Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 4/18 - The Perfect Mantistorm event | goal and inventory on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    i am still a "lower level" queendom-so easier goals. i'm at level 38. i have several dailies energy sources (which i have been tracking for a bit to get an idea). i need more of the red clay, but that at least i have found drops at a rate of 2 per small rock pile. so that's like 45% ish. but at least for that i can go and buy and chop when i can. but the cottages -i can collect from and not get anything. at least with the static skunks, the farmhouses have short timers.
    After trying out 10 to 20 of each type of rock, I concluded that they eventually all drop an average of between 6 to 10 Red Bricks every 20 chops, and so I just stuck to breakdown Rock Outcroppings. Maybe luck was with me, but I did manage to get a Gold Nugget once every 6 - 8 Rock Outcroppings I cleared.

As for the Cottages, I only have 16 of them, so I have them all out to maximize my chances of encountering the Cyclonicians and also make the best of their long recycle time. I find it more "profitable" to wait 4 hours for 16 Cottages to recover than 4 hours for a handful of 3 to 4 Cottages.

BTW, I didn't notice anyone else doing it, so let me be the first to praise the S8 graphic artists and animators for the fantastic work they did on the Cyclonicians

I really love the way the look and move and the tiny cyclones they throw out when they attack.

Keep up the fine work

Executive Chef
    I love the rewards for this event, they look fantastic but the energy needed to complete this is ludicrous. The lightening bricks... ugh. Unless you’ve got money to burn or are retired or don’t need to sleep you’re not finishing this event. We don’t all have hundreds of energy sources. I spend plenty of money across the board on all the S8 games I play, this Spring sale cleaned me out so I do more than my share of supporting this company but I draw the line at having to use gems to complete EVERY event. Once in a while I don’t mind gemming it here or there. These energy guzzling tasks are so disappointing. Do better S8.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Executive Chef
    My first collection were 1) coins only 2) coins & Hairpin of Duchess. I hadn't done the"petting both mantistorms" part. So maybe that final step Must be done to get the good drops!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    My first collection were 1) coins only 2) coins & Hairpin of Duchess. I hadn't done the"petting both mantistorms" part. So maybe that final step Must be done to get the good drops!
    my stormmill has mostly just dropped coins..sometimes flour ( level 7)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    The pop up definitely said they would be available in the market (see post #4) and an S8 person did come here early on (post #45) and said they weren't ready yet. There would have been no reason for them to do that if we were only expected do to get them via spawning.
    The banner said they would "be available during the event" and "would drop the items shown" which are event items only. I think they meant, here are some excited NEW monsters we haven't seen before, not pets that would drop stuff.....

but who knows, with "the baby is happy to see his Mama" and "it's a Male Storm Manticorn" and "pet her to see what she drops" I think S8 is fairly confused right now hahaha
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-26-19 at 02:40 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubs08 View Post
    After evaluation of what I need for the sail and that I will still need 27 bricks to finish, I think I'm stopping this event to work on my open story lines. Sorry S8, just too energy zapping and time consuming for me to accomplish!
    Still need about 24 bricks and I just decided to quit. With 3 days left to play (due to real life) I doubt I'll make it. I could use up all my stored energy (crates and crafts), but then I still might not make it. No use stressing out over this.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    The pop up definitely said they would be available in the market (see post #4) and an S8 person did come here early on (post #45) and said they weren't ready yet. There would have been no reason for them to do that if we were only expected do to get them via spawning.
    I too have been wondering where they are,and you are right....it says" new and exciting electric animals are available in the MARKET for a limited time only". The 2 animals we get are rewards and were not in market soooo ???

Executive Chef
    What's Hairpin of Duchess?. My first collection was coins only (I am maxed on flour)

Fashion Designer
    The banner said they would "be available during the event" and "would drop the items shown" which are event items only. I think they meant, here are some excited NEW monsters we haven't seen before, not pets that would drop stuff.....
    Not wanting to keep this going but I am very literal with language and the banner said "available in the market" . The words Market and Event are very different in terms of setting our expectations !