Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Lunar New Year - 2019 Jan 31 (5 Days)

Executive Chef
    All that cooking for a 18,000 coin decoration??

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It is a bit disappointing. Even more so when you take into account that the recipes are all copies of RS recipes that have simply been renamed.

What is it they're spending all their time and effort on if it's not creating new prizes and recipes?
    I wonder the same! ... I don t play RS because i read many times of nbrs getting upset or disapointed because like u show now
    Same recipes only bit change in the name and baking hours
    With a prize that i think many don t think iTS worth all the effort.

Mostly i play Those 5 day goals to unlock new recipes, sometimes i skipp. Hopefully next goal is a better one!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    All that cooking for a 18,000 coin decoration??
    I suppose we will be gifted one for free upon completion of the goal - but can we unlock it and get more of them for 18,000 coins each?

I had purchased multiple of Lunar Oven last year when we had a goal with it, why wouldn’t my ovens be in my inventory? I have 3 Big Dim Sum Station which was the 2nd oven we had to build with the goal last year. I know for a fact I never sold my ovens. Does anyone have any idea what could of happen? Very disappointed!

Host(ess)
    Wondering whether to skip this goal. The prize is a major disappointment, plus I’m sick of baking red velvet cookies - we’ve had them at least twice or thrice in previous side goals and I’ve long since mastered them. Was hoping for a V-Day themed goal but it looks like we’re not going to get one at this rate.

For the millionth time in a row- ZERO interest in this goal. Not participating. Lame.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by misskat816 View Post
    I had purchased multiple of Lunar Oven last year when we had a goal with it, why wouldn’t my ovens be in my inventory? I have 3 Big Dim Sum Station which was the 2nd oven we had to build with the goal last year. I know for a fact I never sold my ovens. Does anyone have any idea what could of happen? Very disappointed!
    Dim Sum station was originally released in 2015 and came up in a 5-day goal last year when they added 3 new recipes to it ( https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103211 ). Lunar oven was a standalone release, hasn't been part of a goal yet.

I too wish the prize were better, but since I was going for the recipes anyway, I might still do the last step to get the tree.

I believe that, except for step 1, where it sort of makes sense, S8 should stop including regular-oven things to bake at all. The extra "bake fruit tarts" or whatever steps just hurt lower-level players who don't have the full complement of appliance slots yet, and make those of us who do have 18 slots bake something we don't want to, without actually increasing the challenge. The challenge is making enough of the recipes on the specialty oven in time. (Unless you're one of the players who build 18 of those, but I don't think you're being challenged either way.)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    I suppose we will be gifted one for free upon completion of the goal - but can we unlock it and get more of them for 18,000 coins each?
    Sorry, but no. Since this is an old item that has been removed from the market, we're only get the one for completing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Sorry, but no. Since this is an old item that has been removed from the market, we're only get the one for completing.
    That's disappointing. What are we supposed to do with a single tree?

The ovens themselves are 65k each, and you'd need at least four to complete the goal in time. Then there's the cost of cooking everything—probably another 50k in total.

It's a pretty tree, but how are we to decorate with just one? I understand that Storm8 isn't going to change their stance on this, but I wish that we were were given at least 2 or 3 of them. As it is, we're paying about 300k for a single tree which we won't really be able to decorate with.

Oh well. I might have to abandon this goal.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyRachel View Post
    That's disappointing. What are we supposed to do with a single tree?

The ovens themselves are 65k each, and you'd need at least four to complete the goal in time. Then there's the cost of cooking everything—probably another 50k in total.

It's a pretty tree, but how are we to decorate with just one? I understand that Storm8 isn't going to change their stance on this, but I wish that we were were given at least 2 or 3 of them. As it is, we're paying about 300k for a single tree which we won't really be able to decorate with.

Oh well. I might have to abandon this goal.
    I completely agree that the prize doesn't seem to hold enough value to justify the amount of work needed to receive it. My feeling on the 5 Day Goals in general is that it's just something extra to keep us (the long time players in particular) busy while waiting for the next 15 Day Goal. I'm lucky enough to already own several of the trees so I'll only be completing enough goals to open the recipes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast