Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Within Event: March 15 2019 ( Ends March 22)

Executive Chef
    Very well stated, Rfs04! The game resets at 10:30 A.M. their time. Do they all start their weekend at 10:30 on a Friday morning? Why aren't they around to troubleshoot until later in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    Kooky Panda, I just sent quest at 2:55 PM Eastern time and there is now a 12 hr quest in outpost.

Can you ask the developers though, why they can't have an employee actually go into the game right after all the parts are loaded for a new event and physically check everything is in order.

It should be a relatively quick thing to do...enter the spell shop, see that all tasks are there, including ones still needed for tales sometimes, enter quest outpost, do a battle to see hearts or whatever are being rewarded, hatch egg, finish evolving, harvest food, take egg out of den. If the evolves eggs etc are put in early it's just a matter of tapping a few things on Friday. Use the Stormie ID for this.

It's simple and would avoid all players being stranded for an entire weekend plus....
    As I said in my earlier post, how many hearts have we missed out on having to use 8 hr overnite rather than 12? I just about get enough points to get a dragon , community without being handicapped by errors from S8.

If they continue with this pattern of mistakes making it harder for players, maybe they should think to lessen point requirements on everything.
    This is assuming they implemented a release checklist like what many players have been suggesting since ... I forgot when.

In an ideal environment, they would have a developer's server, which I believe they have, where everything would be tested to death before the final version gets released to the live servers, so it is a mystery as to why such things happen. Maybe they're shorthanded in their test department. Hey! If they need event beta testers, I would gladly volunteer my services

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    This is assuming they implemented a release checklist like what many players have been suggesting since ... I forgot when.

In an ideal environment, they would have a developer's server, which I believe they have, where everything would be tested to death before the final version gets released to the live servers, so it is a mystery as to why such things happen. Maybe they're shorthanded in their test department. Hey! If they need event beta testers, I would gladly volunteer my services
    They may or may not test extensively...I have my doubts on that.... but even if they do, I assume there are many component parts that need to be moved to live system and there's the rub, forget 1 or 2... and you have these situations.

Actually, we are their beta testers!! They're just not around to receive our results!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Very well stated, Rfs04! The game resets at 10:30 A.M. their time. Do they all start their weekend at 10:30 on a Friday morning? Why aren't they around to troubleshoot until later in the day?
    LOL!

If they were like my team, then we would have breathed a sigh of relief and then gone out for coffee to celebrate the new release for several hours.

But then we only release our new updates at 10 p.m. on Sunday evenings, AFTER our team of testers had gone through the updates AND linkages with a fine-tooth comb. Not saying that they don't do the same but perhaps the testers are overlooking things that the developers would typically not change?

Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    They may or may not test extensively...I have my doubts on that.... but even if they do, I assume there are many component parts that need to be moved to live system and there's the rub, forget 1 or 2... and you have these situations.

Actually, we are their beta testers!! They're just not around to receive our results!!!
    LOL!!

I managed to reach the 1st dragon, and hoping that I can reach the last one with 2 days and 21 hours left. I really like the last one MORE than the first, so I'll continue plugging away to get him....
    Good luck everyone!!!!

Farm Supplier
    I feel like I’ll never get the final dragon on this kind of event. I always do my best but the max I can get is the first dragon and usually miss 1k points for the top prize on last day. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by giuarm24 View Post
    I feel like I’ll never get the final dragon on this kind of event. I always do my best but the max I can get is the first dragon and usually miss 1k points for the top prize on last day. What am I doing wrong?
    How many of each of these do you have:
    • Breeding dens
    • Nests
    • Evolution Chambers
    • Farms

Did you manage to breed the quest dragon?
    Did you send the quest dragon out to earn points and how often?
    Did you place and collect from the points-giving decorations?
    Did you fight in the arena and how often?

I'm done with this event

And from the looks of the community total for the number of Myth Hearts, Friday's going to be another day of miracles XD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I'm done with this event

And from the looks of the community total for the number of Myth Hearts, Friday's going to be another day of miracles XD

I'm about 490 points away from finishing myself. This time I will not come up 78 points short like I did with Lady in the last World Event. It looks like I'll be getting Djinn in a matter of hours.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast