Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It looks like I going to say good buy to all my friends and neighbors

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Go into main General settings tab
    Attachment 51043Tap on iPad storage in the General tab, you then see:
    Attachment 51044That's how you can see how full your Other is. This also shows how much of your storage is really used.
    Is your device old? Or didyou recently update your iOS? Your General screen doesn't look like mine. I always wait at least 6 months after iOS comes out with an update to do so, I don't allow automatic updates. I wonder if the newest iOS is not compatible on iPad with the current CS software; remember, after iOS update, CS staff needs to check for compatibility, and then fix problems. I always told my clients NOT to update any software ASAP, then they never had problems when there were incompatibilities. I wonder if this newish spate of "unable to log in" correlates with the recent iOs update. Are you on iOS 12.2? I am not. Still on 11.2.6. The new update was supposed to fix (among other things) an issue in Settings > General > IPhone Storage , but since we are using iPads this update might glitch the iPad. The only update I do when it appears is the game itself.
    My iPad is an older one

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Is this what your looking for

Attachment 51039
    This is my iPad storage

I have updated to IOS 12.2 & have not had any problems with CS or other games on my iPad.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    This is my iPad storage
    Right, but tap on that bottom line where it says "manage iPad storage" & show me That.

yay meme1098, thanks, that makes me think it may Not be related to the update, good news!
    I used to work in software but often problems with software were related to the hardware, so that's why I am asking so many questions.....
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    It's not just me a lot of us are posting in the bug forum
    Last edited by katbtodd; 04-10-19 at 11:18 AM.

Executive Chef
    I saw, right now I am trying to address your specific device/iOS. Let's see if it works. Please bear with me if I am being overly simplistic.
    First make sure all background apps are shut down. Here are mine on my older iPhone which seems to be showing General settings like your older iPad.
    Attachment 51047Attachment 51048Attachment 51049I find theses by double clicking the Home button. Swipe each one to close.

its storming here & my WiFi is cutting in and out, it may take awhile for me to finish all of this!

From Settings, Privacy, go to Location Services & disable it. Under Diagnostics & Usage of your Privacy settings, make sure Don't Send is enabled, and Share With App Developers is turned Off. Also check Twitter, Facebook, & any other apps under your Privacy settings & do not allow them access. Check apps other than social media that want information in your Privacy settings & disable/turn off.
    Under main settings, disable Messenger, iMessage, any other app.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-10-19 at 11:51 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    I saw, right now I am trying to address your specific device/iOS. Let's see if it works. Please bear with me if I am being overly simplistic.
    First make sure all background apps are shut down. Here are mine on my older iPhone which seems to be showing General settings like your older iPad.
    Attachment 51047Attachment 51048Attachment 51049I find theses by double clicking the Home button. Swipe each one to close.
    Yes I have forced close out of every thing when I try to open my game it's the only one up

Executive Chef
    Right, but you have to not only force close all the apps, you have to disable Location Settings, and everything. Turn your iCloud Drive off. Any automatic backups, all the stuff I listed in the edits.....a lot of apps ping your device even when not in active use & will affect your RAM & bandwidth.
    For instance, if Automactic Downloads are enabled under iTunes, they are pinging your device. They are using RAM and bandwidth. If Notifications are enabled, the apps underneath are pinging your device unless disabled. This burns your RAM, all this stuff is sucking on your processor even if you are not "actively" using....so on an older device, you have to shut everything off because the older processor doesn't have enough power to run everything at the same time.
    If you use Mail on this device, I am told the only way to clear the email cache from memory is to delete your email then reinstall (after backing up Mail to iCloud first). I am told that a lot of "other" memory is from stored copies of mail that's been opened, and Apple has yet to find a way to clear this cache except for delete/reinstall. Google "how to clear iPad cache" for info.
    so after Everything is cleared & shut off, you reboot the device to clear what's left in the cache...then hopefully your game will open again.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-10-19 at 12:20 PM.

Executive Chef
    Right, but you have to not only force close all the apps, you have to disable Location Settings, and everything. Turn your iCloud Drive off. Any automatic backups, all the stuff I listed in the edits.....a lot of apps ping your device even when not in active use & will affect your RAM & bandwidth.
    For instance, if Automactic Downloads are enabled under iTunes, they are pinging your device. They are using RAM and bandwidth.
    Location off
    spot light off
    iCloud off
    auto back off
    A while back I goggle how to speed up my iPad these were the things they had me do and they have been off since
    Don't stop now , let's keep going
    I been totaling shutting down my iPad at night
    Rebooting my router
    Last edited by katbtodd; 04-10-19 at 12:11 PM.

Executive Chef
    What about your messaging apps? I notice u got 2....also in an earlier post I did, I had to edit it over 1/2 hr (its hailing/raining here with Wind advisories, my internet keeps cutting out) where you shut off notifications to developers, etc. all the Privacy setting stuff

also what kind of case do you use, it is silicone that keeps heat in? Is it on a built in stand that uncovers part of the back to let heat out? I know I had to switch cases because an older ipad would overheat
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-10-19 at 01:09 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast