Thread: Requests: Mind the glitch

Fashion Designer

Exclamation Requests: Mind the glitch

There's a problem with the request system everyone should know about and plan around accordingly.
    We had many complaints on the forum before, when neighbors didn't receive requests when they should.
    One of the reasons is some of the requests get discarded by the game.
    If you send a request to a neighbor and this neighbor get 10 more requests before answering yours, your request will be deleted forever.

There's no way to prevent it unless you know when your neighbors are playing and checking their news.
    Even if someone just visited or sent a request to you, they might have already left by the time you sent your request.

All you really can do is to have plenty active neighbors, don't rely on just "20 active neighbors" as previously believed.
    And of course, try to know your neighbors. If you know that most of them live in USA, especially East coast, then maybe it's not always a good idea to sent requests right after S8 day reset (midnight), as we thought before.

At the same time, someone could be busy during the day. There's no easy solution. It's pretty easy to get 10 requests even in a few hours for an old player with active neighbors. I guess that many of us have 100-200(?) neighbors.

Luckily, S8 acknowledged there's a problem and decreased the requirement for the events to 15 requests, so it's realistic for everyone to meet this goal now. Hopefully, they'll fix this glitch soon.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Why do you think it's a glitch rather than game mechanics?

I don't think requests are deleted as I have received requests sent on day 1 up to 7 days later. This means they cannot be deleted, only postponed. Surely the catalyst for change was feedback from players who struggled to complete events when neighbor requests were included in the last goal and not because it's a glitch.

I really like this new system of daily neighbor requests as you can get more than you need in 1 day so they count towards the next day. Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post

I don't think requests are deleted as I have received requests sent on day 1 up to 7 days later. This means they cannot be deleted, only postponed. Surely the catalyst for change was feedback from players who struggled to complete events when neighbor requests were included in the last goal and not because it's a glitch.

I really like this new system of daily neighbor requests as you can get more than you need in 1 day so they count towards the next day. Just my 2 cents...
    For these events, is there still a limit to how many requests we make? I don't send to all my neighbours. Just to the ones who usually respond or I see are requesting.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    No limit but if you have more than say 200 neighbours then I'd be a bit choosey and pick the top 100

Fashion Designer
    Hmm, because I think it would be evil or not very smart to make such game mechanics on purpose lol. It made a lot of problems for players during time-limited events in the past.
    When I send a request I expect my neighbor can answer it if I didn't reach my limit of 20. If their limit of 10 is reached then the system should hold new requests, not delete old requests.

I don't think requests are deleted as I have received requests sent on day 1 up to 7 days later. This means they cannot be deleted, only postponed.
    If you got requests from 7 days it means that the player got 20 answered requests before you got a chance to answer (for 6 days straight) or you just didn't play for 6 days. When the limit of 10 received requests reached, they are not postponed.

Surely the catalyst for change was feedback from players who struggled to complete events when neighbor requests were included in the last goal and not because it's a glitch.
    You should know better than me how S8 was reasoning their changes but the problem of the glitchy requests system was existed for a while, when players were unable to get 20 requests per day when it was required for a time-limited goal. Almost every event some of the players struggled. I was one of them. I was sending requests to my own second kingdom and they kept getting lost. This is why I decided to get to the bottom of it.

Added:
    I checked again, there's no difference between events and main story requests. All of them discarded permanently, they are not postponed until the next day.
    BTW this glitch is very easy to reproduce so you can see what's going on by yourself. I can explain how to do it.
    Last edited by olcastle; 01-28-19 at 05:17 PM. Reason: update

No limit but if you have more than say 200 neighbours then I'd be a bit choosey and pick the top 100
    Wow! I shall send off some more requests!

Nightclub Owner
    Figured I'd weigh in on the subject but like every player, I can only relate my experiences. Also, there's always the possibility that I'm misunderstanding what exactly it is that you're calling a glitch so this may or may not be relevant.

I don't think that the News Feed deletes the request as you're suggesting, rather it just appears that way. I know for certain that I answered 17 requests this morning at my first log in. While I didn't see all of them at first, once I accepted all the visible requests in my feed, I got the Loading screen and once that cleared, there was a new/old batch of requests waiting to be answered. So on my end, it may look like the older requests disappear but it behaves as though the older ones are simply off-screen. Regardless of the actual mechanics, I know that I often answer more than 10 at a time so I don't see how it could be deleting them.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Regardless of the actual mechanics, I know that I often answer more than 10 at a time so I don't see how it could be deleting them.
    Do you want to see it? It could be easily done.