Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/14: Press Your Luck event - 14 days

Farm Supplier
    I had a pot of gold on the making when the event finished. During other events this had not been a problem. I did not know that I would not be able to collect it! How frustrating! :-(

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I (respectfully) disagree. It's not "too good to be true". It has always been S8 policy in past to allow unlimited items unless specifically limited ahead of time (or should I say, Team Lava). Not sure what you mean by "there is no exisiting online game that won't correct an imbalance...." What imbalance? Either you choose to make extra, or you don't. I have made extras of other items, also extras in other S8 games, and there hasn't been a problem before. It's THEIR problem if no one thought of capping pots before the event went out, but it's NOT cool to penalize us for their "mistake".

Also, I personally don't choose to think "negatively" about peoples' posts, i.e. that they are "bragging". It's motivating to see what you can do if you play long enough/choose to spend real $. S8 has to make money to stay in business & support those whose choose NOT to pay at all, remember! The issue IMHO is that S8 is doing "mean"/thoughtless things that turn off their paying customer base. For instance, I have a budget for gaming and was happy to pay to play......until the advertising cut excessively into my 15 min of "unlimited" gameplay, and game issues like this after-the-fact pot limitation started cropping up.
    I have played a lot of online games in the past decade, and other developers have always reimbursed people when there were serious event issues, and simply made sure to cap items in events. I have never seen a change mid-event. That's inappropriate.

Well said. I agree with all you say.

Fashion Designer
    I am wondering if we (i.e. SW) can ask S8 if the clover trees can turn into pure decoration (which I would prefer) rather than have a 1.5 hr timer that returns 1 xp

Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    So happy about This event, i manager to make to extra pots of gold with a gnome in them, so I have four .. I maybe could have gotten another if I timed it better.. but I was so happy to see the "thank you gift" from S8. Thank you so much! Looking forward to next

Executive Chef
    i fell asleep before WW could start and woke up around 2am (eastern time-i'm in florida) to do my WW. by then my pots of gold were ready to be collected again (they would not have been if i hadn't fallen asleep. i have 8 pots. 4 of them gave me 1200coin, 1 gave me 2k coin. 3 gave me gold items (2 nuggets and an apple)-so obviously less coin. i placed Cameron. now i just have to wait to see what he drops since i fell asleep before i could recieve said "gift"
    meanwhile off to finish WW & chop 800 willows. for my vines
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Hei, Storm8, thanks so much for the 'thank you' gift, it really changes everything. I mean it actually made me forget about the fact that I lost the Pot of Gold I crafted during the event, but fell asleep before collecting and just disapeared from the workshop. Seems really fair to you too, right? It's not like it's a new rule and you should have announced it or something - if only we would have such a magical place where you could keep in touch with the people actually using your product, hear their feedback in real time, I guess that would be of such value to both parts! Oh, wait... And I know why there were two items in the 'thank you' gift. The crate is probably for players like me, who have had the pot of gold on their board for a week now and collected at least twice a day, but have only gotten two golden eggs from them all this time. That also seems fair, right?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl634 View Post
    Yes. Mine was too. I tried to place the leprechaun on the board and that's when it disappeared.
    Did you check your town square list? It should be in there, but may not be out if it?s not marked. I hope that is all it is!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessell View Post
    Any news on whether the pots of coins drops have changed now that the event has ended?
    Mine are giving coins, but I think it?s about the same amount. No gold stuff since event ended, but I didn?t get a lot during the event either.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteMama View Post
    I had the same issue with my gift. As soon as I placed him, he disappeared and is no where to be found on my board or in storage. Please help!
    I?m sorry, I just realized Cameron leprechaun is not a walker and was in my inventory. Did yours show up? Do u still have the energy crate?

Nightclub Owner
    The final Gift:
    Cameron - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: Visit Cameron for a bit of Luck! Has a chance to drop Jewels and Silver Ore!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Gift
    Size: 1x1
    Sell: item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Jewels, Silver Ore
    Events: Press Your Luck - March 2019
    Coll. Speed-up: 300 gems
    Cap: 1
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1569066
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...