Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 2/7: Sabina's Sweet Shop | goals & Inventory info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    Only players with Sweet Shop level 4 need coupons. You can visit and check to be sure.
    I agree, it'd solve many problems if we have to request 1 item per event.
    I visited the kingdoms requesting coupons. Aside from the fact it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, the Sweet Shops I managed to find were level 5-8. Thus I declined their request for coupons.

Please No More 2 requests in an event!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I visited the kingdoms requesting coupons. Aside from the fact it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, the Sweet Shops I managed to find were level 5-8. Thus I declined their request for coupons.

Please No More 2 requests in an event!
    Lol @ needle in a haystack! I felt the same way when I visited kingdoms trying to determine if they needed more coupons lol.

I think it is heartbreaking that so many people were not able to finish because of a ridiculous glitch that was reported and never fixed in time to allow people to have a chance at finishing. It is also heartbreaking that people were not able to finish because they were not able to gather the resources they needed because the ability to gather those resources depended on random drops or their ability and willingness to purchase and then spend gems to complete. I understand that Storm 8 is a for profit company and understand that they are not just in this to make us happy but to make money. I get that. BUT even the persons who actually spent money to get resources to complete were not able to do so. Then there are those who started late and who should be allowed to actually complete since the timer hasn't run out and they can't complete since the random drops of necessary resources have stopped dropping. Seriously. Ridiculous.

I hope the developers will actually consider either just extending the time for completing the event and increase the drop rate for gumdrops and other resources or just give everyone the Tuftkin and the Shop or some other equal compensation. I have always questioned whether the game developers actually play the games they develop. Over the years it has become painfully obvious that they do not even bother to play. Otherwise we wouldn't have these problems in the events EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Rhino Keeper
    So far my sweet shop has only dropped a piece of chocolate and black flagged for sugar cane... 4th collections

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Lol @ needle in a haystack! I felt the same way when I visited kingdoms trying to determine if they needed more coupons lol.

I think it is heartbreaking that so many people were not able to finish because of a ridiculous glitch that was reported and never fixed in time to allow people to have a chance at finishing. It is also heartbreaking that people were not able to finish because they were not able to gather the resources they needed because the ability to gather those resources depended on random drops or their ability and willingness to purchase and then spend gems to complete. I understand that Storm 8 is a for profit company and understand that they are not just in this to make us happy but to make money. I get that. BUT even the persons who actually spent money to get resources to complete were not able to do so. Then there are those who started late and who should be allowed to actually complete since the timer hasn't run out and they can't complete since the random drops of necessary resources have stopped dropping. Seriously. Ridiculous.

I hope the developers will actually consider either just extending the time for completing the event and increase the drop rate for gumdrops and other resources or just give everyone the Tuftkin and the Shop or some other equal compensation. I have always questioned whether the game developers actually play the games they develop. Over the years it has become painfully obvious that they do not even bother to play. Otherwise we wouldn't have these problems in the events EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    As a 10 year TeamLava/Storm8 game player, I have noted the events nowadays are almost impossible without using gems (i.e. spending money). Since I am disabled, I budget my entertainment money for games. I also can play all day since I am often stuck in bed. Other games I play, the developers give some sort of gift when there is a major software screwup during an event. I have NEVER seen Storm8 do this. In fact, I no longer will spend $ here until they not only remedy this, but also stop the offensive, pervasive advertising. Why spend $ on “unlimited” game play when you spend 10% or more of that time on pop up ads, or game crashes, or resets? As long as people continue to spend $, this will continue.
    Also, for those of you who “gift” daily.....if you don’t scroll down to the bottom of the Gift Return queue daily when gifting, neighbor event requests can get stuck. This chapter type of event is common in Dragon Story, and the complaints I am seeing here happen virtually every event (of this type) in that game. And there hasn’t been any player compensation, to my knowledge, when it happens. Remember, this is a business that needs to make $. Unfortunately, it seems the developers have yet to find a way to prevent players from quitting due to stress/frustration. I enjoyed spending my $20-80 a month here, until the advertising & event problems got ridiculous.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 02-18-19 at 11:08 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    i've gotten chocolate, sugar, syrup (more than once I've gotten syrup) from my shop.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm sure that all these glitches associated with events are done "to balance the economy of the game for the overall long term health of the game" or that what we consider glitches were put there to "improve the balance of the game, particularly for new players and should improve the overall life cycle for the games".

I remember reading that Mod/Staff response so many times.
    Lol.

Nightclub Owner
    My Sweet Shop hasn't dropped anything other than coins and black flags for syrup since I finished the event. On the plus side, my other feast droppers have been tossing out Sweet Feasts like crazy. I don't really care where they come from so long as I get them but it's still weird days in my realm.

My Tuftkin has dropped 8, 7 and 5 energy. Not terrible but after all that hullabaloo to get the darn thing, I can't help but hope that it will have some higher energy drops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I'm sure that all these glitches associated with events are done "to balance the economy of the game for the overall long term health of the game" or that what we consider glitches were put there to "improve the balance of the game, particularly for new players and should improve the overall life cycle for the games".

I remember reading that Mod/Staff response so many times.
    Lol.
    Lol. Boy do I not miss that old chestnut one bit! Though, I do have to admit that back when the games were handled by TL, there was a lot more interaction and direct conversations between players and devs. While most of the answers were over generalized and trite, I did appreciate the fact that they at least acknowledged the issues.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by alexversailles View Post
    I won the tufkin yesterday and placed it on my board. It is nowhere to be found this morning! I checked everywhere and inventory as well ! Anybody has the same issue ?
    Yes, I cannot find mine any more, too. It is gone ...and I spent lots of gems and made an in-app purchase to get it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    Yes, I cannot find mine any more, too. It is gone ...and I spent lots of gems and made an in-app purchase to get it.
    I'm terribly shocked at the sheer amount of players this is happening to. I've read at least a dozen players who've had their prizes vanish.

SW posted several pages back about what to do for this issue but the gist is this:

If you've completed all the goals within the time limit and cannot find your Tuftikin on your board or in your inventory, you will have to contact s8 Support for help.

Bugs Thread: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...ugs-amp-Issues

s8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Keep in mind that today is a US Bank Holiday so they may not be in office until tomorrow morning.

New Resident
    I was not able to finish in time to get the tuftkin, but aside from the story part being gone, it still says I have 2 days left to finish the quest. However, none of the wells, shrubs, trees, etc. are dropping the items needed. The candy land adventure is gone... what is with this quest!?