Thread: Would you be interested in a paid version of Bakery Story?

Rhino Keeper

Would you be interested in a paid version of Bakery Story?

I asked this same question over in the RS forums...

I've thought for a long time how much better these games, RS/BS, would be if there was a paid version. I've played for 6 years and spent thousands of dollars on them, whether deliberately or by falling into the carefully constructed gem traps.

Maybe a flat fee per month, a one-time sizable investment, I'm curious what ideas could surface from the clever minds of my fellow players.

Never. I have never spent a dime on this game and never will. I have been playing for at least 8 yrs.

Executive Chef
    I did the lengthy explanation over in the RS thread (for those interested in my full reasoning and ideas) but it's late and my fingers are tired of typing so BS is getting a quickie answer:

Yes, I would gladly pay for the apps but only if it guaranteed new weekly content like the apps used to. At this point, there is very little I wouldn't do if only we got some creativity back in these games! I know that lots of players are content with the games as they are now but having played from the beginning, the state of things now is nothing less than sad. If money is what it takes to get the games out of this goal only, recycle heavy rut then I would gladly pay.

Rhino Keeper
    I would hate a paid version. I would never spend money on this or any game, no matter how much I liked it.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, IF it put an end to the gem traps AND the goals gave you more time to complete them (like a month or whatever) AND they'd need to start including Christian holidays among their goals as well as giving us the American versions (no more communist Santas.)

I've about had it with these games. I will be 88 minutes short of completing this BS goal. It just isn't enough time for me anymore. I can't complete the goals, so the purpose of starting them is getting fuzzy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    I would hate a paid version. I would never spend money on this or any game, no matter how much I liked it.
    Sounds like when cable first came out--"What? PAY for tv programs?! That's crazy, who would do that when you can get all the tv you'd ever want for free."

And now it's considered par for the course, unremarkable.