Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Diamond type dragons

Understanding Diamond type dragons

I've read through some of the Diamond threads trying to get an understanding of how and when you get diamond dragons, because I would really like some more.
    But from what I can read it doesn't seem like there's much rhyme or reason to how and when people get these.
    Does anyone know how best to breed diamond types ?
    Does level of player, level of parent dragons, other things on the island like what you are evolving, or other things matter in getting these sometimes elusive diamonds?
    Any tips you can give will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by CMeller View Post
    <Snip...>
    Any tips you can give will be appreciated
    The only tip I can give you is to try, try and try

There are no special formulas, everything boils down to dumb luck.

Oh! Wait, maybe there is one thing. When you breed a Diamond with another element, resist the urge to breed the Diamond with hybrids. Breeding with hybrids greatly increases the permutations. When I'm attempting to breed a Diamond type dragon, I also make sure that I'm able to spend one or two weeks re-breeding after each failure.

Executive Chef
    All Diamond type dragons are Ultra Rares, which means that the chances of breeding any certain one is very, very small. I can't remember the odds. I know that there are people on here who do know the odds, like maybe @deadpixel, @Amerish, or @skyharbor? Lots of other knowledgeable players, too; those are just the ones who came to mind first.

The Honorable Panda
    Diamond Dragons are tough to get since they are Ultra-rare.
    The level of the dragons or the order you breed them not does make a difference.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Diamond Dragons are tough to get since they are Ultra-rare.
    The level of the dragons or the order you breed them not does make a difference.
    Getting the first diamond is luck or perserverence. However, while trying to breed one, you can try to earn enough Bingo tickets to craft Neo Diamond, then use it to breed Quetzal, Ridgeback/Crusader. Then use two Ridgeback/Crusader to breed Infinity.
    The above breed combos have 20s & 10s fails, so if you spend a few hours breeding the combo you will get them.
    Next breed for Mercury which have 12hr Water fails. Other Diamonds hybrids have too many outcomes so are really hard to breed, that is why using essence to craft them is the slow but sure way to get them.

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess patience is key here and just feel lucky if/when I get more than the ones I have now

On 3 or 4 of our games we've gotten diamonds during bingo and dragon tales breeding tasks. The games were various levels from 20 something to over 100. I had read somewhere about getting diamonds during bingo so I always made sure to have appropriate combos for breeding tasks. Figured it certainly couldn't hurt. I waited years for my first on my main game and tried a gazillion diff combos. No data to back this up of course, just passing on my experiences and sending some luck.

Banned
    Diamonds are extremely hard to get in this game with the non-stop commons muddying the landscape. But the tip about saving bingo tickets to craft Neo Diamond is sound advice. Regular Diamonds are harder to get now than ever before. When you get Neo Diamond and level it up past 4 definitely breed it with Forest. It may take hours but it will eventually get you a Quetzal. For Infinity, I would actually try Quetzal and Neo Diamond for a few tries because Infinity would be among three dragons you can get and if you get Quetzal again then it's only 32 hours compared to 44 with Crusader and 41 with Ridgeback. The longest dragon in the Quetzal/Neo Diamond breeding would be Infinity at 40 hours. I found myself getting Infinities more with a Diamond/Infinity + Quetzal anyway.

Again

Quote Originally Posted by nicsdragonisle View Post
    On 3 or 4 of our games we've gotten diamonds during bingo and dragon tales breeding tasks. The games were various levels from 20 something to over 100. I had read somewhere about getting diamonds during bingo so I always made sure to have appropriate combos for breeding tasks. Figured it certainly couldn't hurt. I waited years for my first on my main game and tried a gazillion diff combos. No data to back this up of course, just passing on my experiences and sending some luck.
    As luck would have it, I just got 44 hrs with Mist & Stone Spirit for Ch 4 Act 3-Breed with a Mist. (I only do through Ch 3 on the kids games for Tales)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nicsdragonisle View Post
    As luck would have it, I just got 44 hrs with Mist & Stone Spirit for Ch 4 Act 3-Breed with a Mist. (I only do through Ch 3 on the kids games for Tales)
    Congrats on the Diamond even though it came at an inopportune time during Dragon Tales. Sometimes that happens. I bred 2 Diamond Dragons during previous Tales events as well but, still, they were definitely welcomed surprises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast