Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    It's gonna take me 2 weeks to gather ores for lanterns even with 4 wisp pets. Wow. Oh well they really manage to slow me down this time. At least I won't be battling any more wisps

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    It's gonna take me 2 weeks to gather ores for lanterns even with 4 wisp pets. Wow. Oh well they really manage to slow me down this time. At least I won't be battling any more wisps
    LOL, it took me a few weeks to finish Sabina, a few month for the mermaid. I wounder how long this will take. As I get my spirit from Ivy, it will be a sitting a while in my book. I just hope the overgrown bonus is doable without gemming around.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    LOL, it took me a few weeks to finish Sabina, a few month for the mermaid. I wounder how long this will take. As I get my spirit from Ivy, it will be a sitting a while in my book. I just hope the overgrown bonus is doable without gemming around.
    Without pets:
    # of ores needed = 45x20= 900
    # ores per collection = 6 (my average)
    Assuming 5 collections a day, # ores per day = 30
    # days to collect ores = 30 days

You have 45 days total to finish. I guess it's doable assuming the final tribute is not crazy.

Note: a wisp pet drops 4 ores per collection.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    For those that are having troubles expanding to the totems, be sure to try and tap on the totem expansion square at several different places (including different zoom levels) if it's not allowing you to expand. Sort of like we have to do if a monster gets stuck at the edge of our boards. This may not help everyone, but it may be of help for those that are sure they're clicking on the correct area beneath the yellow arrow and still not getting the pop up.

When I was expanding to the new totems, I had to really fiddle with my screen in order to get my game to recognize I was tapping on the square that housed a totem. It's not my device, it recognizes every other tap I make with accuracy and efficiency. It's not my game, haven't had any problems with the game not recognizing my taps to any other areas. It's only the squares that hold a totem that gave me this issue. I expanded to all the other Permit only squares, so it's not an issue of which order they should be done in, either. I only had the issue once the game specifically told me to go to the totem square and the yellow arrow appeared above it. Personally, I think it's either because the squares are so near the edge of our land or it's something to do with them housing the totems.

Either way, when I wanted to give items to the expansions in question, I had to zoom in and out while tapping around every millimeter of land in that square like I was playing minesweeper. I still haven't figured out the exact right angle I have to hit the dang square at to open it, lol. I just tap like a maniac and it eventually opens to show the requirements pop up.
    for you to expand to the rhino, which plot did you expand to first? the one to the right of the rhino or the one between the elephant and the rhino? i ask because EP are short for me. so i can't do both
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Expanding to the plot in front of the Rhino will make it available to expand to.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Expanding to the plot in front of the Rhino will make it available to expand to.
    so A4 (the one between the rhino and elephant won't work)?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    Anyone have any tips on how to expand to the second totem. The goal comes up and there is a yellow arrow pointing to the square to expand, but the square never opens. All I get is the black banner indicating to expand to this area. Looks like another programming error. Even the forced close trick doesn?t help my problem.
    Mine doesn't even have a box/yellow arrow pointing to it. It doesn't show I can expand to it. On the plus side I got my overgrown house.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so A4 (the one between the rhino and elephant won't work)?
    Not sure. All I know is that one worked 100%.

A4 is working . I expanded there.

Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Wow you're even having worse drop rate than me. My drop rate is more like 1, 0, 1, 1, 3, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1,1,4 so on, averaging a little better than 1 per tree

I'm waiting for WW. I expect one today. I'll have to do some major packing to make room for 100 willows
    I am incredibly LUCKY if I get ONE per tree!
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom