Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/14: Press Your Luck event - 14 days

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyav View Post
    I?m getting a little frustrated with the last couple events. They have been nearly impossible for some lower level players to complete on time. I had no golden eggs at the start of this event because I used the couple I had for earlier quests. ... I have everything else done but can?t make it past level 11 because I?m short two golden eggs. I?ve put money into the game as well as made purchases in exchange for gems. It just doesn?t seem like the money, effort and amounts of energy are worth the final prizes at this point.
    I couldn't play my first event until I was over level 15. (or do you mean level in the event?) I couldn't buy a cute event item last year until level 17, so I missed it by 12 hours. Initially I was not spending money except for two wizard schools (200 gems each) and quickly worked hard on leveling them up. It's the best energy in game (better than alicorns!) and that's why limit 2. PM me if you need low-level advice?

Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    I don't have room in my Queendom yet so went with Pots of Gold at the end of a rainbow scene.Attachment 50763
    That's adorable. I might put out multiple rainbows and put a pot of gold at each.

Quote Originally Posted by h72g View Post
    Strangely for me the limiting factor this time was not energy, but the time it takes for beams and blocks to be made in the workshop... It required to logg into the game like every hour and I just did not have the time for that.
    As you said, the workshop was the bottleneck! After initial rounds I discovered I could chop just enough clover and gold for every round at the workshop. So I only maintained 100 of each, gold/clover. Which also made it trivial to get iron ore after the first use at 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    I'm just not sure if I will be able to collect the last pot on thursday after the event is done, when I start crafting wednesday night...
    Uh, you mean Wednesday, right? unless you are in Australia (?) or something? Events end Wednesday (6pm?) Pacific time, followed by weekday warrior. Which ends Thursday am before new event starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    the gnome guy gives silver, which i need to keep 1 Magic Forge churning out mithril for the expansion
    YES!! I have been more pleased with my Emerald gnomes dropping Silver Ore. With Herman and other minks helping, I've gotten to 99 three times and made mithril. Woot! Only need 10 more mithril to open Salvatore, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    If that's the case in the inventory they will go
    Idk how the drops will change (I still got some gold items after limit reduced to 8), but I wonder if the game will let you put out more than 8 after they are banked? I don't have much experience with S8 to know.

Quote Originally Posted by it's not personal
    S8 you win the award for spoiling events and upsetting your players. Why? Because someone...s8 .... didn't realise until they read on this forum that the pots would be such an asset to us and that we were really over the moon busily making multiples? How dare we be happy!! There are loads more people who don't read the forum than those who do so would it have been so bad to let us continue making pots for another day??
    This has really got to me...
    (EDIT: I apologize for the following words which were unfair and based on poor judgement. see my post https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1570993)

Guys, if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. There is no existing online game that won't correct an imbalance such as this one. Most players (like me) won't get to the point where they can make even 1 extra pot. We also don't have the Sweetheart Shack and armies of alicorns. Until I started reading the forum I had no idea y'all could save up 1000's of energy, and it HURT. I was *scrambling* with my 40 energy every 2 hours! And conversely, you guys didn't know lower levels had easier event requirements, and were vexed when they finished events sooner, lol.

Watching y'all *repeatedly* post bragging about your results was very hurtful to the rest of us. I can see how you feel, but consider your impact on other players. It's hard not to be discouraged.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 03-28-19 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added apology and link to apology post

Executive Chef
    Well I didn't mind the friendly competition. Tho I didn't join in on it. We all play our own game the way we choose or what we are working toward. And I was sorry for the way it ended.
    S8 will come up with something else that will be hard to come by instead of gold. Notice how so much mithril is needed lately? Yea, they will balance out the game. I don't expect anything different.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Uh, you mean Wednesday, right? unless you are in Australia (?) or something? Events end Wednesday (6pm?) Pacific time, followed by weekday warrior. Which ends Thursday am before new event starts.

Watching y'all *repeatedly* post bragging about your results was very hurtful to the rest of us. I can see how you feel, but consider your impact on other players. It's hard not to be discouraged.
    I mean start crafting wednesday evening and collecting thursday morning. Events end at 2 AM on thursday morning for me, I normally hope to be asleep at that time. But since they changed the rules during the game, the point is moot. I will only be crafting two more pots in my second kingdom and they will be finished wednesday 11.30PM (I hope), so will be collecting before I go to bed. Weekday warrior starts thursday morning for me and ends thursday evening, so hearing about wednesdays always confuses me

I didn't mind the friendly competition either, I got 9 pots in my first kingdom with a lot of hard work and would have been perfectly content with 2-3 more and not 36. I know I won't be able to compete with players who have a gazillion energy droppers. And though it gets easier in time, I still have to work hard to reach the end goal in most events. I can understand that players who pay money for this game and play a lot longer than me can waltz though an event without any problems.

My problem was mostly with S8, they spoiled the fun...I'm going on strike for the next event, unless it's a monster hunt.
    Last edited by Andro45; 03-27-19 at 01:00 PM.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Fashion Designer
    Can anyone see how much it costs to purchase a golden clover in the workshop? I still have some in inventory so it's not showing the gem cost. I'm not sure I'll be able to collect all I need to make my final pot of gold.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    Can anyone see how much it costs to purchase a golden clover in the workshop? I still have some in inventory so it's not showing the gem cost. I'm not sure I'll be able to collect all I need to make my final pot of gold.
    They were 2 gems.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    They were 2 gems.
    Thank you. I really misjudged what supplies I needed. I have so many extras of the Lucky Coins and the Rainbow Thread even though I stopped collecting from them days ago. I took a break collecting the Golden Clovers at one point since I had so many extra, but my clovers couldn't keep up with demand once I boosted the workshops to speed the beams and blocks

Where do we find the rainbow cloud? Is it in the market or do we craft it? I have Liam walking around but can’t see anything about the rainbow cloud.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastycats View Post
    Where do we find the rainbow cloud? Is it in the market or do we craft it? I have Liam walking around but can?t see anything about the rainbow cloud.
    It is in your inventory after you finish the event

NM I figured it out. Typical S8 bull manure. So sorry to who got played. S8 makes mistakes, catches them too late and then pretends it all has been business as usual... LOL @you, S8.

I kept wondering why the pots of gold are not capped. It didn't make sense. Now it does. Sadly.
    Last edited by CharmOfLea; 03-27-19 at 04:48 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I couldn't play my first event until I was over level 15. (or do you mean level in the event?) I couldn't buy a cute event item last year until level 17, so I missed it by 12 hours. Initially I was not spending money except for two wizard schools (200 gems each) and quickly worked hard on leveling them up. It's the best energy in game (better than alicorns!) and that's why limit 2. PM me if you need low-level advice?

That's adorable. I might put out multiple rainbows and put a pot of gold at each.

As you said, the workshop was the bottleneck! After initial rounds I discovered I could chop just enough clover and gold for every round at the workshop. So I only maintained 100 of each, gold/clover. Which also made it trivial to get iron ore after the first use at 99.

YES!! I have been more pleased with my Emerald gnomes dropping Silver Ore. With Herman and other minks helping, I've gotten to 99 three times and made mithril. Woot! Only need 10 more mithril to open Salvatore, lol.

Idk how the drops will change (I still got some gold items after limit reduced to 8), but I wonder if the game will let you put out more than 8 after they are banked? I don't have much experience with S8 to know.

Guys, if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. There is no existing online game that won't correct an imbalance such as this one. Most players (like me) won't get to the point where they can make even 1 extra pot. We also don't have the Sweetheart Shack and armies of alicorns. Until I started reading the forum I had no idea y'all could save up 1000's of energy, and it HURT. I was *scrambling* with my 40 energy every 2 hours! And conversely, you guys didn't know lower levels had easier event requirements, and were vexed when they finished events sooner, lol.

I (respectfully) disagree. It's not "too good to be true". It has always been S8 policy in past to allow unlimited items unless specifically limited ahead of time (or should I say, Team Lava). Not sure what you mean by "there is no exisiting online game that won't correct an imbalance...." What imbalance? Either you choose to make extra, or you don't. I have made extras of other items, also extras in other S8 games, and there hasn't been a problem before. It's THEIR problem if no one thought of capping pots before the event went out, but it's NOT cool to penalize us for their "mistake".

Also, I personally don't choose to think "negatively" about peoples' posts, i.e. that they are "bragging". It's motivating to see what you can do if you play long enough/choose to spend real $. S8 has to make money to stay in business & support those whose choose NOT to pay at all, remember! The issue IMHO is that S8 is doing "mean"/thoughtless things that turn off their paying customer base. For instance, I have a budget for gaming and was happy to pay to play......until the advertising cut excessively into my 15 min of "unlimited" gameplay, and game issues like this after-the-fact pot limitation started cropping up.
    I have played a lot of online games in the past decade, and other developers have always reimbursed people when there were serious event issues, and simply made sure to cap items in events. I have never seen a change mid-event. That's inappropriate.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx