Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/4: Paper Chase Community Event | *info and inventory on page 1*

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's really bothering me that the chests drop 3 of the Red Paper Flowers but only 1 of the others. I get that it's a small and nearly insignificant issue in the grand scheme of things but it's enough to get my notice.
    I have 9 red flowers and 2 blue ones. Lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Next time, as soon as you buy them just put them in storage and either take them back out again and place on your board or leave them in storage until you're ready to chop them. There is a small window of time to store them before they become "unstoreable". Once you start chopping them you can't store them.
    Really... I had no clue about this! Good to know so thanks for sharing.

I have five straw collections to go. The rest are done. I stopped sending out adventures because I wasn?t getting any straw and my gold nuggets are too precious. It was also a pain there for a while trying to get the inky quills. I don?t even care about the bottleneck at Ivy?s place, I?m just happy I have breathing space in this event. I?d much rather deal with a bottleneck, especially a guaranteed drop bottleneck, than have to be glued to my game in order to even come closer to finishing. I like that I can still work on other goals while keeping up with this event.

I didn?t get any blue paper peacock from my chests so I guess I won?t be getting that small goal afterwards. I got two pigeon roosts, a desk and one of each colored paper flowers.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Executive Chef
    There's no advantage to prebuying and immediately storing the paper stacks. Just buy a few at a time, then when your close to finishing, buy one at a time. Then you won't have extra inventory of paper stacks.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 04-12-19 at 01:55 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Yes you can still ask for chests, but I don't know if blue paper peacocks got sent any day other than Day 1
    My blue peacock drop two days ago, so they are still dropping. The drops are normal but it is pretty.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    There's no advantage to prebuying and immediately storing the paper stacks. Just buy a few at a time, then when your close to finishing, buy one at a time. Then you won't have extra inventory of paper stacks.
    Some players may want to store the items for later use outside of the event.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Some players may want to store the items for later use outside of the event.
    But remember these responses are to people who have said they don't want things left on their board, so for them this is very good advice. I only buy one as I need one, but then that is my whole approach. I do what I need to get to the next level. I don't try and prepare ahead. That way an event like this plays out evenly for me over the 2 weeks, which means I can more easily balance my whole game play.

And S8 have sometimes (often?) reduced the usefulness of event parts in the future if you then get them out of storage (eg wood drops). So I generally only do this for things that look nice and that I will use as decorations.

And in this case, paper stacks neither drop anything other than event parts or look good. Maybe the only thing they might be good for is fangbeats given how many they spawn - but that could easily change too

Rhino Keeper
    I thought we could craft a second paper tiger. I made one and now I don't see a way to make a second one. Am I missing something?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCarolyn View Post
    I thought we could craft a second paper tiger. I made one and now I don't see a way to make a second one. Am I missing something?
    You needed to craft them at the same time, or at least start crafting the second one before you collected the first one from the workshop. The paper tiger craft disappears once you've collected it from the workshop =(

So sad to miss the message that two paper tiger must craft at the same time 😩

Executive Chef
    My thoughts on this event:

1. This seems to be the first event building that still looks like a work in progress at level 5.

2. Overall the event is well paced.
    The Wizard Schools, daily energy items and Daily Alicorns I own have made this a low stress event for me.
    For those without daily energy givers: I have NOT purchased any of mine with gems. They have been event rewards or made during my game play. Have patience and pay attention to items that reward energy. Even the items that give 2-4 energy a day add up and surprise you with 10, 20, 50 or 100.

3. I would prefer that if the chickens drop an item then the stables should drop an item, not the hatcheries. Now that I am only waiting on Ivy, I have no egg source without collecting un-needed event items. A side goal of mine is to try to not have any extra event items once completed.

4. Miles is not an incentive for me. I'd prefer he be a stationary person like the elves and faeries and even just drop a decent amount of coins.

5. The same event formula, while monotonous, did help me plan how to complete it knowing there were a number of days I couldn't play often.

6. I no longer feel the pressure to accumulate all the materials as soon as possible (thanks Shibuya for the numbers) and take it one level at a time. This may be due to my extra energy I get every day. So, again, complete events that reward energy givers, make energy animals when you can.

7. Ivy with a 10 hour timer would be helpful. It would give players the ability to sync Ivy to changing schedules rather than miss collections due to being unable to log in exactly every 12 hours.