Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2 Mysteries

Executive Chef

Farm Story 2 Mysteries

Ever wondered why some things in Farm Story 2 we expect to be one thing turn out to be something entirely different? Or don't quite make sense, but we go along with it anyway? I just thought it might be interesting to list out any strange or confusing things we've encountered here. And who knows? Maybe someone among us can come up with a good explanation for it (or a humorous one).

Some of the mysteries I've encountered...

1. Why is the BLT made with Bacon, Tomatoes...and Spinach?
    2. Why does the recipe for Mixed Veggies calls for Corn, Potatoes, and Peas, but the can art shows only Peas...and Carrots?
    3. Why do what appear to be palm trees or banana trees drop Mangoes and Pineapples (which grow on the ground) while a tree that looks like a regular fruit tree drops Bananas?
    4. Where do the Shrimp Tempura in the Ramen come from?
    5. Why is Air Freshener being made in the Cannery...rather than the Floral Shop?
    6. How does Bacon turn into Pepperoni?

For number 1, I know: Lettuce was never introduced as a crop, and Spinach is available as a substitute, so the recipe for the BLT calls for Spinach.
    (Or, Morgan decided Piper wasn't getting enough fiber, so she decided to use Spinach instead and told Piper it was a new variety of Lettuce.)

Any thoughts on the other? Or any other mysteries to share?

Executive Chef
    Why does the Lion Dog from the Rescue Pen get to bark, while the Beagle and Jed Dog make no sound at all?

Executive Chef
    Why is the Ramen (which is a noodle dish) crafted in the Sushi Shop, while the Spicy Edamame (which is not a noodle dish) is crafted in the Noodle House?

Why is the Soup (which appears as a can of soup) crafted in the Kitchen, instead of in the Cannery? Or, to turn that around, why does it appear as a can of soup instead of as a bowl of soup, like the Watercress Soup?

Why is the Almond Face Mask crafted in Specialty Goods? It is the only non-edible recipe there...

Rhino Keeper
    Why does Stormie stay at level 60? He has not moved up in years.

Fashion Designer
    This.
    Thread.
    Is.
    Genius.

Cows give milk.
    Chickens lay eggs.
    Pigs are bacon.
    Sheep produce wool.
    Alpacas produce alpaca wool.

In what world do donkeys give... Briefcases? (not to mention ropes?)

Why are there no recipes for the bass? Is it just there in the pond as moral support for the tuna, salmon, and anchovies? And since trains and planes are delivering it, couldn't whatever recipes they're producing with it be brought over?

Speaking of fish, why do anchovies eat bait made with other anchovies? That can't be OK.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-23-19 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Removed starred word and comments on forum rules

Fashion Designer
    Why is there an incident form if it's coded to automatically close upon submission?

Why doesn't STORM8 ever actually fix the bugs that impact insividual farms?

Why won't two of my land expansions work after having spent hundreds of thousands of coins and more than 100 parts to expand to them?

Why isn’t the Noodle House animated?
    Also, why do we never have plane orders for the Noodle House or the Smoker?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    Why is there an incident form if it's coded to automatically close upon submission?

Why doesn't STORM8 ever actually fix the bugs that impact insividual farms?

Why won't two of my land expansions work after having spent hundreds of thousands of coins and more than 100 parts to expand to them?
    You do realize...this was not meant as a complaint and comment thread, right? That its intention was to highlight inexplicably unexplained aspects of FS2? Like, as you said previously, why the Donkeys are dropping Briefcases (and Ropes)...

Executive Chef
    So, the Crop Dryer dries the crops from the Water Garden. The Dehydrator dries out the fruits and flowers. And the Extractor extracts...what, exactly?
    The Candy Tree and the Easter Candy Tree drop items from the Candy Maker and the Chocolatier. The Icy Oak drops...coins and mining tools?

These make sense:
    Maple Trees and the Maple Grove drop Maple Syrup or Maple Leaves.
    The Grapevines drop Green or Purple Grapes.
    The Passion Fruit Vines drop Passion Fruit or Golden Passion Fruit.
    Cinnamon Trees drop Cinnamon Sprigs or Cinnamon Oil.
    Almond Trees drop Almonds or Almond Milk.
    Home Hydroponic drops Soybeans or Soy Milk.
    Morgan's Botanical Garden drops Lavender or Jasmine.

These do not.
    The Tropical Oasis drops Passion Fruit and Mangoes or...Pineapples? Since when do Pineapples grow on trees? (I know, I mentioned this in the original post.)
    Aquaponics drops Soybeans or Soymilk and...Mangoes or Pineapples? One grows on a tree, and I doubt either can be grown hydroponically.
    The Jasmine Trellis drops Lavender or Jasmine...and Almonds or Almond Milk? The flowers, okay, but Almonds grow on trees...don't they?
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 10-17-19 at 04:22 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    You do realize...this was not meant as a complaint and comment thread, right? That its intention was to highlight inexplicably unexplained aspects of FS2? Like, as you said previously, why the Donkeys are dropping Briefcases (and Ropes)...
    Yes, but I'm mad and lashing out and trying to get their attn anyw ay I can, so I used this thread. Sorry, I'm usually a good girl. And to be fair, they ARE mysteries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast