Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel....

Fashion Designer

Anyone else feel....

...like CS is more of a chore lately than a game? I’ve only been playing three years, and sometimes I actually dread opening up my game especially if I haven’t visited all day since morning.

Like right now, I read that the new event has another one of those “ask neighbors for chest keys” side quests and I’m thinking, do I really want to get into this right now?

How do you get over the growing ambivalence?
    No Gems For Runes!

Yes! I once stopped playing the game for close to a year because of the pressure and lack of sleep I was getting. The game is difficult to keep up when you work a full time job.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    ...like CS is more of a chore lately than a game? I’ve only been playing three years, and sometimes I actually dread opening up my game especially if I haven’t visited all day since morning.

Like right now, I read that the new event has another one of those “ask neighbors for chest keys” side quests and I’m thinking, do I really want to get into this right now?

Once they started doing back to back events, it took a while but I realised/decided I could just pick and choose those that interest me and even stop during an event if it was not keeping me interested - plus takes breaks altogether when I want. It doesn't matter if I don't have something that an event offered. This made a big difference as I can sit back and only open the game if I feel like it and then enjoy events more when I decide to do them. So I am actually playing more lately than I had for quite a while because I am choosing to, not because I feel like I'll 'miss out' if I don't play, (hope that makes sense).

So I would really suggest taking a break, even if just a short one. That can really help you understand if you still want to play rather than feel you 'have' to play.

Executive Chef
    the ask neighbors for chests daily is actually i think one of the easier things to do. you request once (yes clicking on everyone's name is a pain) & if you get 20 responses the first day, then you have 5 extra. and automatically the next day, the other neighbors will get those requests & start answering them. some days, i have breezed through collecting the 3 rewards. without asking anyone.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    Thanks everyone..... I did leave the game alone last night and found this morning with my first cup of coffee I felt better about it and did collect from the daily alis, adventures, etc. Plus it seems to be that same old pattern which is tired but at least familiar.

I didn't realize you could now just send to all neighbors at once, that does help instead of keeping track of who sent you the requests and limiting to 20 of those neighbors. So I sent to everyone and still got the "11 neighbors didn't get the request because you've already sent them requests today" LOL when did we last have one of these, a month ago?
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    Thanks everyone..... I did leave the game alone last night and found this morning with my first cup of coffee I felt better about it and did collect from the daily alis, adventures, etc. Plus it seems to be that same old pattern which is tired but at least familiar.

I didn't realize you could now just send to all neighbors at once, that does help instead of keeping track of who sent you the requests and limiting to 20 of those neighbors. So I sent to everyone and still got the "11 neighbors didn't get the request because you've already sent them requests today" LOL when did we last have one of these, a month ago?
    yes. but you might need a bunch of new neighbors too. during that last event like this, i know i posted in that event forum that i was accepting new neighbors & so did a bunch of others. i got almost 30 new neighbors from that. and i see those names consistently asking for things & answering my requests. i also found during the last event like this that i gained a lot of new neighbors from around the world who play at different times. which helps. me personally, i don't sleep much & usually wake around 2-3am my time (eastern standard-i'm in florida). playing the game then means people from europe & asia are online. but most in the USA are asleep.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef

Did the game deselect some while you were asking, making you have to tap on them again to re-check the box? I am told when that happens, it gives the message.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef

Definately take a break! Post on your wall so neighbors know its a temporary thing & dont drop you; you can delete the "gone on vacay" message when you decide to play again. Last year, a lot of the events were Really Intense IMO, I took a break for 2 months last fall. When it ain't fun, it ain't fun.....
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Nightclub Owner
    I stop playing and collect energy.

Who makes up the rules to these games?

Other posts have talked about the ambivalence, stopping to collect energy and all of these questions running together. I agree with what everyone else has said but I have another question. Who decides the quest, the monsters etc.? And why is it that the hero always wins? True, it?s fun to be the hero and always to win but why doesn?t the poor little monster ever win? I just beat the hell out of a truffle and other than waiting for more energy, it was not a challenge at all. What if the truffle and other monsters could fight back? I see him swinging his little tiny animated tool, be it a sword or nice or fang but really, he has no chance.
    I think we should get energy faster but also that the monsters have a chance to win. Perhaps in compensation for the monsters being able to win, we could get more energy at four or five times the speed while we are in a fight with a monster. Even if the monster wins, we get the extra energy. This way, if the monster beats us, we will still have energy to do other things in the game. I noticed that sometimes we get extra little lightning bolt of energy while we are fighting. What if that became a rule rather than exception, just because the monsters could beat us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast