Thread: Ads

Rhino Keeper

Ads

Is it just me but it seems like they are pushing more n more ads on us in game. Especially on iOS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by myharleycat View Post
    Is it just me but it seems like they are pushing more n more ads on us in game. Especially on iOS.
    Have not got an ad for gem in the last 3 or 4 days.. where you seeing all these ads at?

Nightclub Owner
    They are pretty awful. I usually get a pop up for those silly mania games every few minutes and heaven forbid I forget to close my app totally. When I do forget and leave the app open, I get a bunch in a row as though the game is making up for lost time!

They've even gone and made the ads in the style of the actual BS game pop ups like the Menus and Welcome Back screens. Since updating the other day, the style difference is marked - they've added the yellow and pink border that makes it look like it's meant to be part of the daily game play, complete with the game characters. It's getting ridiculous!

Before Update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0013722.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	50805

After Update:

Name:	0013721.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	50806

If only they would remove all this junk from our screens, all the clutter on my screen makes it difficult to actually see my game board anymore.

EDITED TO ADD: I normally close these ads so quickly that I've only just noticed that these new ones are even animated! I guess Pop Ups weren't attracting enough attention now we've got automatic commercials. Grrrr!!
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 03-29-19 at 05:10 PM.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Have not got an ad for gem in the last 3 or 4 days.. where you seeing all these ads at?
    Actually was looking through posts specifically to see if this was happening to anyone else. Not that I love ads, but I do love free gems. I just need 9 more to do another upgrade and I?ve been waiting for days for more lol. I guess this is happening across the game and not just for me.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mangofree View Post
    Actually was looking through posts specifically to see if this was happening to anyone else. Not that I love ads, but I do love free gems. I just need 9 more to do another upgrade and I?ve been waiting for days for more lol. I guess this is happening across the game and not just for me.
    If you're referring to the daily videos that award free gems, those are a promotional feature that are subject to change. This basically means that the videos come and go with no warning or reason, it's random who receives the videos and who doesn't. I'm sorry to say that there is no way of predicting if your daily videos will return or not.

If you were talking about something different, please disregard this post, lol. If you were speaking of the daily gem videos and are interested in learning more, there's a discussion thread on this topic:https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ily-gem-videos

Rhino Keeper
    I'm using iOS and I have been experiencing so many pop ups in this game but the reason why I never complained was cuz unlike droid players (from all the past posts I've read), at least I never had my gems stolen from me which is something I should be grateful for.

However, that's not to say those pop ups aren't annoying af. I get almost 10 of them (not that I was counting but it seemed like it!), including the welcome back and gifts pop up messages and after closing all of them, I still get the occasional ad pop up when I'm in the game. It's particularly irritating when you're redecorating or even just tapping on your appliances to cook your recipes and you accidentally click on the button that redirects you to the app store. ARGH

When I received the new ad after updating BS, I was pretty excited that we were gonna have a new goal until I saw that teensy tiny font at the button saying to install for gems. Thanks for getting my hopes up for like 3 seconds, S8. NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    They are pretty awful. I usually get a pop up for those silly mania games every few minutes and heaven forbid I forget to close my app totally. When I do forget and leave the app open, I get a bunch in a row as though the game is making up for lost time!

They've even gone and made the ads in the style of the actual BS game pop ups like the Menus and Welcome Back screens. Since updating the other day, the style difference is marked - they've added the yellow and pink border that makes it look like it's meant to be part of the daily game play, complete with the game characters. It's getting ridiculous!

Before Update:

Name:	0013722.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	50805

After Update:

Name:	0013721.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	50806

If only they would remove all this junk from our screens, all the clutter on my screen makes it difficult to actually see my game board anymore.

EDITED TO ADD: I normally close these ads so quickly that I've only just noticed that these new ones are even animated! I guess Pop Ups weren't attracting enough attention now we've got automatic commercials. Grrrr!!
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.