Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/28: Beast Master Challenge - season 17

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Other than Spellbound Dew and coins, does the Spring Kitsunecorn drop anything else, perhaps Trade Tickets, Expansion Permits, Explorer's Permits, Gold Nuggets, etc.?

If this pet only drops Spellbound Dew than I think that it would have cost a whole lot less to simply purchase the Spellbound Bloom. Not only does it cost a tiny fraction of what was paid to achieve 30K+ points, but you get to collect from it every two hours.

Hmm... wait... come to think of it, even if the Spring Kitsunecorn's droppings did contain multiple types of goodies, it would still be cheaper and more beneficial for us to buy or craft individual pets or plants or structures than to buy our way to 30K+ points. Oh! But then there is the prestige of winning that gold or silver trophy
    Yep! For me, the only way to be happy with an LB is to ignore it totally and focus on churning out troll tokens. That way, if I win - it's a pleasant bonus. If I don't - at least I know I didn't shell out cash for an item that drops something I'm likely maxed on.

More power to those who enjoy the competitive nature of the event. But if it was me, I'd find another competition based game to enjoy that is worth my time and efforts since s8 seems to go out of their way to deliver sub-par gifts for theirs, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Other than Spellbound Dew and coins, does the Spring Kitsunecorn drop anything else, perhaps Trade Tickets, Expansion Permits, Explorer's Permits, Gold Nuggets, etc.?

If this pet only drops Spellbound Dew than I think that it would have cost a whole lot less to simply purchase the Spellbound Bloom. Not only does it cost a tiny fraction of what was paid to achieve 30K+ points, but you get to collect from it every two hours.

Hmm... wait... come to think of it, even if the Spring Kitsunecorn's droppings did contain multiple types of goodies, it would still be cheaper and more beneficial for us to buy or craft individual pets or plants or structures than to buy our way to 30K+ points. Oh! But then there is the prestige of winning that gold or silver trophy
    If I had spent all that money & energy to get a dud like the spring kitsunecorn, I'd never try for LB top dog again! I sure feel sorry for those players that went all out for such a lame prize.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    If I had spent all that money & energy to get a dud like the spring kitsunecorn, I'd never try for LB top dog again! I sure feel sorry for those players that went all out for such a lame prize.
    Me too... imagine spending what was probably over $100 to jump to first place for that!

And suddenly I am renewing the consideration of offering my condolences to the first prize winner.....if I find a way to make it not sound snarky, I mean I really do feel bad for this person!
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Did you get a discount offer for Beastbane due to it being your first MH on that account?
    No, I didn't.
    Trudyscandles

Fashion Designer
    STORM 8: please tell me that the spring kitsunecorn is capable of nicer drops than 275 coins and chance of 1 spellbound dew every 22 hours. I mean seriously this thing is worse than a 200 coin flower, which drops petals and chance of spellbound dew every 5 minutes.

If the drops we've seen so far are all there is it's a SHAME. Some people pay tons of money, or spend a ridiculous amount of energy, are you just gonna let people burn and vow to never spend a dime again on leaderboard?

My expectations were so low and yet I don't know how they managed to disappoint still!
    Last edited by Melany77; 04-05-19 at 01:03 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, congrats to all who won what they wanted (or maybe not even aimed for). I get all the sarcasm, they bring it on themselves (S8 that is).

On a more positive note: I'm super happy with my cabbage hut. I've had it for 3-4 months now in both my kingdoms and this month I got 2 spring uncorns in kingdom #1 and 3 (three!) in kingdom #2. I'm out of cabbages now in kingdom #2, but very happy. Way better than a three tailed fox that doesn't seem to give much useful items.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    Well, congrats to all who won what they wanted (or maybe not even aimed for). I get all the sarcasm, they bring it on themselves (S8 that is).

On a more positive note: I'm super happy with my cabbage hut. I've had it for 3-4 months now in both my kingdoms and this month I got 2 spring uncorns in kingdom #1 and 3 (three!) in kingdom #2. I'm out of cabbages now in kingdom #2, but very happy. Way better than a three tailed fox that doesn't seem to give much useful items.
    Lol. I couldn't get enough gold tokens for that cabbage hut this time around. I got another unicorn instead. I'm glad I didn't care about the spring kitsunecorn because man would I have been upset! Lol

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    I came in second palce - the chest automatically opened- I think it had some coins ( perhaps around 50 k) and just silver banner.
    i was aiming for 4th to 6th place and ended up in 5th place. I was more interested in the energy crate than a chest of coins or the spring kitsunecorn. I have enough banners in storage lol.

Farm Supplier
    I didn't find this last Monster Hunt very interesting at all, and I normally relish a good Monster Hunt! There were no new things to craft, no previously released animals to craft like during the last hunt when we were all frantically crafting Dark Unicorns! There was nothing to do with the tokens from cows and pigs except make things for Leader Board points which I wasn't interested in doing. Taking away the unlimited Blue Dire Boar spawns was mean S8!

I don't ever actively participate in the Leader Boards, I just craft as many gold troll tokens as I can. I made over 50 gold troll tokens this time, ending up one short at 84 tokens for making a second Wizard's Portal (the 85th gold token dropped from the BeastBane this morning so I'm happy) I ended up in 17th position with 2400 points. Two players were battling it out and ended up with over 8,000 points each for the dubious prize of the Spring Kitsunecorn. I put a notice on my wall saying that I wasn't chasing after the prizes on the Leader Board, but I don't know if anyone read it as only one player visited my kingdom during the hunt.

Executive Chef
    I just got 4 energy from my spring kitsunecorn on the second collection, plus coins. No black flag. For the hunt, I was mainly concentrating on getting gold tokens, although I now have no specific plans for my current 50. I have so many stray animals that do or might give trade tickets, energy, wisps, lanterns, essences, spellbound dew, etc. that I spend most of first energy of my morning just going around collecting.

When I realized that I could get 1st or second, I saved a few energy sources and did spend 7 gems in the last hour to maintain 2nd, just for the fun of it. I do miss the days when you could craft the specialty animal from their tokens instead of just using those tokens for LB crafts.