Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Music In The Air - 2019 Mar 28 (5 Days)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I think the evenly-divisible thing counts a lot less in these goals, since you have the old recipes unlocked and can start a batch of them on whatever stoves you're not using to finish up the current step.

But I build appliances based on an arbitrary system that appeals to my sense of uniformity (6 of most, 8 of those appearing in 5-day goals), so no one should listen to me
    I normally build 3 each appliance for the 15 day goals and 6 of each for the 5 day goals. I always manage to finish the goals and am convinced that planning when to start recipes is the most important factor in these goals. Like you, my reasoning for building a set number of appliances is completely arbitrary and I honestly can't recall how or why I started doing them this way. All I know is that I've been building goal appliances in 3s since the goals started to occur with any regularity way back when.

That said, when an appliance requires so few parts (like these Folk Ovens) I will build 10 of them just for expediency's sake. Seeing as how I never need to finish these 5 Day Goals, my personal aim is to unlock the new recipes as quickly as possible. I really aim to have as many days of downtime as possible before the next goal starts.

Rhino Keeper
    5 folk oven is doable but very tight if you are a parts neighbor you can get 8 folk oven at day 1 (assuming they have stock GEARS ready so just need 40 Clef before reset & another 40 Clef during reset but not many players have 100+ gears or insane good active neighbors so 3-6 folk oven day 1 is common)

next if you want to hold at 5 folk oven the ****er is part 3 & 4

we need 20x 10hours dish just from folk oven so that is 40 hrs almost 2days the remaining 8hrs is for you to plan yr sleep/wake up timing

next 20x 16hrs dish that is 64 hrs just this alone is almost 3 days the prize is really nothing to shout about so if you are at part 3 at day1 as I mention doable but very tight as you can see.

next we need to ask ourselves what if we go for 10 folk oven?? is it worth it? Again this is just IMO having 10 folk oven building up OTW towards this 5day is really not hard we can have 20gifts & 20 request daily total 40... folk oven cost is just 10K to build with 10 gear 10 Clef.

during this 5day event would you prefer stew or receive parts (which we know parts will be NEW parts incoming & no one can guess what parts is relavant for next 5day event) next you know having 5 Folk oven there is 2x 10 hr dish & 2x 16 hr dish so if anyone wants to master that it take a LONG LONG time even if we are having 5 folk oven so why not just go for 10 folk oven. Master all of them & we just move on

again guys/gals this is just IMO

Executive Chef
    I used to always have 9 appliances each except for when I first started playing when it was usually 2-3, when we started collection goals I still did 9 appliances however it would take me an entire month or more to build them so I would have boxes of unbuilt appliances taking up valuable slots. After the 3rd goal I only build 3 appliances because of time and as to not to waste time.

As far as 5 day goals 9-10 appliances max.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Many thanks everyone for your wise opinions. I decided to go with ten. As haku points out, they're not expensive & not many parts needed. I've got 9 built and cookin' so far.
    Last edited by happyday5; 03-30-19 at 09:54 AM.
    American Gothicplaying FS since 2010
    TexasMade on RS

Executive Chef
    Really... Recycled recipes... And... In my opinion... These recipes don't match in any way shape or form the recipes that are already on the machine. Not a fan of these new recipes because they don't match the stove or other recipes.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Rhino Keeper
    I really felt this challenge shows a lot of error to begin with or maybe the staff at S8 got the wrong email from somewhere

I really felt this suits

Yellow Coffee Maker 10 Screw & 18 Yellow Steel

Pumpkin Spice 4hrs
    Coffee 5hrs
    Vanilla Latte 10hrs

now if you tally part 3 & 4 in this 5day it makes more sense 20x 5hr dish 20x 10hr dish.... everything is barista theme since it is a coffee maker to begin with... the only reason I could think why there is a switch or this is so off is because Yellow coffee maker is under mid level I guess

Pumpkin Spice 4hrs = Quaver Frappe Recipe
    Coffee 5hrs = G-Clef Coffee Recipe
    Vanilla Latte 10hrs = Allegro Latte Recipe

Farm Supplier
    Going to be short 15 16hour recipes to finish these goals. Even factoring in 1 day lost to attend a family funeral, the recipes needed were too long for a 5 day goal
    Many of my neighbors did not choose to participate in the 5 day goal and it took 2 of the 5 days to build 2 extra ovens to make a total of 5 ovens
    Are you trying to make us all quit? Because if so, it’s working. My neighbors are dropping like flies

Hi,
    How is everyone doing? It looks like I may just barely finish without having to spend many gems to finish.
    It says 13hrs left. The Quaver Frappe is 16hrs & I have 15hrs on 1 of the last few I need to finish.
    Pray that I finish on time. I will do the same, pray that everyone finishes on time.
    Thanks!
    Amy
    ​Amy

Three 16 hour frappes to go to finish the goal, only have 11 hours left. I'm just glad I already have the spring picnic item otherwise I'd be bummed out.

I built 8 ovens and failed by 4 frappes not getting finished. Bummer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast