Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be interested in a paid version of Restaurant Story?

Rhino Keeper

Would you be interested in a paid version of Restaurant Story?

I have thought for a long time how much better these games, RS/BS, would be if there was a paid version. I've played for 6 years and spent thousands of dollars on it, whether deliberately or by falling into the carefully constructed gem traps.

Maybe a flat fee per month, a one-time sizable investment, I'm curious what ideas could surface from the clever minds of my fellow players.

Nightclub Owner
    That would interest me, most definitely. But only if the monthly fee would ensure that they would go back to the old update schedule where we got something new every week. I'm so sick and tired of new goals being the only way to get new content. I've never once spent a gem on a goal (barring those weird goals that required them years ago) so I can't image others do either. It boggles my mind that any company would choose this as a business model.

I figure they could go one of two ways - pay a monthly fee and get automatic access to every update for no further cost or players could purchase each update individually which would cost slightly more than the monthly fee. For example, we could pay 10 dollars a month and each update (excluding goals) would be opened to us or we could pay 3 dollars to unlock each update as it's released. They could add a feature tab to our market and each new update would show as locked (like goal items are now) until it was purchased.

Of course, I'm not saying the items would automatically be able to be placed for free. We'd still need to purchase the new items with gems and coins like all things or else there's very little point in continuing to earn gems or coins. At this point, I'm pretty bored with the current game set up and I think many others are as well.

Just as they did with the old set up, they could go back to one 30 day goal per month and that update could be free for all players. That way the players who don't want to pay could still have new content but it would be less than the paying players which I think is both reasonable and fair. They could also copy the old set up for the weekly releases; meaning the updates would rotate between goals, crates and regular content. They could also do a monthly theme so that each update offered throughout the month ties together in some way.

The system worked for years before so why couldn't it work again? If the players were paying a fee then maybe they could hire on a few more employees to ensure the content is better than the recolors and copies from old s8 games they've been tossing at us over the last year. It seems like a win-win for everyone.

I adore these games, don't get me wrong, but things have gotten beyond stale and it's a shame. It used to be that every Thursday brought anticipation and excitement to see what new items were going to be offered. Now, every goal feels like a chore I'm preparing for which isn't really the vibe I look for in a game. All the years of effort and money spent on the games are really the only reasons I'm still playing at this point. Though I do have my limits. I've already dropped DS which I played from the beginning because I got fed up with the nonsense and I really hope they make some changes before I get to that point with BS and RS. If paying a subscription fee is what it would take to make changes and get more content offered then I'd happily pay ten bucks a month!

Quote Originally Posted by callmetired View Post
    I have thought for a long time how much better these games, RS/BS, would be if there was a paid version. I've played for 6 years and spent thousands of dollars on it, whether deliberately or by falling into the carefully constructed gem traps.

Maybe a flat fee per month, a one-time sizable investment, I'm curious what ideas could surface from the clever minds of my fellow players.
    Thousands of dollars??!!

Rhino Keeper
    Fantastic reply, Annira, key points well thought out and sooo doable!

If the company is at ALL interested in their bottom line, they will, FOR ONCE take heed. The paucity of creativity and s**** is overwhelming and when I see newish players rave over how great the offerings are, I could just weep at the delusion. They have NO clue whatsoever.

STORM 8-- believe it, players want you to make money and thrive legitimately. Your failed business plan cries out for a makeover.
    Last edited by callmetired; 02-26-19 at 09:38 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Thousands of dollars??!!
    Yes, thousands--I have 3 each Bakery and Restaurant plus a few other minor ones I maintain just for control of goal parts and gifts.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    Thousands of dollars??!!
    Hey, to each her own. And the rest of us should probably be grateful!

But anyway, while I wouldn't be opposed to paying--I've spent at least a couple hundred in my overall time here--no way would I go up to $10/month. But I don't even think they need subscriptions. If they could just make those value packs work for Android, and offer creative new designs in them, I would probably up my current spending (but they really need to bring them to droid first!). Skip the extra parts and such, just offer a $1.99 item exclusively for cash once a month. Make it a well-designed 4x4 piece, and you'll probably get people to go for it.

No never. The way the functioning of the game fs rs bs right now stinks.

I spend no money on games. Bad enough I spend time on the games. If it would be a requirement I would find another game similar.

Fashion Designer
    If they quit this business of goals that I can't finish and they stopped tricking us into spending gems, HECK YEAH, a paid version would be great. If they were still being tricky and having goals I can't finish, why pay?

Host(ess)
    I would rather pay a one time fee like 2$ or something I wouldnt waist my money on a monthly payment. And they better remove the adds if Im paying for it. That alone would be worth the cost. I probably spent 10-15$ on it already but I wouldnt be playing this game if it was a monthly payment I got enough bills due

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast