Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    You get both
    Attachment 50439
    So any new space you achieve by expanding is taken up by both statues?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    So any new space you achieve by expanding is taken up by both statues?
    Totem: 2x2
    Spirit: 2x1
    Plot: 4x4

So you still have space left (10 tiles) to put other things. But you can also store both totem and spirit. Which I would not do for the former!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    We're all feeling pretty disheartened with this latest twist in the goal. It may prove to be pointless but I've decided to stop wasting my hard earned energy on this fruitless quest until we hear from s8 later today. I'm hoping that once they get into the office and check in that they'll do something about the abysmal situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan1brothers View Post
    their plan backfired a bit ...see s8s recent mo for each new storyline is to give people a timed prize so they get invested in starting it and then let them slog through the rest ...... this one was too advanced for people

the part of the problem is the assumption that most of the player base is 1 lvl 50 and 2 have piles of materials in their inventory when that's not the case
    I think you guys are being way too generous in your perception of how much time and attention S8 spends on worrying about whether this game is working for players or not. Look in the upper right corner of your Castle Story game board. I count nearly 20 games that S8 runs - I don't think they are worried about CS very much.
    Last edited by robotparade; 03-11-19 at 09:53 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    I managed to expand to the rhino spirit. The next step requires a tribute of gold items (3 golden eggs and 3 golden nuggets plus some coins) to spawn the rhino to fight (199 hits). Then another tribute is needed: 10 forest wisp essences, 35 dragon scales, and wait for it 30 newborn sprites.

I'm tired of fighting endless wisps with little success. I'm gonna wait for Ivy and my wisp pets to do the work.

Attachment 50421
    I find the last tidbit of information completely defeated me.. 30 new born spirits... the only place I?m getting these is from Ivy?s.. no extras from defeating endless... endless ...endless ...wisps

Executive Chef
    One positive side of the goals is that it has incentivized (latest catch word in the news cycle) me to expand. I couldn't pass up the discounts.
    Now I'll stop for a bit to restock my lanterns. I'm down to 5. Maybe by the time I get back up to 90 , I'll have a dozen or two of the wisp essences. (The yellow ones) Hah. Ridiculous.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    No, if you paid 12 lanterns (discounted from 24), but the discount ends, you have to pay the difference, hence 12 extra lanterns. So your initial investment is not lost, but you don't gain anything from the discount. The discount only apply if you can pay the whole plot, not just pieces of it.

Now most players that can progress in this storyline are pretty advanced (like me), thus will not see this discount. It is just meant for those that are 1 plot away from the storyline.
    Clear. Looks like I misunderstood things (from another thread sometimes in the past).
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    Clear. Looks like I misunderstood things (from another thread sometimes in the past).
    When there were expansion discounts before, I gave the coins and lanterns but didn’t have enough permits to finish all of them. After the discount ended, what I gave wasn’t counted and I needed to give full amount again. So beware how it might work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    same timer as for hidden forest part one building prize timer. It says 4 days, which means 3 and a bit. : )
    So the reduced cost for expansions on plots A4, A6 and B4 will end in the next 3-4 days???

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Don?t shoot the messenger! ; )

I am not 100% certain, only 95%. I won?t be able to get them all myself. But I am tryin?! : ) I am angling for my second one now. No way will I get all 3. At least I get a discounted one or two out of it. When shoes go on sale, I can?t get a pair of all the ones I might want either. There will be another sale down the road. It would help me to remember to keep a bunch of expansion permits, yellow wisp essences and lanterns of all sorts in stock, that?s all. It is the expansion permits that are toughest for me, so I will stock up on them the most. : )
    I am so sorry, my tone was one of excitement and disappointment that there are only a few days left for the reduced expansions, it was not directed at you ☺️

Can anyone please verify the time limit on the reduced expansions?

Also, I completely agree with you it is time to stock up on expansion permits, wisp lanterns, explorer permits and all that good stuff. And I would say that is great advice to all players =)
    Last edited by neise36; 03-11-19 at 04:08 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I did ask earlier but haven?t seen a reply. So reading bits of posts since, is the end time for the reduced expansions the same as the timed event for part 1 that gives the overgrown farmhouse? So we watch that timer?