Thread: Null stuff?

Rhino Keeper

Null stuff?

I was watching ads and 3 times in a row received this pop up message: congratulations! 0 null object was added

What does it mean? What?s the point of watching ads if it gives me nothing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABCD0A8F-B47D-4A68-B4C4-D7CD680648EB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	50396

On a daily basis you can watch up to x amount of ads and you will get rewarded for that.
    Sometimes, something goes wrong with the system and they provide you with more ads than the ones they will actually reward you.
    Whenever you see that pop message, stop watching ads, because you have completed all the daily rewards and wait for another 24 hours to start watching new ads again.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    On a daily basis you can watch up to x amount of ads and you will get rewarded for that.
    Sometimes, something goes wrong with the system and they provide you with more ads than the ones they will actually reward you.
    Whenever you see that pop message, stop watching ads, because you have completed all the daily rewards and wait for another 24 hours to start watching new ads again.
    Something is odd. Since I got that null message, my game has no ads at all now. It’s been 2 days and no ads. I’ve tried delete/reinstall, but no go. Is this usual?

The ads' system behavior is strange most of the time. By watching several of the "null" ones, the token that resets your daily countdown for the new ads, probably messed up.
    So, I think that you have only to wait and in about couple of days from now you will be OK again.
    And when you ever seen a new "null" ad in the future, stop immediately to watch other ads since then, till the next day that you will have new ones.

Executive Chef
    To paraphrase S8s previous responses to this issue, the ads are random and no account is guaranteed to receive them. I've been lucky lately in that both of my DS and both of my Fantasy Forest accounts have been getting ads pretty much every day, but sometimes one or more accounts will just stop getting them for a while. However I haven't been lucky in what prizes I've been receiving- mostly useless coins over and over. I was on a lucky streak for a few days (this was a couple months back) where I got several Adventure Tickets, some maps, food, and dynamite or bombs - can't remember which.

Executive Chef
    my husband plays DS on his iphone and ipad=he gets 4-6 ads a day. insane amount of food and coin awarded. all sorts of deco and even gold. i play on android-i've never had an ad.
    i wonder if i switched my DS game to his ipad if i would get ads
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    It’s been DAYS now, I’ve lost count how many, since the ads stopped appearing in my game. Before that null message, I was getting ads every single day. I’m on iPad. I’m new to the game and need all the help from those ads but since they’re not appearing, I’m struggling to play

Should I report this over in the bugs threads?

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    my husband plays DS on his iphone and ipad=he gets 4-6 ads a day. insane amount of food and coin awarded. all sorts of deco and even gold. i play on android-i've never had an ad.
    i wonder if i switched my DS game to his ipad if i would get ads
    As far as I know, it was an iOS feature only and by the time S8 claimed that they added it for android users too, I can see ads to speed battles, but never received the full ads feature, as seen on iOS devices, on any of my android islands so far.
    If you switch your game to your husband iPad, it is very possible that you will be able to get ads, but it may needs some time to be appeared.
    The ads system is primarily "sticked" to the device ID and at he same time to the island's ID and your switch may interfere to the "normality" of the system for some days.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    It?s been DAYS now, I?ve lost count how many, since the ads stopped appearing in my game. Before that null message, I was getting ads every single day. I?m on iPad. I?m new to the game and need all the help from those ads but since they?re not appearing, I?m struggling to play

Should I report this over in the bugs threads?
    The official reply of S8 so far is exactly as mymonta posted some days ago: "The ads are random and no account is guaranteed to receive them". So, even if you report it over in the bugs threads, I am not sure if you will have another reply than that. You can always open a support ticket, asking S8 to check if everything is OK with your island.

Executive Chef
    Unfortunately, the video gods were reading this thread and decided that I no longer need videos on all my accounts. *sigh*