Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so started part 3. did goals 1-6. got to goal 7 where it said gather compasses, blades, lantern & expand to A5. however, it won't let me. it only gives me the options for A4 or B6. I have expanded to B5 already. is the reason I can't get to A5 because i haven't made 10 lanterns & only 1? if so, why is it directing me there already? that makes no sense. it has a check mark next to the goal of making lanterns (i can only assume it said 1 since that is all i have made) (i had already made all 10 compasses & blades)
    I had the same problem as not being able to expand to the elephant. I have all the requirements checked off too except for expanding but nothing there to tap when I tried.
    After a force close though, the ability to expand there was available.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by weebluemoth View Post
    May I suggest: instead of chopping willows now, start planting/growing as many as you can (and store as many buildings as you can temporarily spare to make room for as many willows as possible.) Plan to chop them all during the next Weekday Warrior. You can stockpile as many as 100 vines, and 50 trees can yield well over 50 vines. (Make sure you leave a monster out in your kingdom somewhere so your trees don't spawn other monsters while you chop. And make sure that monster is well away from all your willows.)

It takes 5 energy to grow each tree, but this way the chopping is "free" (instead of 15 energy per tree, you spend only 5 per tree.) If you chop as soon as possible when weekday warrior begins, you should have enough time to grow more trees before starting the second 10 minutes of unlimited energy.
    I did this and it worked perfectly! Thankyou! I was able to finish part 2 and get the tower with literally 8 hours to go, without spending any gems!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Disrupting decor for events or quests - messy, I know, but strategic. : ) My vine rate was less than one per tree and I gave up.

Forest wisp pets, even one, take ALL the sweat out of this quest line. **Earlier posts here in this thread has the math.** Bottom line, 2x a day collection more or less equivalent to 60 energy per forest wisp pet (1-3 forest wisp essence, 1-3 vines, plus newborn sprites as bonuses). That's one and a half weekly alicorns - PER DAY. That's roughly the equivalent of 10.5 weekly alicorns per week of use. 150 gems full price for the pet is waaaaaay cheaper than 10 alicorns at 600 gems each (150 v 6000 gems)!! !! !! !!!!! : ) (97.5% discount) : )

Plus the acceleration of ore collection. Plus the utility of these pets afterwards for the coin reward tributes.

Even one pet means you may completely abandon all willow and/or trillium whacking, and you still complete this questline in full. Unless you want to wade through the trillium or willows to accelerate your timeline further. : )

I bought 3 so far (roughly 31.5 weekly alicorn equivalent - on three spaces! A spacesaver too! And a subtle work-around for the 99 alicorn cap, relevant for some players.). : ) Am saving in game gems for a fourth wisp pet. Might do the max of 5, some players have. I note that no one I am aware of has posted any regret whatsoever on their purchase.

Not everyone can afford even the fairly low price (relative to other purchases) of a wisp pet. There are free gem offers up to the right if you are willing/able to put in the work. Either way, you may wish to consider getting gems on sale or free, and getting yourself one or more of these little green beauties.
    To finish part 2 I followed the advice of weebluemoth so it was completely free for me to finish however, I decided to spnd some hoarded gems to get a wisp to help for part 3!! First drop was so good! It was reading your post that convinced me to take the plunge so thankyou! Still going to grow willows for the next WW just in case though! Lol
    On another question, is there any reason to keep the field of white, blue, and yellow flowers out, after completing that part? I put out a field not knowing but only needed to collect once from each colour for that part? Not sure now if I can put them away?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I had the same problem as not being able to expand to the elephant. I have all the requirements checked off too except for expanding but nothing there to tap when I tried.
    After a force close though, the ability to expand there was available.
    had you made 20 lanterns? or just the one?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so started part 3. did goals 1-6. got to goal 7 where it said gather compasses, blades, lantern & expand to A5. however, it won't let me. it only gives me the options for A4 or B6. I have expanded to B5 already. is the reason I can't get to A5 because i haven't made 10 lanterns & only 1? if so, why is it directing me there already? that makes no sense. it has a check mark next to the goal of making lanterns (i can only assume it said 1 since that is all i have made) (i had already made all 10 compasses & blades)
    I looked at this more closely today. Last night when I responded it was really, really late. (Insomnia). I understand why you're perplexed about not being able to expand to A5. It seems to me that because you have B5 open, you should be able to. B6 makes no sense at all.
    Have you tried the force close? I'm assuming you have.
    And also A4 is to the right of A5. Not left. Whew! But I'm still wondering if you need that one opened as well. Keep us posted.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I looked at this more closely today. Last night when I responded it was really, really late. (Insomnia). I understand why you're perplexed about not being able to expand to A5. It seems to me that because you have B5 open, you should be able to. B6 makes no sense at all.
    Have you tried the force close? I'm assuming you have.
    And also A4 is to the right of A5. Not left. Whew! But I'm still wondering if you need that one opened as well. Keep us posted.
    i've had a phone update since and had to restart my phone twice for the updates= so above and beyond the force close (which i do at least once a day b/c if i don't the game will do it for me anyways as i try to asnwer all the requests i get). i'll just keep on making my 20 lanterns and general wisp lanterns for expansion & see what happens as it gets closer. i'm 2 days in & thanks to some timely collections (which were completely thrown off tonight thanks to regular life) i've made two forest lanterns. so i should more than make it in time for the cottage. but i'm also trying to collect enough stamps & work on glimmergate & part 2 of sabina. (*of course all this along side regular life in general-its a good thing i don't sleep much)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Yay! Wisp pets! : ) You are v welcome. : )

Growing willows can't go amiss for a WW. : )

The white, blue and yellow flowers needed only one stroke each and can be put away. I think page 1 has the details.
    wish pets were a fantastic investment especially being able to keep doing the final tribute without extra work (with limited daily energy droppers). other than the sawmills and mines & my wisp pets (spawning a wisp DOES NOT give you ore FYI=tried w/ a trap & via flower), i have been able to make a lantern every day. now that is obviously depentdent on life not interfereing (like it did tonight-but dressing up w/ hubby for our anniversary for a free fancy dinner was nice). but even if i drop to less than 1 lantern a day (because i am still maxed on vines and wisps & sprites), i should be on track to getting the cottage. i agree the farmhouse is out of proportion, but i really like the look of the watchtower.

Rhino Keeper
    Hidden Forest part 3, goal 7 : it's written : "Clear any other monster off your board"
    Does this mean you have to clear your board from monster before you can expand A5 or you can go further even with a Monster ?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Inachis2V View Post
    Hidden Forest part 3, goal 7 : it's written : "Clear any other monster off your board"
    Does this mean you have to clear your board from monster before you can expand A5 or you can go further even with a Monster ?
    You need to clear the monster because goal 8 is prepare a Tribute that when you collect it, it spawns a monster to defeat.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    You need to clear the monster because goal 8 is prepare a Tribute that when you collect it, it spawns a monster to defeat.
    Thanks !!!