Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Host(ess)
    Anyone have any tips on how to expand to the second totem. The goal comes up and there is a yellow arrow pointing to the square to expand, but the square never opens. All I get is the black banner indicating to expand to this area. Looks like another programming error. Even the forced close trick doesn’t help my problem.
    Last edited by wyly; 03-13-19 at 08:10 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Wow you're even having worse drop rate than me. My drop rate is more like 1, 0, 1, 1, 3, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1,1,4 so on, averaging a little better than 1 per tree

I'm waiting for WW. I expect one today. I'll have to do some major packing to make room for 100 willows
    I used all of my stored alicorns for chopping willows and have still only been able to make 3 swords. My drop rate is usually 1 for every 3 willows chopped. That?s a ton of energy and no reward. Plus, we need to place them (takes 4 squares) and grow them before the 10 chop. Ugh!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Wow you're even having worse drop rate than me. My drop rate is more like 1, 0, 1, 1, 3, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1,1,4 so on, averaging a little better than 1 per tree

I'm waiting for WW. I expect one today. I'll have to do some major packing to make room for 100 willows
    I have a horrible feeling that because we are all waiting for it, there won't be one. Technically we are in the middle of story goals and WW normally come at the end of events. I really hope that I have wrong seeing as I now have about 70 trees waiting to chop!!!

Host(ess)
    There’s a slight loophole in the transition from part 1 to part 2 that can be taken advantage of, for those trying to get the overgrown buildings but worried about time:

Once you start the second acidien tribute in part 1, the timed goal completes and you get your farmhouse. But you’re not actually done with part 1, so you can still get items associated to these quests. (I don’t have a forest wisp so I can’t confirm that it drops things, but
    I definitely got a baby sprite from Ivy’s). As far as I can tell, you can stay in this state indefinitely, gradually accumulating the sprites and essence, until you have a good stockpile and are ready to proceed to the willow-bashing part 2.

Then, once you are ready, you collect from the tribute craft, and get Salvatore. You then still have the option to delay further from starting part 2 officially, while you let Salvatore get ready for his first drop, and you plant willows.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    Technically we are in the middle of story goals and WW normally come at the end of events. I really hope that I have wrong
    Good question. WW didn't exist when Search for Sabina (new main storyline) came out last year. The thing is ... are you really "in the middle"? The only end date is the 7-day rush prize: the overgrown buildings.

For most of us, part 1 will be sitting on our list until 35 mithril etc come along. Presumably WW wouldn't be cancelled forever. This mess is now part of the main story.

At this point, chopping the willows etc should be no different than chopping anemones or lilium trees or whatever is needed for main quests?

I don't know. Did Storm8 announce it? Otherwise, I guess we'll find out tonight!
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    Anyone have any tips on how to expand to the second totem. The goal comes up and there is a yellow arrow pointing to the square to expand, but the square never opens. All I get is the black banner indicating to expand to this area. Looks like another programming error. Even the forced close trick doesn?t help my problem.
    Have you finished all the goals in your book for Part II? Expanding isn't until goal 6 of Part II according to page 1.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Have you finished all the goals in your book for Part II? Expanding isn't until goal 6 of Part II according to page 1.
    I did (too), they autocompleted. But no idea which way to expand too
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-13-19 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added quote and removed your next duplicate post. Pm me to learn how to quote posts. SW

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyly View Post
    Anyone have any tips on how to expand to the second totem. The goal comes up and there is a yellow arrow pointing to the square to expand, but the square never opens. All I get is the black banner indicating to expand to this area. Looks like another programming error. Even the forced close trick doesn’t help my problem.
    I had this in my second kingdom, you have to open the plot to the right of the first totem and underneath the second totem. Then it will open up the second totem plot.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    I had this in my second kingdom, you have to open the plot to the right of the first totem and underneath the second totem. Then it will open up the second totem plot.
    Is it the one which needs 5 permits, or the one with 6? Do you remember?

Farm Supplier
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B979D71-62EF-4152-BE16-81917CF75C8C.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	289.1 KB 
ID:	50518

Sorry if this has been asked before...... which plot of land should I expand to get to the rhino? There are three surrounding it that I can expand but I don?t want to choose the wrong one.