Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Waddle I Do? - 2019 Feb 26 (15 Days)

Quote Originally Posted by Evamegg View Post
    Hi I'm new to this game and am very confused. How do I serve a penguin ice? It says to use the collectibles page to build something. I don't understand.... how do I do any of this? And is this an oven or something I buy and ask for materials? Help please and thanks
    Hi! Serving The PENGUIN ICE is absolutely a typo (as in pic attached ). It should read "build" not "serve".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1551423371013.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	50279
    When you prepare & cook the required dishes, parts to help build the goal appliances will drop at random which are then stored in the collectables tab. Just make sure you are choosing the matching part needed to complete the appliance yoy are building.
    You also need to make sure you are accepting the required parts for the appliances you're currently building. Don't forget to request parts needed which there is a tab located when you tap on an unbuilt appliances.
    I hope this helps... Feel free to send me a friend request, my ID is SBDOVER72
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Evamegg View Post
    Hi I'm new to this game and am very confused. How do I serve a penguin ice? It says to use the collectibles page to build something. I don't understand.... how do I do any of this? And is this an oven or something I buy and ask for materials? Help please and thanks
    As SBDOVER said, the Serve is a typo as the Penguin Ice is a cooking Appliance that acts like every other oven in the game. For each new goal, I do a complete write up and post it at the beginning of the thread. If you look over this first post, I try to include whether or not an item is a recipe, deco, etc. in the goals to help new players. Also, at the very bottom of the first post is a spoiler tag that if pressed will show an image of every new item in the goal so you can look an see what type of item the Penguin Ice is (appliance) and what it looks like (a melting ice cube).

In general:
    Collectibles are something that are always in the game and have been from almost the beginning. Outside of timed events, there are four different Collections we can complete for extra rewards. Details on that can be found here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...l=1#post757846

During a 15 Day Goal:
    There will be four temporary new collectibles added to that section of the game only for the duration of the event. These limited time Collectibles can only be acquired by cooking the recipes on the two new goal appliances. The limited time Collectibles will not give you extra coins or gems but instead give you parts used to build the new goal appliances.

Example:
    So, for this current goal whenever you cook any of the new recipes on the Penguin Ice Appliance or the Penguin Server Appliance you will see little images of stones randomly drop. As you can see below, there are four different types of stone needed to collect. (Each goal gets a new set of collectibles that match the theme so the stone is specific to this penguin goal.)

Once you've collected at least one of each item, hit the REDEEM button and you will get 1 of whichever part is shown directly above it. In the example shown, redeeming the collection will give a player 1 Penguin Treat that will wait in your storage until it can be used to build the Penguin Ice Appliance.

Tips:
    Tip 1: Keep in mind the total number of Collectibles is cumulative. (After trading in a set of stones for the Penguin Treat, the number of each stone shown will go down by one. Not just for the Penguin Treat shown but for every other part (Crested Penguin, King Penguin and Emporer Penguin) in the Collectibles tab as well.

Tip 2: Sometimes, it may look like you still have enough stones to trade in for another appliance part but the game will say you don't. This is because it takes the game a minute to refresh your new totals after redeeming a collectible.

Tip 3: Once the event ends the Collectibles disappear from the menu so it's best to trade in all your collectibles for parts before this time or they will be lost forever.

The entire system is merely to help players accumulate the parts needed to build the goal appliances faster. The goal appliances can still be built like regular appliances via requesting parts from neighbors and receiving parts as daily gifts. Since they've raised the number of parts needed for the new appliances, they added the collectible system to pad the difference.

It can be confusing to newer players but I hope SB and I explained it with enough detail to help a little. If not, feel free to post any follow up questions until you find a suitable answer.

Seeing many newer players are struggling with this concept, I'm thinking perhaps I'll make up a little how-to guide focusing on event collectibles to add to each goal post...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	50281
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 03-01-19 at 11:33 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by minxys_ View Post
    is anyone else starting to lose interest ever since the new goal format? way too many cooking and parts.. it feels to me like it has become a chore rather then a fun game I would play as a hobby. can anyone relate???
    Too many parts. Too few servings. I used to build lots of the appliances especially when the food was cute or colorful. No more. These goals are NOT FUN and many of my neighbors have left the game.

Love the theme, Penguins rule!

Hate logging in every hour to cook almost 600 servings of ugly food. But I gotta have that dang Penguin prize.

The names of the new dishes are disturbing.

Most of the food in RS is brown & disgusting. If my only choice in real life was brown food I'd be a size 2 instead of a 2X LOL

I don't know why, but I don't picture Storm8 as the traditional company in an office building. I've always pictured a small group of off the charts brilliant college age kids in one of their Mama's basements. Spelling doesn't count. I probably watch too much TV

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddy30103 View Post
    Love the theme, Penguins rule!

Hate logging in every hour to cook almost 600 servings of ugly food. But I gotta have that dang Penguin prize.

The names of the new dishes are disturbing.

Most of the food in RS is brown & disgusting. If my only choice in real life was brown food I'd be a size 2 instead of a 2X LOL
    I laughed so loud I scared the cat!

It IS nasty-looking food for the most part. Either amorphous brown turds on a sheet pan, vats of festering swill (as I've described it way too many times) or dog vomit served on larva (maybe rice?). Yeah, we'd all be skinny if real food looked that way.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by minxys_ View Post
    is anyone else starting to lose interest ever since the new goal format? way too many cooking and parts.. it feels to me like it has become a chore rather then a fun game I would play as a hobby. can anyone relate???
    Yeah the side goal is insane. They did a similar one months back but I figured the negative comments was enough to stop it. This one here is the worst Ive done in my 3 plus years of playing.

Host(ess)
    Anyone having trouble buying floor decor at end of part 4? There's no buy or che k mark. Bought an item but it does not show up anywhere. Can't proceed with next part.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by suniaz View Post
    Anyone having trouble buying floor decor at end of part 4? There's no buy or che k mark. Bought an item but it does not show up anywhere. Can't proceed with next part.
    Are you sure you purchased a new item and not just placed an item you already had in storage? I did not have a problem with this step. I had to place the item I already had, in order to buy another new one.

Host(ess)
    Thx, that was my problem. Looked at one but tapped another

Quote Originally Posted by callmetired View Post
    I laughed so loud I scared the cat!

It IS nasty-looking food for the most part. Either amorphous brown turds on a sheet pan, vats of festering swill (as I've described it way too many times) or dog vomit served on larva (maybe rice?). Yeah, we'd all be skinny if real food looked that way.
    Your description of the food is perfect! Some of the dishes look more appetizing after they have been cooked to long and have rotted. But I'm addicted, I'm in my 4th or 5th year of play. Can't really remember when I started.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast