Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noticed a growing trend of player alienation.

Noticed a growing trend of player alienation.

I've played off and on since 2013. This time around I'm seeing people refuse to be friends with people who have 2 stars or less. I play RS, BS, and FS. It's on all three. Not everyone has time to tip, at one point I didn't and none of my neighbors flipped out on me. Non-tippers still send gifts and answer materials requests. Everyone has the right to have whoever as their neighbor and such, but what's with all the hate? It started out as one or two people and now I'm seeing so many people cleaning out their neighbor lists.

Executive Chef
    It's become so much harder to build appliances now with the number of parts required that I think everyone would be better off clearing their neighbor lists of people who are no longer playing. Obviously, going by players' star rankings isn't the best way if what you want are gifts & responses, but maybe they just want an easy method.

And I wouldn't put that much stock in "non-tippers still gift & respond." I mean, they may, but you can only tell for sure some of the time. It's highly annoying, I wish we had a star ranking for that.

Farm Supplier
    I tip from my walls, not my neighbor list. This way I am responding in kind to the neighbors who show up regularly as well as my neighbors w more erratic visits. I don’t get frustrated, I’ve certainly had times where playing games was the last thing on my mind or in my schedule. People deal w work, illness, hospitalizations , for themselves , their family their pets. This is a game, it makes sense to put your energy on the most salient aspects of your life. I can’t change their behavior, only my response. ✌��

Farm Supplier
    I have been playing since the inception of this game. More and more players are dropping out due to the short term goals and the high number of parts required for appliances. I have lost 100+ of my very loyal neighbors over the past 12 months on both RS and BS. We are going to purchase gems anyway, so why make it so difficult for folks who work with all the parts needed and the loss of the 30 day goals? Also, they no longer sell some items like the gem machines and some of the specialty ovens. I sure hope that the game folks begin to pay attention.

As to the friend issue, I alway go back to the person who visited me and lay out that I try to tip but can't do it more than sporadically and often silent due to time restraints. Also I let them know that I gift parts daily - keep requests on my wall for them and answer all requests off & on during my workday and into the evening. I keep my nabors for quite some time after they take a break, but lots of them are just getting irritated with all of the changes and it's not as much fun. Most of the newbies don't really have a chance and drop out pretty quickly because they cannot collect appliances or get thru the goals while trying to start up their restaurant or bakery.

I really think that they need to lighten up on the number of parts required and maybe then they can keep the 15 day goals - many more folks would be less stressed & grumpy with their nabors & they will keep more customers.

Rhino Keeper
    I use to tip a lot more but the games are too busy now. I never get to visit the community like I used to only when required by goal.

Many of us who have played for years are completely dispirited by the changes over the last few months. It's no longer the game we loved. We built up relationships with neighbors, got to know them, knew their playing style, visited and chatted a bit. I'm one who tries to leave a funny post every day, but I'm seeing that fewer and fewer people even read their walls. Many of us have started skipping goals because of the drudgery and demands, and therefore don't log into the game nearly as much. Many great players have simply quit.
    Many of us stay simply because of the friends we have, but there comes a point where that just isn't enough. The parts thing was probably the last straw. I refuse to be a "hamster on a wheel"...cook, cancel, repeat ad infinitum. These aren't "goals" - they're endurance contests. And in the end you get decorations you don't like and will never use. Redecorating is an agonizing, time-sucking chore, because S8 will not make it easier.
    Even the forums have changed. Where are all the people who used to post regularly and joke with each other? Where's VanaCatu? Whatever happened to our stalwart Juey?

For me personally, I usually have around 100 neighbors, and the fastest way to tip the most people is to go through the entire neighbors list, and silent tip... when I feel more pressed for time, I skip those with 1 or 0 stars.. assuming they're not tipping me, and I would rather tip those who tip in return... the issue then is that skipping those with 1 or 0 stars means scrolling past those names every time you visit another neighbor.. I usually have between 20-35
    1/0 star neighbors, so then that becomes time consuming too... so for tipping reasons alone, it's faster to visit every single neighbor, I think to some that it might seem unfair to tip those who arent tipping you, and if they delete those neighbors, they save time every day...
    Every now and then I ask certain 1/0 starred neighbors to post on my wall if they still play... I realize there is value in anyone who is going to gift & fill requests, and some of my 1/0 starred neighbors are the most frequent people to gift or fill requests... but I do get it. I wish there was a way to sort the neighbor list by star level, highest to lowest... you'd be able to tip the most frequent tippers first and save time if you don't want to tip low starred players

Rhino Keeper
    Rant. I just got deleted by a player because I dont leave messages. That's ok but said player thanked me a month ago for not DELETING them because they'd been inactive for months. Go figure. 🙄

@tatermaters .. what a hypocritical jerk that neighbor is!! That sucks.. I have a couple neighbors who want me to write on their walls, and it's a little annoying.. I have 100 neighbors, I cant fill everyone's special requests.. plus for me the wall takes too long to load, if I had to leave everyone a message, I'd only make it to a fraction of neighbors each day

Fashion Designer
    I don't tip. Anyone who needs tips is free to delete me. I gift daily and accept requests several times a day That's enough work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Many of us who have played for years are completely dispirited by the changes over the last few months. It's no longer the game we loved. We built up relationships with neighbors, got to know them, knew their playing style, visited and chatted a bit. I'm one who tries to leave a funny post every day, but I'm seeing that fewer and fewer people even read their walls. Many of us have started skipping goals because of the drudgery and demands, and therefore don't log into the game nearly as much. Many great players have simply quit.
    Many of us stay simply because of the friends we have, but there comes a point where that just isn't enough. The parts thing was probably the last straw. I refuse to be a "hamster on a wheel"...cook, cancel, repeat ad infinitum. These aren't "goals" - they're endurance contests. And in the end you get decorations you don't like and will never use. Redecorating is an agonizing, time-sucking chore, because S8 will not make it easier.
    Even the forums have changed. Where are all the people who used to post regularly and joke with each other? Where's VanaCatu? Whatever happened to our stalwart Juey?
    Yep! Gone, gone, gone. Everyone is quitting.

I skipped Madi Gras decorating because it's too hard. Haven't done spring in BS for same reason.

I keep not finishing goals because there isn't enough time / too many parts are required. Frustrating.

Everyone is quitting and it's a pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast