Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    Omg I about had a heart attack, could not remember seeing such a thing. After slugging through 300 pages of inventory I found 99 of the things. Here I thought I was doing such a good thing with this goal & all at once I thought I was going to have to give up over scales I didn't have & didn't know how to even start on getting them. I heart is still doing flip flops. Thank u, thank u a million times.

Hi. I need some help. I am in the hidden forest part II and I can not expand. I deleted 4 time the game some days before and today, and nothing happened. Do I expand another lot before? Please, I appreciate your help.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by paddock4 View Post
    Hi. I need some help. I am in the hidden forest part II and I can not expand. I deleted 4 time the game some days before and today, and nothing happened. Do I expand another lot before? Please, I appreciate your help.
    Page one is always the best place to go for this type of info - from post #3 on that page:

* Expand to the second forest totem 0/1 GO | Map reference A3: Expansion requirements - 30 spellbound dew, 25 newborn sprites, 8 forest compass, 21 forest blades. | To access this plot, you can expand to either B3 (one in front) or A4 (middle of the elephant and rhino)
    Reward: 1000 coin, 25 xp

Thank you Cavegirl. I could expand lot A3 and it’s already opened. Now, I have to work hard for forest blade and newborn sprites��

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I get Earth Wisps as well, but as I am maxed most of the time....

Edit: The Power of the post; he dropped a trade ticket!
    ShibuyaCloth - power of the post, too. I got a trade ticket with my last collection!
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    ShibuyaCloth - power of the post, too. I got a trade ticket with my last collection!

I need the power of the post too. My wooden sloth is stuck on earth wisps, which I'm ALWAYS maxed on. I keep all potential trade ticket/permit droppers in rotation, but I'm tempted to store this one and start saving that energy.

I'm currently collecting newborn sprites to finish part two, and I'm already dreading part three. I am grateful for main story, but I am weary of so much repetition. Waiting for sprites and vine nests is bringing back bad memories of Sinister...oops Sister Sister.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    To respond to several people:

WILLOW drop rates for vines bite. Very high recommend to get at least one wisp pet. Even one will let you get all you need for this quest line, and clear your excess willows next WW. Otherwise, wait for the WW and pre-prepare w dozens of fully grown willows. I did an energy savings calculation in an earlier post on this thread; average drops are roughly equivalent to 60 energy, 2x a day, 120 total; that is like 3 weekly alicorn collections, but every day. I purchased a second wisp pet. At 150 gems each, and using gems bought at discount, these guys seem absolutely superb purchases if you wish/are able to use some gems. My last collection from the two wisp pets yielded 6 vines, 6 essences, and one newborn sprite. Fabulous.

<...Snip>
    The Forest Vine drop rate from the Willow Trees have fallen to one Vine per tree; that's what I have been getting from the last twenty Willow trees I chopped. The drop rate I had when the storyline began was a respectable 1-3, and that was why we were quickly able to reach the storage limit during the last WW with just 40 to 50 Willows planted. With the current abysmal rate of one per tree, it's going to be more difficult, maybe impossible, to hit the limit with just 20 minutes of unlimited energy.

On a side note, does anyone know if the Willows drop Forest Vines in-between the parts of the Hidden Forest storyline? What I mean is that if I complete Part II and have not started on Part III, will I be able to chop Willows to get Forest Vines? I tried to collect from one of my Forest Wisp pets after I'd completed Part I and NOT yet started Part II, and it did not drop any of the items it was supposed to, just a handful of coins. But as soon as I began Part II, they immediately gave out the Essence, Vines, and Sprites. If the Willows and Wisp pets stop dropping their items in-between storyline parts, then it would be in our best interest to hold off the completion of each part till just an hour or so before the time runs out so we can maximize the collection of needed items.

Also, seeing that the Forest Wisp pets only dropped coins in-between story parts, does that mean that they'll be doing precisely that, i.e., just dropping coins, once we conclude this part of the main storyline

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I need the power of the post too. My wooden sloth is stuck on earth wisps, which I'm ALWAYS maxed on. I keep all potential trade ticket/permit droppers in rotation, but I'm tempted to store this one and start saving that energy.
    <Snip...>
    Keep your Workshops pumping out Wisp Lanterns for your expansions. Among them, my Workshops and Tinker Camp deliver 12 lanterns a day, using up the Earth Wisps as quickly as I collect them; though with the intensive workshop-centric event running now, only the Tinker Camp is producing the lanterns.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The Forest Vine drop rate from the Willow Trees have fallen to one Vine per tree; that's what I have been getting from the last twenty Willow trees I chopped. The drop rate I had when the storyline began was a respectable 1-3, and that was why we were quickly able to reach the storage limit during the last WW with just 40 to 50 Willows planted. With the current abysmal rate of one per tree, it's going to be more difficult, maybe impossible, to hit the limit with just 20 minutes of unlimited energy.
    I had to laugh when I read this. I wasn't on part II for the last WW and I am very happy with my progress using 4 willows so far. So I can't see myself planting 'just' 40 to 50 for the next WW

I hope I don't jinx myself but the drop rate of newborn sprites from fighting wisps has been very good for me lately, so I am happy with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    My drop rate was always under one per tree. : ( Due to random chance, different players get different experiences and different rates of drops of vines. Some have reported a one off of several at the beginning of the week event. That was a bus that sped by my stop. : )

Unfortunately, as you noted, the green wisp pet seems to subside into near uselessness in between, and one expects, after the event. It is saving me so much energy that I really don't mind *that* much - I of course would much prefer if they dropped 10,000 coins twice a day in between and after the quests, or gold nuggets, mithril, etc! : )
    Looks like I've just got there too. Chopped down two Willow trees and got absolutely nothing, nada

Oh! Wait, I did get Fangbeasts Two from one tree and one from the other, so it wasn't a complete waste of time