Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Waddle I Do? - 2019 Feb 26 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    I am quite surprised that no one brought this up yet, or maybe someone did and I just did not notice going through 5 pages of comments.... But is everyone ok with the size of the Icy Column, which is sooooooo tiny that it does not actually look like a column, but more like a fid. Is it possible to resize it for us, Storm8, and still make it occupy only 1 x 1 space? Thanks in advance!
    I came on here specifically to laugh derisively at the shoulder high stack of non-cube ice cubes "column" and big surprise--I'm not the first...quite the architectural feat. So "impressed".... :-(
    Last edited by callmetired; 03-07-19 at 06:15 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I totally agree! Both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story were about DECORATING your place. You 'cooked' in order to earn coins, bought or earned gems - all for the purpose of decorating your bakery or restaurant. Weekly updates provided ample of new decor items. It all has changed about 2 years ago. New decor is now introduced only as part of a goal. The most recent goal format requires players to work as part collecting monkeys. Even when I feel it is time to change the decor because of another holiday coming, or just a seasonal change, I hardly find myself motivated to do so... because all my energy goes to building new appliances. Also, I am not excited to use the same items I used over and over for several years in a row... it is getting BORING!
    Decorating has always been the point of playing, not repetitive work-arounds like cook/dump or buying recycled items to get by. Just spinning your wheels with nothingness. Cooking junky low-yield recipes on therefore junk ovens for junky decor.

Grand Emperor
    I am quite surprised that no one brought this up yet, or maybe someone did and I just did not notice going through 5 pages of comments.... But is everyone ok with the size of the Icy Column, which is sooooooo tiny that it does not actually look like a column, but more like a fid. Is it possible to resize it for us, Storm8, and still make it occupy only 1 x 1 space? Thanks in advance!
    I've passed in a request for them to make it bigger.

Executive Chef
    This is exactly it @ mikepastry - You cooked because it was fun..... you earned your coin this way and you earned your gems this way. Goals were a nice side earner but they weren’t the whole game. Weekly updates with new items so we could redecorate and a new recipe were so much fun and much less stress. I would make sure I had my gems bought every week (I never relied on the gems I earned because I didn’t speed through cooking I took my time and enjoyed the cooking) before the update so I could buy what I wanted when the update hit. I couldn’t tell you the last time I bought gems. I only pop in and out of my games now - to redecorate for the seasons - the odd time I’ll participate in the goals, I never finish them, not enough active neighbours playing anymore. So all the new decor is shaded out in my design tabs because it’s all goal decor, decor I would have gladly bought gems for. For a long time I tried to keep up with the goals but that is only possible if I’m willing to live in these games, which I’m not because I have a life to live in the real world. It is a testament to how great these games once were that I still come back at all after all these years, always hoping things have gone back to how they used to be but turning everything into a competition and constantly racing against the clock is not for me. There’s no fun in that. I miss the old games, cook, gift, earn, buy, decorate, visit a neighbour all at your own leisure. I feel like I’m force fed the games now. It’s a shame.

In response to the below post by mikepastry; don’t know why my original post didn’t keep mikepastry’s quote.

I totally agree! Both Restaurant Story and Bakery Story were about DECORATING your place. You 'cooked' in order to earn coins, bought or earned gems - all for the purpose of decorating your bakery or restaurant. Weekly updates provided ample of new decor items. It all has changed about 2 years ago. New decor is now introduced only as part of a goal. The most recent goal format requires players to work as part collecting monkeys. Even when I feel it is time to change the decor because of another holiday coming, or just a seasonal change, I hardly find myself motivated to do so... because all my energy goes to building new appliances. Also, I am not excited to use the same items I used over and over for several years in a row... it is getting BORING!
    Last edited by AuntyRose32; 03-07-19 at 12:41 PM.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    Ha, my places are NOT ice themed (it's nearly Spring, get a calendar!) but I put the Penguin Pals in my water park area. I imagine the conversation they're having... "Hey, where the heck are we??!!" "I dunno, but it's hot and I'm starving--and how come these little ponds have no fish in them?"
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 03-08-19 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate words

Nightclub Owner
    This week's iOS Value Pack:

The Baseball Penguin is a 1x1 floor deco, originally released as an LTO on January 06, 2012.

I'll be honest folks, I've no idea what the original pricing on this item was! I wasn't playing daily or keeping my detailed inventory back then and it's hard to scrounge up the exact info retroactively.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03-08-2019 Value Pack.jpg 
Views:	1197 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	50395

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    This week's iOS Value Pack:

The Baseball Penguin is a 1x1 floor deco, originally released as an LTO on January 06, 2012.

I'll be honest folks, I've no idea what the original pricing on this item was! I wasn't playing daily or keeping my detailed inventory back then and it's hard to scrounge up the exact info retroactively.

Name:	03-08-2019 Value Pack.jpg 
Views:	1197 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	50395

Not sure if I want the item though.

If anyone does have picture, can post picture please? I know this is 1x1 item however I would like to see the how tall of the Penguin. And see if worth, in my opinion.
    Last edited by kappy333; 03-10-19 at 02:17 PM.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Not sure if I want the item though.

If anyone does have picture, can post picture please? I know this is 1x1 item however I would like to see the how tall of the Penguin. And see if worth, in my opinion.
    I've placed it beside a standard character, table, chair and counter for perspective.

Name:	0013414.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	50416

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've placed it beside a standard character, table, chair and counter for perspective.

Name:	0013414.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	50416
    Thank you so much !!! The comperision is helpful for me.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by callmetired View Post
    I laughed so loud I scared the cat!

It IS nasty-looking food for the most part. Either amorphous brown turds on a sheet pan, vats of festering swill (as I've described it way too many times) or dog vomit served on larva (maybe rice?). Yeah, we'd all be skinny if real food looked that way.
    Love, love, loved this comment, you made my day! ROFL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast