow when I need 50 keys just to expand one spot.

I am wondering if I should create a new ID for the new account or migrate my old account over to the new phone? If I knew how, I would have created a poll!!

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    You can have both.

If you want you can create a name/password for the new account and then login with your old one. You can switch whichever you want with the login feature.

that is an awesome idea! I will do that after I think of a new ID. Thanks

Executive Chef
    so my husband plays on his ipad. i play on my phone. of course playing on his ipad would be easier (bigger screen & all).
    1) could we do that? both just log in & out as needed?
    2) if i wanted to play on my phone (because i'm going to be out and about somewhere without wifi), how do i make sure i pick up where i left off?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so my husband plays on his ipad. i play on my phone. of course playing on his ipad would be easier (bigger screen & all).
    2) if i wanted to play on my phone (because i'm going to be out and about somewhere without wifi), how do i make sure i pick up where i left off?
    Yes, you could do that. Your device will pickup after your last online save even if you switch devices. If you want to guarantee that you're saving your game state, visit a neighbor before you close the app. It forces server ping. If you can load your neighbor, your game is saved.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    I have a few islands and play them all on the same device. The ones I play less just keep jugging along when they are not active (ie - the 8 hour Eliteleeks are done in 8 hours whether or not I've logged on).

I say keep both accounts - the older one is fun because you can do so much but the newer ones are fun because you are building again and can do things differently.

Fun story, one of my new accounts already has a Peacock (didn't get it on my old one until after level 100) and a Left Heart dragon (never got it on my old account). So things are definitely different.