Thread: Unable to delete gift without losing gift slot

Rhino Keeper

Unable to delete gift without losing gift slot

This is going on in both rs & bs started with latest goals.
    Used to be able to delete unneeded/unwanted gift and it would open spot for different gift to be sent. This isnt happening. Ex ive got 4 open gift spots in rs but nbrs are saying my gifts are full. (Ive got 16 gifts). This has been occurring for last 5 days. My question is did storm 8 change gifting rules in rs and bs? Im android player since 2010. Ive reinstalled both games but it still happening

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nvangel View Post
    Used to be able to delete unneeded/unwanted gift and it would open spot for different gift to be sent. This isnt happening. Ex ive got 4 open gift spots in rs but nbrs are saying my gifts are full. (Ive got 16 gifts). This has been occurring for last 5 days. My question is did storm 8 change gifting rules in rs and bs? Im android player since 2010. Ive reinstalled both games but it still happening
    I've seen a few other players post that they've noticed a change as well but I've not seen any official word on the matter. There are players who say that they've never been able to decline a gift and get another to replace it; so basically they're stuck with whatever the first 20 gifted items are or they don't receive the full 20 per day. However, the posts on the subject lately are all from players like you who used to be able to decline gifts and receive replacements but are no longer able to do so.

It doesn't seem to be a widespread issue which makes me lean toward a glitch of some sort but until we have an official response, it's all just theorizing. Hopefully when s8 gets back into the office later today they'll have a response - I know a large handful of players who are getting very frustrated with this and are really looking forward to answers.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nvangel View Post

Here are some of my suggestions to another player who asked this in Bakery Story. Please try and see if they help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post

When your gift slot does not open, it may be several reasons like your neighbours and the time when you declined the gift. Try to decline gift as early as possible. Declining it too close to game reset time leaves your neighbours a very small duration "window" to send you a gift. Most players tend to send as soon as they get into game after game reset, especially when goals are in progress. They want to gift early so they can get parts gifts in return fast. After you decline the gift, you need to have a neighbour who have not sent you a gift, to send you it before you can get another. If they have already sent you, then you won't get more from them. Also players are across different time zones, so they wont be able to send if they aren't in game after you decline.

All in all,
    1. make sure you decline as early as possible, dont wait til last minute to decline and
    2. don't jam up your request queue.

It's helpful to have at least 20 neighbours whom you can depend on and play the same style as you. Better yet play in the same time zone as you so you can work out the gift timing.

Host(ess)

Angry Out Of This World Goal Bug

So much for being able to receive 20 gifts every day! I only accepted the goal part I wanted, declined maybe 3 or 4 other items, and my inventory only shows 18! I?m not using the second appliance yet, so definitely haven?t used any of the parts either! Have had 3 neighbours also say that my gifts are maxed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4D8E501-D67C-421C-A1F3-67A651FE8211.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	52753
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details

Host(ess)
    I already decline unwanted gifts as soon as I see them, and they were declined within 7hrs after reset, then I went to bed (I’m in Australia). It was around this current time, that I started to get messages from neighbours thatmygifts were maxed. I checked my news feed, but there was nothing there, then I double checked my inventory, and it still showed 18 only. There was still 5hrs before the next reset, and I kept getting maxed messages. And I still only received 18.

Declined gifts counted as gift received

My gifts are maxed when I have just received 18 or 19 gifts these two days.
    Yesterday, I declined two unwanted gifts and my gifts were maxed at 18.
    Today, I declined one unwanted gift and gifts were maxed at 19.
    I suspect that the declined gifts have been counted in my daily gift quota of 20.
    Anyone experiences the same? And is it any solution?
    I am a PARTS ONLY player, playing both RS and BS.
    I only accept PARTS ONLY player with level over 50.