Thread: Food vs parts gifts

I live in New Zealand. Just outside Christchurch in the south island.

Food vs parts gifts

The goals seem to come with their own parts now days and we don't use what we have, so why bother gifting those parts any more? I would rather have food than a lot of parts that are of no use. What do you think?

Even if I brought an oven I didn't do the goal on and I have the parts for the oven I can't cook the food for that oven.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by edie62 View Post
    The goals seem to come with their own parts now days and we don't use what we have, so why bother gifting those parts any more? I would rather have food than a lot of parts that are of no use. What do you think?

Even if I brought an oven I didn't do the goal on and I have the parts for the oven I can't cook the food for that oven.
    As all things in s8 games, this is a question that depends on playing preferences and focus. Personally, I never accept food -- my philosophy is that I can make my own food but I cannot make my own Screws or Fuses.

On those few days when a goal isn't active, I continue to give and receive old parts (mostly the basic ones) and I've cultivated my neighbor list to include only players who share this philosophy.

I participate in all goals, even the 5 Day ones, so having a stockpile of extra parts is still very important to me. This enables me to build as many of the 5 Day ovens as I want, as quickly as I want so I can finish as early as I want. Last time I built 10 of the relisted appliance on the first day and finished the goal days early so I could have a few extra days of downtime. All thanks to my parts collection.

If you feel old parts no longer have a place in your daily gaming, then I would suggest you speak to all your neighbors about this. If they disagree, you can replace them with a neighbor who does share your views and will send you the items you desire. The game becomes much more enjoyable once you're assured that the only daily gifts you'll receive are the ones you want/need. Happy Gaming!