Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Spring Sale!! April 11 2019

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The information available seems to indicate that the maximum number of Marble Keys the Dark Mountain can produce is three, even at level-15; this is similar to the food, bomb and dynamite producers. IMHO, three Marble Keys a day is pretty good, a far cry from the one per day that we get from the Spell Shop, and it produces the keys regardless of whether or not we remember to craft them or if some other craft is going on in the shop
    Oh, okay, fine, you convinced me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    Is the marble key dragon worth getting? I?m not up to the part where expansions need marble keys yet, but I?ve heard horror stories that it takes 60 days for an expansion. Yikes

Currently my expansion takes 3 days to gather all parts needed. But if later on down the road, marble keys become important and the only blocking obstacle to expand, then should I buy the marble key dragon now and start saving up marble keys now?
    I was going to say yes, it is worth getting. But I guess it depends on what your other priorities are for how to spend your money. If you have the money, then get it. I guess it's possible that they could release another marble key producer or put this one on sale before you get to the point where you need them, but who knows, and by then you would have lost out on all the ones you could have crafted in the first place.

Executive Chef
    I bought a Treasure Dragon instead of the Gold Lion. I never got one before and it doesn?t seem to ever go on sale. LOL! My rational is I already had an empty TT habitat and if I?m going to spend 2000 I?d rather have a dragon that can produce 5/day at level 10 than have one that has to be at level 15 to produce 5/day. I got the Marble Key habitat. I?m waiting for a nest to clear so that I can get the dragon. I would get more than one like others have stated if only S8 would allow it.

I also picked up 2 Shaded Glens as it will house my black color dragons and blue if needed instead of the Black Sands Oasis. I have the space and I get to house 6 dragons with 15,600 coin cap for a total of 200 instead of 4 dragons with 10,000 coin cap for 225.
    Last edited by Carbuck; 04-19-19 at 10:51 PM.

I am extremely disappointed and very angry over how expensive the new gold dragons are. THe new gold dragons a few years back used to be only 400 gold when they were released on sale. If I had known they would be such an insulting rip off these days I would have bought as many as I could back then. I deeply regret that and will never have a chance to make up for that since they’re no longer for sale....Please make the gold giving dragons cheaper. Everything is so crazy expensive as it is....but 4,000 gold regular price for a gold dragon is just ridiculous and putting it on sale for only 2,000 gold is extremely unfair. I am not made of money. Wish I was. But I can’t afford that.

Rhino Keeper
    Omg how long is the sale for?? Didn’t it just start yesterday? I just got a popup in my game that it’s the last call for the sale! What the heck. Feeling stressed haha

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    Omg how long is the sale for?? Didn’t it just start yesterday? I just got a popup in my game that it’s the last call for the sale! What the heck. Feeling stressed haha
    Serious panic here, I need to free up some nests!! Hopefully somebody can give us a time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    Serious panic here, I need to free up some nests!! Hopefully, somebody can give us a time frame.
    I think it ends on Tuesday, 23 April.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AraRaider View Post
    I am extremely disappointed and very angry over how expensive the new gold dragons are. THe new gold dragons a few years back used to be only 400 gold when they were released on sale. If I had known they would be such an insulting rip off these days I would have bought as many as I could back then. I deeply regret that and will never have a chance to make up for that since they’re no longer for sale....Please make the gold giving dragons cheaper. Everything is so crazy expensive as it is....but 4,000 gold regular price for a gold dragon is just ridiculous and putting it on sale for only 2,000 gold is extremely unfair. I am not made of money. Wish I was. But I can’t afford that.
    Oh dear, I feel that anger as well. I had a long rant with my partner earlier, since it seems this is the only game that I always feel an itching desire to whine about .__.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that they think a 'sale' means a dragon costing 2000 gold, when it was already an insurmountable price of 4000??

This would mean that 'on sale', a player would have to spend 1400 gold at $47.99 USD during a sale (regular price $69.99 USD) *plus* another 530 gold at $19.99 USD during a sale (regular $27.99 USD). Oh, but that STILL doesn't match the bloated price of 2000 gold required to buy that dragon.

That's a total of $68 USD (almost $100 CAD) when on sale, and a total of $98 USD (almost $131 CAD) when not on sale, for this single dragon. What's worse is that some of the dragons which are NOT currently on sale, are listed as 2000-4000 gold, which is equally laughable. Does anyone actually buy these??

The habitats themselves are also so highly priced most of the time and I never understood why anyone would upgrade an already existing habitat on their island, so that it may house only a *single* extra space for 200-300 gold...? I'm stunned that they'd even offer that Sundial habitat that houses a whopping 2 slots, yet costs the same as others which house 4 dragons.

There was another player on here that commented about this, but I'm in the same position as well, where I'm also nowhere near maxed out on my habitats. But the rate I've been going with obtaining Marble Keys to expand a single plot of land is absolutely ridiculous, that I feel I'll never reach that maxed out quota.

People who want to continue playing, and who would also spend money on more dragons, habitats, etc, *can't* because there just isn't any space to put them! They slosh stuff out as fast as humanely possible, and most players can't keep up at all anymore.

I just spent some of my gold for 2 of the same habitat, simply because it was the only one that houses 5 slots, while still costing the same price as others that house 4 slots. I also spent the hefty amount of 500 gold to upgrade my stable, because I'm going to start tossing all the ugly Commons in there, since they're using up what little valuable space I have left in habitats!

I guess I just don't understand why S8 became sooo greedy, while continuously ignoring their dedicated fanbase. I've been playing for over 8 years and have financially invested in this game which I used to adore a *lot*. And like you said, a lot of things have changed for the worst; My partner was telling me that at this point, they just don't deserve my money anymore when they've made it clear how greedy theyve become and how little they offer in return.

Fashion Designer
    Does anyone know if the Dark Mountain dragon will be available in the market after? I am so torn! I only have enough gold for either that or the gold lion

Quote Originally Posted by savage_mel View Post
    Does anyone know if the Dark Mountain dragon will be available in the market after? I am so torn! I only have enough gold for either that or the gold lion
    It most certainly will, just like bomb/dynamite/food producing dragons. But if you have enough gold and not having huge space shortage, I would recommend buying Gold Lion. Marble Shores can hold 2 dragons, and since we can only have 1 Dark Mountain it means that sooner or later we will get anonther marble key producing dragon (on sale at release date). Who knows when (and if?) we will get another gold-producing dragon, and it's always a good investment.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast