Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to delete gift without losing gift slot

Rhino Keeper

Unable to delete gift without losing gift slot

iPad iOS 12.1.1 Bakery Story lvl 99
    Game version 1.8.2

For the last 2 days when I decline a gift the slot does not open again. This has not happened before and I am not doing anything differently. Any resolution known?

Day 3 upgraded to iOS 12.1.3. Same issue. This started when I reached lvl 99. I do not see how that has anything to do with it but it is information.

Day 4 I accepted 15 gifts and waiting to see how many more would come is as pending. I was hoping that would allow me to pick the remaining 5 I wanted and then delete the rest. After the last 5 came in neighbors started saying my gifts were full.

I am finished building goal ovens so beginning tomorrow this is going to become a major issue for me. All I can think to do is start deleting neighbors.

Any advice is welcomed.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppiVille View Post
    iPad iOS 12.1.1 Bakery Story lvl 99
    Game version 1.8.2

For the last 2 days when I decline a gift the slot does not open again. This has not happened before and I am not doing anything differently. Any resolution known?

Day 3 upgraded to iOS 12.1.3. Same issue. This started when I reached lvl 99. I do not see how that has anything to do with it but it is information.

Day 4 I accepted 15 gifts and waiting to see how many more would come is as pending. I was hoping that would allow me to pick the remaining 5 I wanted and then delete the rest. After the last 5 came in neighbors started saying my gifts were full.

I am finished building goal ovens so beginning tomorrow this is going to become a major issue for me. All I can think to do is start deleting neighbors.

Any advice is welcomed.
    That's awful! After reading this, I'm obsessively checking to make sure my gifting hasn't started behaving differently but I'm in the clear for now. It's worrying though to know that such a fundamental part of the game can change for no apparent reason like this.

I hope s8 is able to offer you an answer/fix for this issue when they're back in office on Monday. I'll know I'll be checking back to see their ideas -- just in case this does ever happen to me. I'm of the mind that it's always a good idea to have fix options/solutions/whatevers in your pocket for times like this when an issue pops up outside of business hours.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for your comments. I have been extremely anxious about this the last few day. If unresolved, this will certainly change the game dramatically for me. I sure hope Monday brings some answers.

Rhino Keeper
    Day 5 - I visited a neighbor between each accept/decline forcing a sync. I was able to get 20 gifts this was but it was troubling throughout the entire process. Tomorrow I am going to see if I can at least do all my accepts and then visit before and between each decline. I could live with that.

Grand Emperor
    Your Day 4 and 5 sound ok to me. You got 20 gifts and that's normal.

When your gift slot does not open, it may be several reasons like your neighbours and the time when you declined the gift. Try to decline gift as early as possible. Declining it too close to game reset time leaves your neighbours a very small duration "window" to send you a gift. Most players tend to send as soon as they get into game after game reset, especially when goals are in progress. They want to gift early so they can get parts gifts in return fast. After you decline the gift, you need to have a neighbour who have not sent you a gift, to send you it before you can get another. If they have already sent you, then you won't get more from them. Also players are across different time zones, so they wont be able to send if they aren't in game after you decline.

All in all,
    1. make sure you decline as early as possible, dont wait til last minute to decline and
    2. don't jam up your request queue.

It's helpful to have at least 20 neighbours whom you can depend on and play the same style as you. Better yet play in the same time zone as you so you can work out the gift timing.

Glad to see that you are doing a force save to sync.

Rhino Keeper
    I was not clear on day 4. The 5 final gifts I received I did not want. When I declined them I did not get new gifts but rather had neighbors tell me my gifts were full. On day 4 I only accpeted 15 gifts and had neighbors still trying to gift me but after declining those 5 my gift box registered as full.

I play EST and when I was able to decline and get a new gift my 20 slots are full by noon EST which is hours away from reset.

I do not understand why I have to force sync my game between EACH gift acceptance or decline. I never did before and it takes much more time.

This really is not a mater of gift timing but rather that slots stay closed after I decline unless I do a forced sync between each decline / acceptance.
    Last edited by PeppiVille; 02-10-19 at 01:29 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone else not receiving gifts? Either there's a glitch or nearly all my neighbors decided to quit on the same day. I've only received 5 gifts in the last 2 days. At this rate I'll never get that 3rd Wi-Fi player built in time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysurvivor View Post
    Anyone else not receiving gifts? Either there's a glitch or nearly all my neighbors decided to quit on the same day. I've only received 5 gifts in the last 2 days. At this rate I'll never get that 3rd Wi-Fi player built in time.
    My gifts and requests have been coming through fine but I can't speak for others. If this is a persistent issue, it's best taken up directly with s8 Support Staff who will be back in office later today.

Bakery Story Bugs Forum: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...ugs-amp-Issues

S8 Support Link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    My gifts and requests have been coming through fine but I can't speak for others. If this is a persistent issue, it's best taken up directly with s8 Support Staff who will be back in office later today.

Bakery Story Bugs Forum: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...ugs-amp-Issues

S8 Support Link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Something weird is definitely happening. This morning I only had 2 gifts to accept. When I checked the Wi-Fi player, it was still sitting on 0 light my candles and 0 love notes. Just a few moments ago, I got on, accepted 2 more gifts, served and started 2 wouldn't it be rice and when I checked my third appliance, I now have 19 light my candles and 25 love notes! Not that I'm complaining but where the heck did they come from?

Also, when I Checked on my phone to get the names/numbers right for this post I had to reaccept the last two requests and my 1st appliance was sitting empty and 2nd still needed the last tap so I had to finish starting those recipes again. I'm at home on my personal internet so I know it's not a connection problem. So weird.

Rhino Keeper
    Day 6. Forced syncing before and after a decline. Gift slot was not opened. I accepted 19 gifts and then multiple neighbors said my gifts were full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast