Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GOAL: Lunar New Year - 2019 Jan 31 (5 Days)

Executive Chef
    I'll be one who won't be able to finish. I admit I messed up when I cooked the turnip food when I thought I was cooking the banana food. That threw off my timing a lot. To me the arrangement of the food slots was off.
    But I really don't care and I probably won't be trying a 5 day goal anytime soon.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I'll be one who won't be able to finish. I admit I messed up when I cooked the turnip food when I thought I was cooking the banana food. That threw off my timing a lot. To me the arrangement of the food slots was off.
    But I really don't care and I probably won't be trying a 5 day goal anytime soon.
    You're not alone, I and many others have experienced issues with selecting and cooking the wrong food in past 5 Day Goals.

For some reason, when they add new recipes to the appliances it effects the Cook Book for that appliance -- it seems to suddenly have a mind of its own! I'll select the correct recipe and the Cook Book page will stay on the selected page for a few ovens then abruptly (and randomly) the Cook Book will flip a page by itself and if I'm not paying attention I'll end up selecting the wrong recipe. It only ever happens to me during these specific goals and only ever on the relisted appliance that has new recipes added. So irritating!

The moral of the story is that I've learned the hard way that while working on the 5 Day Goals to tap very slowly and very carefully when selecting recipes!

Rhino Keeper
    I will make it but only after instant cooking one banana bread. Cost me 8 gems 😢
    This wasnt a fun challange. I hope next time they will give us a goal with longer amount of time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by annalimanada View Post
    I will make it but only after instant cooking one banana bread. Cost me 8 gems ��
    This wasnt a fun challange. I hope next time they will give us a goal with longer amount of time.
    All the 5 Day Goals are more difficult to finish than the 15 Day Goals, regardless of playing level. An important thing to always remember and focus on in the 5DGs is to cook ahead whenever possible and build at least 5 or 6 of the relisted Appliance.

These goals can be very overwhelming at first but, hang in there and they will get easier over time. The more goals you participate in, the more you'll find tips and tricks that work best for your specific playing style and game set up. Your past experience with goals will help you to better prepare for future ones.

Congrats on finishing.

Rhino Keeper
    Wasn?t able to finish this one, I at least wanted to get the last recipe but even that was challenging. I built 4 ovens - I guess 6 would have been optimal but did not want to spend 400k for 6 ovens.

Executive Chef
    I managed to complete it with 10 hours spare. Although I did make a mistake on a part of goal where I cooked fruit cake instead of fruit tart

Fashion Designer
    Oops, wasn't paying attention to the timer I guess. I cooked my last 2 lunar cakes that I needed to complete the goal this morning but the goal already expired. A first for me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by monstertop View Post
    Oops, wasn't paying attention to the timer I guess. I cooked my last 2 lunar cakes that I needed to complete the goal this morning but the goal already expired. A first for me, haha.
    I did the same thing! Went to get the last ovens and goal was gone. Thought it said 2 days left on yesterday. A first for me missing the timer also! I lost the first days goal work because said to "buy" a lunar oven, not to "build" it, so goal did not check off.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatluv11 View Post
    I did the same thing! Went to get the last ovens and goal was gone. Thought it said 2 days left on yesterday. A first for me missing the timer also! I lost the first days goal work because said to "buy" a lunar oven, not to "build" it, so goal did not check off.
    It likely did say 2 Days Left when you checked it yesterday. It's very important to remember that the timer always rounds up until the goal gets within the last 24 hours when it finally shows the accurate timing in hours. I also include the end date in the first post for quick referencing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234