Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Part 1 goals and dialogue complete now. I'll start on inventory posts soon when I get time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    You can Purchase it with gems at any time.
    I know, but I was asking if we could earn one (meaning receive it as a reward from a goal, so it’s free) like we could last time for the yellow Wisp

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so part 2 (which has a 30 day timer for the overgrown building) will start once we finish part 1 (even if that is in 3 weeks)
    Goal for The Hidden Forest (Part 2) states - "Pressing "Go" begins the next chapter and also starts a limited time quest to win an Overgrown building!" It reads like the goal will only start when we want to start it , then the timer will start. Mine hasn't started as I haven't pressed go.

I hope this is actually the case for all of us.

Fashion Designer
    I wondered if maybe the 30 day part 2 works a bit like the 10 day Storybooks do? So you press “Go” when you are ready to start the timer, but this only applies for a limited time, so if after that limited time you haven’t pressed Go then it could auto-start anyway. You can often delay starting a Storybook by a few days, so for this it could be a few days beyond the 7 days allowed for part 1 or it could be a few weeks maybe. Or it could just be at the end of the 7 days set for part 1, so that there is a straight follow on for the auto-start.
    Last edited by GC5410; 03-09-19 at 05:35 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    I wondered if maybe the 30 day part 2 works a bit like the 10 day Storybooks do? So you press “Go” when you are ready to start the timer, but this only applies for a limited time, so if after that limited time you haven’t pressed Go then it could auto-start anyway.
    This is storyline related, so there won't be an auto start IMO. The same applied to some other storyline extensions in the past (Mermosea pets).
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    This is storyline related, so there won't be an auto start IMO. The same applied to some other storyline extensions in the past (Mermosea pets).
    Sorry, I don’t remember what limited time element there was the getting the Marmosea pets.

EDIT: Oh...I remember the Mermaid Mayhem boosts to get the brew potions for Pink Aquanther (and the extras from the 24 hour goals gave items you could also use towards the Marmosea pets). Yes, these 24 hour goals didn’t auto-start, so hopefully that will also be the case for the new 30 day part 2. Although for Mermaid Mayhem the limited timed goals helped get extra items, so that you could get everything done quicker, but even if you didn’t do any of the goals in time you still moved on and got everything eventually, just at a slower rate, so you didn’t ultimately miss out on any items (pets). Whereas for this part 2 it says if you don’t complete within 30 days then you completely miss out on getting the overgrown building (although you’d still be able to do everything else), so it’s slightly different. Sorry if that’s not the storyline part you were referring to, but that’s all I could think of.

I suppose part 1 having a 7 day timed element is a bit like an autostart since it’s right at the beginning and there was no way to delay it starting, so although if you miss the first 7 days you can still complete the storyline element, you miss out on getting the overgrown farmhouse.

The Search for Sabina was storyline related and again although there was no limit to complete the storyline element, you did have to complete part 1 in 7 days if you want to get the Wisp (with no choice to delay the start). Parts 2, 3 and 4 then just followed on though with no time limited element, so although that’s the closet format to Hidden Forest that I can think of, it still didn’t have this every part timed element to it.

I’m hoping part 2 never auto-starts and everyone can do it in their own time and not miss out on extra buildings
    Last edited by GC5410; 03-09-19 at 07:24 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the calc for the forest wisp purchase. I bought mine

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by laudenum View Post
    Goal for The Hidden Forest (Part 2) states - "Pressing "Go" begins the next chapter and also starts a limited time quest to win an Overgrown building!" It reads like the goal will only start when we want to start it , then the timer will start. Mine hasn't started as I haven't pressed go.

I hope this is actually the case for all of us.
    Could you let us know whether the white trillium spawn the forest wisps when you are in between the 2 parts? And whether Ivy still drops the newborn sprite? I am wondering whether you can stock up on those supplies before triggering the 30 day clock.

Fashion Designer
    Just got something cool from Salvatore so I checked his inventory card. Post it here to cheer you all up (I'm sure the drop rate is tiny)
    He also drops earth wisps and lantern.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5CE8C2C-31EA-4B18-AE93-F59FFA519508.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	50398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EAE9E50-ED8D-4864-BEEA-BCF6D3B07A8D.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	50399

Ps: the actual average vine drop is about 1 per tree so 15 energy.
    The trade in the sloth statue remains so maybe buying multiple forest wisps will provide supply to do this 20000 coins trade often? For this reason I believe wisp will continue to spawn and Ivy's will drop newborn even in between parts.

Attachment 50373
    Last edited by Melany77; 03-09-19 at 09:10 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Just got something cool from Salvatore so I checked his inventory card. Post it here to cheer you all up (I'm sure the drop rate is tiny)
    He also drops earth wisps and lantern.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5CE8C2C-31EA-4B18-AE93-F59FFA519508.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	50398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EAE9E50-ED8D-4864-BEEA-BCF6D3B07A8D.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	50399

Ps: the actual average vine drop is about 1 per tree so 15 energy.
    The trade in the sloth statue remains so maybe buying multiple forest wisps will provide supply to do this 20000 coins trade often? For this reason I believe wisp will continue to spawn and Ivy's will drop newborn even in between parts.

Attachment 50373
    I love the character of Salvatore and found myself wondering why it's taken so long to get a sloth in this game! Apparently it's an animal I was missing but didn't know it. I also like that he matches my Woodland Bear so nicely. Finally got a partner for that ugly/cute pet that's been so lonesome til now, lol.

My Salvatore dropped:
    1st collection: $1,000 + 2 Earth Wisps
    2nd collection: $1,000 + Spellbound Dew
    3rd collection: $1,000 + 1 Trade Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Attachment 50400Attachment 50401

It does not show up as I made one
    Mine didn't show either. I figure I've got to make another. Do you think this is an error?